GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing like using your whole family! I'd have to believe that, if AH were an unwilling accomplice, she would have quietly gone along with what her husband told her. But here she is - involving her poor daughter. Involving her poor sister & family [I keep flashing back to her little nephew's 'yay! My aunt Laura is coming!' post, and it just breaks my heart], making all of these innocent family members accessories to a horrible, disgusting crime. That, in my opinion, do not sound like someone "not thinking right," or "scared to speak up." To me, that behavior just underscores the type of personality that has no respect for others' lives.

And, yes, the whole thing with LA's daughter is really weird. Was the vacuum supposed to help her mother's case?

If she was afraid she could have gotten help when she was at her sister's house. There were people there to help her. I don't see her as being afraid.

JMO

The video below confirms that for me (just in my opinion only). Check out the 1:16 mark (but turn your sound down b/c the song is horrible!). To me, that is someone creating a situation where their "love" controls everything - eventually to the point where the victim only feels secure in an environment where the abuser is present. Would he have eventually turned outwardly abusive and/or violent? I'd venture so... But I think what you're seeing here is that first stage of "loving manipulation" that sucks so many women in.

Still not sure, however, whether AH was also a manipulator in her own right, or whether she got in over her head. Maybe she was so scared of losing Grant that she went along with hiding a body. Or maybe, she wanted Laura gone just as much as he did. I'm still on the fence on that.

Anyway, here's the video:
‪Hello Thursday Grant Haze‬‏ - YouTube

I just watched the video... that miraculous joy of bringing a life into the world.. and all I could think is HOW can you experience this kind of amazing joy of bringing life into the world and a little over a month later, take a human life? I'm dumbfounded and i think either AH was totally under the control of GH or was under the influence of drugs. This poor child... Poor Laura! Sigh....

I spent several hours in Greenville yesterday with my daughter and her boyfriend. This case, along with the Anthony verdict, came up. Daughter's boyfriend has done graphic design work for GH in the past. I quizzed boyfriend intently on his take of GH and he said his impression was hugely negative---ego and self love were his main projections. He was not difficult to work with but boyfriend came away from projects with a distaste/dislike for GH. Said he was surprised with respect to the dismemberment of LA as GH appeared too passive to commit anything so gruesome. He, however, was not surprised at the murder charge as boyfriend stated he didn't think GH was accustomed to anybody crossing him up even over small issues.

I have taken a short reprieve from true crime for the past week. I was on murder- overload. Will be back in full force soon in a couple of days.

Its interesting that GH had an account on this flirtatious social media site, which bills itself as a luxury social network for the world's most exclusive parties, LOL. Looks like GH was playing around even behind AH's back.

GH also apparently spent a month or more in Hawaii starting in late April this year, 2011. I base this on the date of the photo and the content of the conversation indicated (that he hoped to be back in time for the birth the first week of June). So he's out in Hawaii by himself, I guess performing, for maybe a month or more - yet still fought (and won) to be the full time parent for his boys? I can understand having to travel for work, even as a full time parent, but Hawaii was the only place he could go to make $? really? and for a month?

I also found this pic, which appears to be LA (its not captioned) back in 2007, at a time when she and GH first started their relationship.

I just checked IMDB and there is NO Amanda on the entire cast. I think she must have made it up? Unless she had a hollywood name? Doubt it..

Same here, CAddict -- As soon as I heard that she was in "Wives," -- a week ago or so -- I looked on IMDB and another couple of sites, and could not find and "Amanda" anywhere. I googled "Stepford Wives Amanda" and got nothing. :dramaqueen:

Whazzup w' this?? :detective:

icon5.gif
........I am very curious......:cat:

I don't know what to think about AH.

I think she's been living with a very, very, manipulative narcissist at the very least.
If SE noticed how much he hated LA then I'm sure AH noticed. It seems like his hatred of LA was an accepted part of their family dynamic.

I think GH premeditated this. I don't know if AH knew or not. If so, GH took a big risk by telling her...she could have gone to the cops and stopped him. If not, GH took a big risk by involving her after the fact for the same reason. So he must have been pretty sure he could trust her or assure her cooperation in some way.

I don't hear any remorse in the interactions that SE described. I could believe that she was terrified after finding out what he had done, or that he had threatened her if she didn't cooperate. But that statement "I didn't do anything wrong" says to me that she has no remorse about the part she was involved in.....I would expect a truly innocent person who only went along out of some mortal fear to be remorseful about their actions, even if at the time they felt they had no other choice. MOO.

Same here, CAddict -- As soon as I heard that she was in "Wives," -- a week ago or so -- I looked on IMDB and another couple of sites, and could not find and "Amanda" anywhere. I googled "Stepford Wives Amanda" and got nothing. :dramaqueen:

Whazzup w' this?? :detective:

icon5.gif
........I am very curious......:cat:

I checked both versions on Stepford Wives and didn't find her in either. Thought maybe she played a baby in the first one..........lol

I don't know what to think about AH.

I think she's been living with a very, very, manipulative narcissist at the very least.
If SE noticed how much he hated LA then I'm sure AH noticed. It seems like his hatred of LA was an accepted part of their family dynamic.

I think GH premeditated this. I don't know if AH knew or not. If so, GH took a big risk by telling her...she could have gone to the cops and stopped him. If not, GH took a big risk by involving her after the fact for the same reason. So he must have been pretty sure he could trust her or assure her cooperation in some way.

I don't hear any remorse in the interactions that SE described. I could believe that she was terrified after finding out what he had done, or that he had threatened her if she didn't cooperate. But that statement "I didn't do anything wrong" says to me that she has no remorse about the part she was involved in.....I would expect a truly innocent person who only went along out of some mortal fear to be remorseful about their actions, even if at the time they felt they had no other choice. MOO.

Her statement that she did nothing wrong to me is more telling than anything. To me it says I saw it, I went along with it, I helped him cover it up, but I didn't help kill her. Her defense is going to be that she was protecting the babies.......... Was she protecting them from LA or GH?

I am really having a diifcult time with the distance LA put between herself and her own family. (There is a story there) Her and GH were no longer a couple however she still kept that distance. I have noticed that her family is taking donations for the children. Now I am not a fan of GH parents having these kids by no means and I agree that a a fund should be set up for the children, however I feel like someone that was close to LA (not her estranged family) should be in control of that. Anybody else feeling this way??

I agree with so much of what you've said here, say2. It is indeed nagging that LA continued to keep her distance with her family. Maybe they never approved of GH and she was embarrassed & didn't want to hear any "I told you so's" from them. Maybe GH brainwashed her? Maybe her parents were abusive; maybe they were very conservative about mixed couples or about her "having to" get married? Maybe she was rebellious as a young teenager? Or maybe the family is just that way -- cold, not affectionate, no love there? Hmmmmm -- dunno.

And those children probably shouldn't be raised in Kinston -- not, perhaps, because of the grandparents (I'm still undecided about that), but because Kinston is a small town, probably in many ways. (I was raised in a town in NC about the size of Kinston, and we pass thru Kinston often on our way to MHC.)

How many couples out there would jump at the chance of adopting two beautiful little boys? That could happen and the children still could see their grandparents.

And this fund-raising stuff.... I have always been a bit suspicious when a family asks that donations are to be given to "the family." It's probably usually above-board, but where is the accounting and disclosure of receipts & spending? Money is tight these days.... Set up a trust-type account with its own name and TIN at a recognized bank -- that's always the way it should be done. Interested potential donors could get a copy of the accounting records, etc., etc.

So much to ponder here, as usual, huh?

The whole custody issue and the family dynamics is quite strange. I agree that we can only hope and pray that the DDS work with due diligence to arrange for the proper care and love for these kids.

I have NEVER, EVER thought or said this about any other case, but I'm wondering if perhaps these children would be better off starting fresh in a new, proper, home. I am not suggesting that the two boys be separated, they only have each other.

For LA's sake, let's hope that the boys grow up in a safe and loving environment - irregardless of the legal guardian(s).

BBM - Wuffin -- the more I read about all this case (what we know of it, anyway -- and it's certainly not the whole shebang), that's where I keep coming back -- let both of them -- together, as a pair -- be adopted thru normal standards, and start afresh. This wouldn't mean that grandparental visits would not be allowed, but the potential of those visits should be thoroughly checked by DSS or Child Protective Services (or whatever that body is) to see if all is well with the g-parents and other relatives and determine a visitation schedule, if appropriate. JMHO

If she was afraid she could have gotten help when she was at her sister's house. There were people there to help her. I don't see her as being afraid.

JMO

I agree, JeannieC - She could have just walked out -- even if she was busting-out pregnant, or had just delivered the new baby -- all the more reason to just split. There's Interact, and that's a very good resource and it's confidential, protective, and offers sleeping quarters. Surely she had some friends who could help. And, as you say, she had her sister...

She certainly had been hearing, IMO, for months & months GH yammering on about why he hated LA and all the awful things she did. Brainwash, perhaps?

He probably rocked and rolled her into helping him take care of the problem. Most of us have agreed that he apparently had some kind of charm, charisma, whatevah, so he worked this on LA for a while and then he worked in on AH. Some intangible & un-ignorable type of thrall that he used on many women, it seems to me. She may have been a very willing helper, planner, co-conspirator and IMO murderer.

A note about the vacuum cleaner: It could be that they just didn't want to use theirs because they were afraid it might suck-up and store evidence, and they didn't want it in their house. A possibility, that one.

I spent several hours in Greenville yesterday with my daughter and her boyfriend. This case, along with the Anthony verdict, came up. Daughter's boyfriend has done graphic design work for GH in the past. I quizzed boyfriend intently on his take of GH and he said his impression was hugely negative---ego and self love were his main projections. He was not difficult to work with but boyfriend came away from projects with a distaste/dislike for GH. Said he was surprised with respect to the dismemberment of LA as GH appeared too passive to commit anything so gruesome. He, however, was not surprised at the murder charge as boyfriend stated he didn't think GH was accustomed to anybody crossing him up even over small issues.

I have taken a short reprieve from true crime for the past week. I was on murder- overload. Will be back in full force soon in a couple of days.

Glad to have you back, NCEast!!:great::seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member