GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly hope that faith has been restored for folks who think every case is going to end just like that case in FL. That was an anomaly and it's important to approach every case understanding each one is different. Different judge, different jury, different facts, different ADAs, different defendant, different crime. It's time to put away the PTSD once and for all. Make a resolution to never again use disappointment from a case in 2011 to color any future case followed.

Chrisman is still deliberating?
Didn't they go in a couple days before this trial wrapped up?
(Not been really following that one).

Also, what trial is up next for most of you?
Would like to join in again, just not sure if anything is ready to kick off.

PS- *SIGH* CNN reporting multiple deaths in DC Navy Yard situation. I am so tired of the mass shootings
and the ease with which these obviously unhinged people can pull them off.

I was ready for Arias to finally get done and call her cooked. I am interested in the stiletto woman's trial. I wonder if the State will say removing the shoe to bash in his brains was premeditated... it took her a couple of moments to take her shoe off after all.

I'm not sure what other trials are up to be televised. I'm hooked...

I don't want to get too far ahead while we're still celebrating this victory, but we already know Amanda's "alibi" is gonna be I was in the other room watching the kids. Her whole defense is gonna be I had to watch the kids, and I had a baby so that's my excuse. Plus you know her defense is gonna pound it into that jury that one man has already been convicted of the crime.

So nervous for that trial.....

I feel you, aa. But don't be too nervous.

AH should also realize that although there was no direct evidence that pointed to GH being the one who killed Laura, he still got first degree murder. They did go halfway across the country to AH sister's home to dispose of Laura's remains. There were 2 masks & 3 pairs of gloves (iirc)---one set being the typical yellow kitchen type, but the other 2 pairs of gloves were matchy matchy. Just like the masks.

If I was AH, I'd be scurred.

Would there be a purpose to her taking a deal at this point? What I mean is, she has nothing to offer the state since GH's trial is over. So there probably is no deal she could make, correct? She's out on her own with this one.

I also hate it for AH's daughter, Sha. She seemed so hurt & disgusted while on the stand.

I don't want to get too far ahead while we're still celebrating this victory, but we already know Amanda's "alibi" is gonna be I was in the other room watching the kids. Her whole defense is gonna be I had to watch the kids, and I had a baby so that's my excuse. Plus you know her defense is gonna pound it into that jury that one man has already been convicted of the crime.

So nervous for that trial.....

Don't forget the 'and I was infeared for my life and that is why I got rid of the Muriatic acid your honor, I was shaking with fear when that 'happy' photo was snapped of me, my murderous hubby and the three kids'.

I certainly hope that faith has been restored for folks who think every case is going to end just like that case in FL. That was an anomaly and it's important to approach every case understanding each one is different. Different judge, different jury, different facts, different ADAs, different defendant, different crime. It's time to put away the PTSD once and for all. Make a resolution to never again use disappointment from a case in 2011 to color any future case followed.

It took me this long NOT to include the original trial that made me question the Justice system. OJ. :banghead: It'll probably take some more time before CA fades enough to not be such a shock for me. I still can picture that beautiful little girl.

I predict AH will get first degree murder too. Her time is coming. She participated so she's guilty of acting in concert. Slam dunk!

I feel you, aa. But don't be too nervous.

AH should also realize that although there was no direct evidence that pointed to GH being the one who killed Laura, he still got first degree murder. They did go halfway across the country to AH sister's home to dispose of Laura's remains. There were 2 masks & 3 pairs of gloves (iirc)---one set being the typical yellow kitchen type, but the other 2 pairs of gloves were matchy matchy. Just like the masks.

If I was AH, I'd be scurred.

Would there be a purpose to her taking a deal at this point? What I mean is, she has nothing to offer the state since GH's trial is over. So there probably is no deal she could make, correct? She's out on her own with this one.

I also hate it for AH's daughter, Sha. She seemed so hurt & disgusted while on the stand.

Not to mention, the defense tried to use AH's statement about how she "hurt her bad" in order to get GH off... so that will come into play. Her goose is cooked.

Also can't wait to get the same verdict for Raven what's his name Abaroa. Smug and slimy

Oh, and I'm interested in the newlywed murder. She wanted a wedding but not a husband so she accidently, on purpose, pushed him with both hands face first off a cliff to his death.

But that one is in Fed Court and I don't know if they allow cameras?

I can tell you one case I would be very interested in but I doubt the police will press any charges, investigation will be closed....out in California....

I'm so glad they found him guilty, but one thing keeps nagging me. The charges for murder, I get that, he got LWOP... but what about what he did AFTER the murder? The defense kept saying "this is only about the actual murder, pay no attention to the post-murder details blah blah blah"... well, to me that is more heinous than the murder itself. I just wish they could have been charged with other charges. I'd like to see him do 3 life sentences if he can't get the DP. I don't know, I just think 1 life sentence isn't enough for this .

I'm so glad they found him guilty, but one thing keeps nagging me. The charges for murder, I get that, he got LWOP... but what about what he did AFTER the murder? The defense kept saying "this is only about the actual murder, pay no attention to the post-murder details blah blah blah"... well, to me that is more heinous than the murder itself. I just wish they could have been charged with other charges. I'd like to see him do 3 life sentences if he can't get the DP. I don't know, I just think 1 life sentence isn't enough for this .

yes, but don't worry, he's never getting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holliryann