GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
More battery acid pics:

IIRC, the investigator stated the receipt from Home Depot had the 4 boxes of battery acid. Each box contained two (2) one gallon jugs. 7 are shown in the last pic. One of the bottles was missing & one of the bottles still had some acid in it. The other bottles had not been opened.

Just want to thank you for the screen shots. Especially of those of AH disposing of the acid. She's an idiot. Both of them are. Poor dear Laura, how in the heck did she ever get involved with GH in the first place.......

I had to laugh when the judge told the jury: "keep an open mind and don't form an opinion of the guilt or innocence of the defendant..."

I believe AH & GH thought no one would ever trace them to this area so they were not worried about concealing evidence, ie glove packaging, acid boxes, Home Depot video, etc. Thank heavens they were so over confident!

Just want to thank you for the screen shots. Especially of those of AH disposing of the acid. She's an idiot. Both of them are. Poor dear Laura, how in the heck did she ever get involved with GH in the first place.......

YW, NCEast!

I was just thinking I hope you guys aren't sick of me & all these screen shots. Laura's case was the one that brought me to WS. I felt a connection with her, once being a single mom myself & having trouble with "the father". Kinston is within an hour of me....I just felt a kindred spirit with her. It absolutely breaks my heart the way she was taken from this earth.

On that note, I'm going to have to be away from the trial this afternoon. So if anyone is able to grab screen shots, please feel free.

I'm having trouble even watching the archived files, do you think there servers are overloaded?

Wonder what happened to the trash can he bought at Home Depot? Thinking maybe they poured the acid in that and then probably put poor LA's head in there to try to destroy/dissolve teeth, etc that could be used for identification? There was testimony yesterday that her head was much more decomposed than other body parts found. It would take a long time to dissolve teeth in acid but luckily they were not smart enough to know that. What horrible people with no conscience it takes to come up with such a plan!

Excellent! Thank you.
4 minutes completed with no stutters or freezing. Yay!

Hope the police interviews come on soon now :)

I wonder if they have an iPad app. It says it's not configured for me to watch it on my iPad. Very frustrated with this. I finally have some time to watch and it is quickly passing me by. By the way I'm in BC watching this trial. I watched Jason Youngs second and Ravens still fuming about that one. We are the proud NOT owners of Robert Willy Pickton, the Pig Farmer Killer

Because the trial is being streamed live on WRAL, there's no reason to hoof it downtown, pay for parking, etc, etc. just to sit in the courtroom and watch, when you can hear better online, see better online, and have access to things like the Interwebs, your refrigerator, bathrooms that work, etc.

Plus, who's going to support the killer besides his mommy and maybe a family member. And the victim was living in Kinston, not Raleigh, and her father is there at the trial most days.

bbm

I don't think we get to see the entire gallery area when we get a view of the courtroom, but does there appear to be anybody who might be GH supporters in there? I know his mom runs a daycare, so I guess that's where she is -- but is there anybody?

Yeah, I guess the 50-ft glossy Lovin' Grant Bus got lost.... pity...

I really want to watch this trial (especially the police interviews), but the streaming for me is unbelievably slow and sticky. I get freezing after say half a minute, then need to reload the page to repeat the same process over and over again.
Is everyone elses the same? I watched direct from WRAL two days ago and yesterday and today am trying Wildabouttrial.

I have seen WRAL buffer a couple of times, but it's not a problem so far. (jinx is coming, I'm sure!)

Here's WTVD, Raleigh. Might be worth a try.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/livenow?id=9223333

Bless that man.

He just said, "I remained with.....I remained with Laura until" talking about transporting her remains.

I thought the exact same thing. Not "the body" not "the evidence" but "Laura." He said alot just by saying her name.

I wonder if they have an iPad app. It says it's not configured for me to watch it on my iPad. Very frustrated with this. I finally have some time to watch and it is quickly passing me by. By the way I'm in BC watching this trial. I watched Jason Youngs second and Ravens still fuming about that one. We are the proud NOT owners of Robert Willy Pickton, the Pig Farmer Killer

Hi,I'm watching from BC also,small world.I tried on my IPad too,couldn't watch on that ,luckily I have a laptop too,so I'm using that.Don't know how this guy thinks he's going to get off,both of them are evil.Sad legacy for the kids to have to grow up with,I feel bad for them.

I thought the exact same thing. Not "the body" not "the evidence" but "Laura." He said alot just by saying her name.

I agree -- this Texas Detective is great -- experienced, likeable, thorough, testifies fully and clearly and seems very dedicated.

If you are own WRAL's mobile app, click on the icon in the far left corner & scroll down to "go to full site". When court is in session there will be a box at the top of the screen on the full site that says "watch grant Hayes trial live" you can click on that & watch it on your iPad

It breaks my heart the courtroom is so empty :(

wioknm.png

Don't despair Anonymous. That courtroom is packed with a legion of angels on behalf of Laura.

I believe AH & GH thought no one would ever trace them to this area so they were not worried about concealing evidence, ie glove packaging, acid boxes, Home Depot video, etc. Thank heavens they were so over confident!

I totally agree.
And thank goodness they were not smart enough to buy a disposable cell phone.

Here we go again, with the defense team's obsession with Karen Berry. Boy, they want her statements badly! I think their whole defense rides on her implicating Amanda.

Hi,I'm watching from BC also,small world.I tried on my IPad too,couldn't watch on that ,luckily I have a laptop too,so I'm using that.Don't know how this guy thinks he's going to get off,both of them are evil.Sad legacy for the kids to have to grow up with,I feel bad for them.

Im in Kelowna where are you at. Wanta have a watching party?

Im in Kelowna where are you at. Wanta have a watching party?

I'm in eastern North Carolina and have friends in BC, have visited them several times. Lovely area, and the parts that are still in the 'wild' seem like going back in time 300 years--before humans, industry, pollution. Gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5Ws2Resolve