GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay NC I made over here. Hello everyone seeya:

I have read over this whole thread and part of the 1st thread to try to catch up. I just wanted to know who the players were in the case. I haven't watched any video's yet.

I do remember the Laura being found in TX and wondering how close that it was to my DD. It was very far from her.

Howdy Jewels. :)

I shall be here when trial starts also.
Read up on this case a couple months ago, been waiting for it to kick off.
Hope to see all of you on Schneiderman while we wait for Aug 26th to roll around :seeya:

I don't remember what the date is for this trial to begin? July?

tia

I don't remember what the date is for this trial to begin? July?

tia

IIRC, jury selection begins on Aug. 24. Normally, jury selection is not televised but if I find out that this one is I'll definitely post it.

My goodness...has it been this long? I remember when this happened. Feels like yesterday.
May justice finally come to Laura.
oxoxoxo

IIRC, jury selection begins on Aug. 24. Normally, jury selection is not televised but if I find out that this one is I'll definitely post it.

For some reason I thought it started this month. I guess after sitting through back to back trials I am lost.

Thanks for the maps Geevee. The Hayes/Haze wife's sister lives along that creek and LE are not charging her with anything related to this case. Obviously, she was totally unaware of what her sister was up to that day. I bet she was surprised when LE showed up and told her what was going on. I am still so very thankful to both the Raleigh police dept. and the Texas law enforcement folks who tied all of this together in such a very short time--about a week IIRC. Have no idea how they did it.

BBM
Hi all! I'm so glad I finally tracked down the Hayes/Haze thread so I can follow this trial with you all. I'm totally unfamiliar with it but didn't want to lose track of my "WS Peeps!" :seeya:

Hiya BD, and thanks for the warm welcome! I think we ran across each other on the Abaroa thread, seems like a long time ago. lol Looking very forward to that retrial.

This case looks to be really interesting, I hope we'll have access to plenty of pics and documents. :)

Thanks again, BD. :)

bbm

Yes we did watch Abaroa together, geevee -- I still say I think that the arrogant (yet another one to add to the "A" list -- where "A" is for "arrogant") fan-of-himself Abaroa thought that the 11-1 vote was 11 NG's. Hah! Grrrrr. At least with a re-trial the pros will have some additional tune-up time and they will ratchet it up a bit. We don't want any wiggle room on this thing. He needs to be in a :jail: cell for the rest of his I-love-me life.
icon8.gif

And I do plan to look in on Andrea's trial -- oooohh, she's a piece of work herself. <shiver>
icon6.gif

bbm

Yes we did watch Abaroa together, geevee -- I still say I think that the arrogant (yet another one to add to the "A" list -- where "A" is for "arrogant") fan-of-himself Abaroa thought that the 11-1 vote was 11 NG's. Hah! Grrrrr. At least with a re-trial the pros will have some additional tune-up time and they will ratchet it up a bit. We don't want any wiggle room on this thing. He needs to be in a :jail: cell for the rest of his I-love-me life.
icon8.gif

And I do plan to look in on Andrea's trial -- oooohh, she's a piece of work herself. <shiver>
icon6.gif

BBM
The look on the defense table was classic, wasn't it? lol Have they set the date for his retrial? We have a pretty packed schedule this Fall, H/H, AndiS, the JA penalty retrial, I hope they'll wait until we clear *our* calendars so we can pay rapt attention while Charlene shows RA who the boss really is. ;)

BBM
The look on the defense table was classic, wasn't it? lol Have they set the date for his retrial? We have a pretty packed schedule this Fall, H/H, AndiS, the JA penalty retrial, I hope they'll wait until we clear *our* calendars so we can pay rapt attention while Charlene shows RA who the boss really is. ;)

You said it, gee -- we need to advise the networks and the judges that our :princess:schedules only allow one trial at a time... It simply :snooty: won't do if they overlap our trial viewing.... :curses::eek:verreaction:

I hope this isn't inappropriate but I am so filled with trials, and true crime documentaries, and local crime in the news lately. Wanted to share before this grizzly Haze/Hayes trial gets underway as we all need some laughter in our lives.

How Do Court Reporters Keep Straight Faces?

These are from a book called Disorder in the Courts and are things people actually said in court, word for word, taken down and published by court reporters that had the torment of staying calm while the exchanges were taking place.

ATTORNEY: What was the first thing your husband said to you that morning?
WITNESS: He said, 'Where am I, Cathy?'
ATTORNEY: And why did that upset you?
WITNESS: My name is Susan!
ATTORNEY: Are you sexually active?
WITNESS: No, I just lie there.
WITNESS: Every year.
WITNESS: Forty-five years.
WITNESS: I forget..
ATTORNEY: You forget? Can you give us an example of something you forgot?

ATTORNEY: The youngest son, the 20-year-old, how old is he?
WITNESS: He's 20, much like your IQ.
ATTORNEY: So the date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th?
WITNESS: Yes.
ATTORNEY: And what were you doing at that time?
WITNESS: Getting laid

ATTORNEY: She had three children , right?
WITNESS: Yes.
ATTORNEY: How many were boys?
WITNESS: None.
ATTORNEY: Were there any girls?
WITNESS: Your Honor, I think I need a different attorney. Can I get a new attorney?
WITNESS: Take a guess.

ATTORNEY: Can you describe the individual?
WITNESS: He was about medium height and had a beard
ATTORNEY: Was this a male or a female?
WITNESS: Unless the Circus was in town I'm going with male.
ATTORNEY: Doctor , how many of your autopsies have you performed on dead people?
WITNESS: All of them. The live ones put up too much of a fight.
ATTORNEY: Do you recall the time that you examined the body?
WITNESS: The autopsy started around 8:30 PM
ATTORNEY: And Mr. Denton was dead at the time?
WITNESS: If not, he was by the time I finished.

ATTORNEY: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?
WITNESS: No.
ATTORNEY: Did you check for blood pressure?
ATTORNEY: Did you check for breathing?
WITNESS: No..
ATTORNEY: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?
ATTORNEY: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
WITNESS: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
ATTORNEY: I see, but could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?
WITNESS: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law.

Oh, my pal 'East -- thanks -:tyou: - yes, I needed that, too!! I think most of us die-hard trial-watchers and justice-seekers can appreciate the Q&A that you selected for us. :floorlaugh:

We do need to take a breath or two, sit back fer a minnit, and laff :lol: a bit. We've got lots & lots getting ready to happen, as you said... Hayes, Andrea Sneiderman, eventually another Hayes, Abaroa, Arias sentencing trial, Laurence Lovette, etc. None of them will be easy, but we hope they will be fair and full of justice.

See you soon, my NC buddy!! :blowkiss:

And that's why I love the posters here.
Where else can you post about a horrid murder and the next post gives you a grin? Humanity could take a page from the WS book.
Coming from a family of attorneys I can say that I had heard some of those.

My first visit to a courthouse was with my dad and he put me on the witness stand (I was young - 4-6?) and asked he asked me "Where were you when the bite was taken from the cupcake?"
My response being serious was doing something else. And his reply? "How do you know when the bite of the cupcake was taken if you didn't do it?"
Attorney logic can be cyclical and perhaps cynical.

Now you all will have to save me a seat because I am out of my lurkdom after following the LC "verdict" and just catching up here.

You're not new to WS, but I will still say, Welcome, redsky to this case on Websleuths. We'll be in it in a couple of weeks -- and we should have live-streaming coverage after a jury is seated!

Oh, my pal 'East -- thanks -:tyou: - yes, I needed that, too!! I think most of us die-hard trial-watchers and justice-seekers can appreciate the Q&A that you selected for us. :floorlaugh:

We do need to take a breath or two, sit back fer a minnit, and laff :lol: a bit. We've got lots & lots getting ready to happen, as you said... Hayes, Andrea Sneiderman, eventually another Hayes, Abaroa, Arias sentencing trial, Laurence Lovette, etc. None of them will be easy, but we hope they will be fair and full of justice.

See you soon, my NC buddy!! :blowkiss:

Looking forward to spending time with you my dear friend Born! I have missed you and your wit!!

And that's why I love the posters here.
Where else can you post about a horrid murder and the next post gives you a grin? Humanity could take a page from the WS book.
Coming from a family of attorneys I can say that I had heard some of those.

My first visit to a courthouse was with my dad and he put me on the witness stand (I was young - 4-6?) and asked he asked me "Where were you when the bite was taken from the cupcake?"
My response being serious was doing something else. And his reply? "How do you know when the bite of the cupcake was taken if you didn't do it?"
Attorney logic can be cyclical and perhaps cynical.

Now you all will have to save me a seat because I am out of my lurkdom after following the LC "verdict" and just catching up here.

Welcome Redsky! Looking forward to having you join us!! The LC verdict nearly did us all in.

You're not new to WS, but I will still say, Welcome, redsky to this case on Websleuths. We'll be in it in a couple of weeks -- and we should have live-streaming coverage after a jury is seated!

Born, we watched the first 2.5 weeks of the Levi Chavez trial in New Mexico in something between slo-mo and a robotic dance of sorts. Honest to goodness it was beyond awful. They finally got the video/audio fixed and then we were able to see how awful the defense attorney actually was and be darned if the judge wasn't in his back pocket. All but 3 or 4 state's objections were overruled in the 5 week trial. Can you imagine. Needless to say, the defendant was found not guilty--he was a cop who killed his wife and said she committed suicide. We all felt so badly for her parents from day one. Anyhow, getting back to the bench with Judge Stephens will be such a joy, I can hardly wait. His soft, yet firm and deliberate, manner will be just what this nasty Hayes/Haze character needs to keep him in his place. Can't wait.

Hi, East -- and redsky!!

I didn't even know about the LC case/trial -- no idea how I missed it, although I did see the Chavez name here on WS a time or two. It sounds like a horrid deal from front to back -- especially the verdict, which I'm sure you all anticipated, in spite of it all. Oh, well. The "bad cops" don't always win, do they??

Now i'll have to go find LC here in WS, just to see what a bit of it was like... Hmmm, was it on IS?

We must make sure the good guys win another one on the Hayes trial. We must lock up that snotty grin of his, as well as the rest of him, for life, grrrrrrrrrrr

Live coverage? Wow, I didn't know that was definite.
So, the big question. WHO in here is going to the courtroom to check it out?
I am seriously considering making an appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth