GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had tests this morning and listened to judge release them back to deliberate, then I left. I could not believe how quickly they came back! * missed it all of course * But omg; I'm so grateful to this jury and so grateful that for Laura's family and her children that partially we saw justice done today. He will never get out. I hope it wiped his smile right off his face.

That's what I meant, sorry. Alcoholics Anonymous.

No need to be sorry!
I thought it might be some local WA group/club, just was curious.
Thanks.

I have never heard of this case, of course I am watching the stream right now, clicked it to check it out and they are rolling along. Nicoles sister is on the stand as far as I can tell.
The courtroom looks like a classroom, kind of odd.

I'm so glad they found him guilty, but one thing keeps nagging me. The charges for murder, I get that, he got LWOP... but what about what he did AFTER the murder? The defense kept saying "this is only about the actual murder, pay no attention to the post-murder details blah blah blah"... well, to me that is more heinous than the murder itself. I just wish they could have been charged with other charges. I'd like to see him do 3 life sentences if he can't get the DP. I don't know, I just think 1 life sentence isn't enough for this .

If GH had been found NG of murder, they would have pursued charges related to the body. IMO, it was strategic on their part to exclude that from being combined with the murder charge for this trial.

I am definitely following that trial. Seems Nicole was working hard on her recovery and that makes her special in my icy heart.

I will for sure catch up with you all around WS, and we will all be here in january to sing nananana nananana hey hey goodbye to AH in January. IF she ever gets to trial.

You are an amazing crowd of good people :grouphug:

For AH case, is it gonna be the same prosecutors? Anyone know?

Pretty sure yes. They know the case facts inside and out. I think AH's trial is in January b/c Becky and/or Boz had other trials already scheduled between now and January.

If Sheila Eddy goes to trial, I definitely want to watch that (Skylar Neese).

I am definitely following that trial. Seems Nicole was working hard on her recovery and that makes her special in my icy heart.

I will for sure catch up with you all around WS, and we will all be here in january to sing nananana nananana hey hey goodbye to AH in January. IF she ever gets to trial.

I think they should definately make her go to trial...she deserves death penalty for what she conspired to do, IMO, she needs to definately be locked up in prison for eternity. But her case in not as clear-cut as GH and they will need to show that she was in on the whole plan from the get-go to make it 1st degree, pre-meditated, I believe they can do that but never know with different jury.

Will be interesting....

Oh, and I'm interested in the newlywed murder. She wanted a wedding but not a husband so she accidently, on purpose, pushed him with both hands face first off a cliff to his death.

But that one is in Fed Court and I don't know if they allow cameras?

Good question. That is a fascinating case too. Would love to know more. Do you remember the names involved?

Chrisman is still deliberating?
Didn't they go in a couple days before this trial wrapped up?
(Not been really following that one).

Also, what trial is up next for most of you?
Would like to join in again, just not sure if anything is ready to kick off.

PS- *SIGH* CNN reporting multiple deaths in DC Navy Yard situation. I am so tired of the mass shootings
and the ease with which these obviously unhinged people can pull them off.

I've started watching this case.

http://wildabouttrial.com/bessman-okafor-live-stream.html

So who knows how to set up a new thread for the trial?

The state is not going for the DP for AH either. I've posted this before but I guess peeps don't read. When there are kiddies involved, the state tends to not seek the DP. It's not absolute 100%, but if you look back at first degree murder cases where the state went for the DP and where they didn't you'll notice a pattern there.

No, very helpful folks told me it's schedule for January as of now.

January, 2014, is the month in which the re-trial should begin, as of the last date I've seen published.

Yet another one who didn't believe that it would be "cheaper to keep her," I say. Hmmmm -- alimony + child support vs. risking your freedom for the rest of your natural life. RA: "Never happen. I'm too smart for 'em. Dumb cops." Hmmmm. 11 - 1 probably shook him a bit after he found out the 1 juror was the only NG one in the bunch.
icon10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member