NC NC - Lumberton, WhtFem 15-20, UP1882, in cornfield near asphalt plant, Sz 6 sandals, clothes, Jun'78

Here are my favorite possibilities right now for her. I can’t find any glaring physical discrepancies although the DLC for most them is about a year before Jane Doe was discovered, and some would have had to travel a long distance to Lumberton.. Thoughts are welcome :)

Angela Ramsey 1977 FL The Doe Network: Case File 49DFFL

Eva Ridall 1977 FL 3586DFFL - Eva Marie Ridall

Teresa Cupps 1977 OK The Doe Network: Case File 1318DFOK

Simone Ridinger 1977 MA The Doe Network: Case File 1255DFMA

Mary Frances Gregory 1978 CA/NV 350DFON - Mary Frances Gregory

Julie Soracco 1977 CA
Julie Elizabeth Soracco – The Charley Project

Dolores Stanton 1976 FL
Delores Jean Stanton – The Charley Project
She is older than the others, but I can’t get over the similarity in her clothing and Jane Doe’s!

Elizabeth Ellen Palmer 1972 VA
3979DFVA - Elizabeth Ellen Palmer
She’s also older and went missing 6 years prior, but check out the photos of her teeth.
They all look like decent possibilities. Except for Elizabeth Palmer. According to a family member she has allegedly been alive and well all these years (awaiting official confirmation of that, so I suppose that’s hearsay for now).

I think Angela’s teeth are too overcrowded unless she had some extractions between when that photo was taken and her disappearance. Eva also has unique teeth that don’t seem to fit the UID. I’m not sure if you’d say they were “buck teeth”, but they’re unusual. I think she might also be a little too tall. I personally don’t see a resemblance to Teresa or Mary, although others do.

For me, the best possibilities would be Simone, Delores or Julie. Julie’s hair is a little darker than what I imagine, but her circumstances could fit and I think their facial features are very similar. Simone’s hair is how I picture our Doe’s, although she wore it very long when she disappeared and Doe’s is described as medium length. Of course she could have gotten it cut. There aren’t very detailed circumstances surrounding Delores’ disappearance, and there is quite a time gap and she’s at the older end of the age range. Also, it looks like she has a dimpled chin and I don’t see one on any of Doe’s recons, but I never know how or if that translates in this instance.

Like you said, there’s no real physical discrepancies that would rule any of them out.

Wow, I didn’t expect this long of a response. I intended to comment on the status of Elizabeth Palmer. :D But, there’s my 2 cents.

These two are pretty far fetched, but I figured I’d mention them as they came up when I broadened my search parameters. The circumstances surrounding both disappearances are vague and unclear and I thought there might be room for error somewhere on their reports. Plus they were both chronic runaways and weren’t officially reported missing for many years after they were last seen.

Linda’s DLC is listed as a day before this UID was discovered. But there’s no explanation for that date, so I thought it could be an approximation. Andria could have gone missing anywhere from 1978 to 1979, although I think sometime in ‘78 is the consensus. I see some resemblance of the UID to both girls, although not strikingly so. If anyone plans to make contact with someone on this case, feel free to submit either of these girls if you think it’s worth it!

Linda M. Adams – The Charley Project

WA - WA - Linda Adams, 15, Yakima, 1 June 1978 (apparently the 2 yearbook photos on CP are not of this MP)

upload_2020-12-27_16-35-4.jpegupload_2020-12-27_16-35-22.jpeg

Andria Ann Bailey – The Charley Project

WA - WA - Andria Ann Bailey, 16, Spanaway, 29 Oct 1979

upload_2020-12-27_16-38-10.jpegupload_2020-12-27_16-35-22.jpeg

Can you tell from the dental records?
I found this odd, but the dental record made no comment as to whether the teeth were straight or crooked. She definitely had fillings and there were definitely gaps behind her upper and lower eye teeth, as all 4 of the first premolars had been removed, which is apparently a standard serial extraction in orthodontics. I guess nothing else about them was noteworthy. :( I think it’s very possible she had the teeth removed to make space for overcrowding and never had braces.

@MadMcGoo Interesting about Elizabeth Palmer, I’m going to have to take another look at her thread. Assuming it’s really her that’s good news!

Honestly, I’m surprised Simone hasn’t been compared. I know she still has family looking for her, and there have been recent articles about her disappearance. I think it would be worth submitting her, but I didn’t want to bother anyone until I had a solid theory!

I see the resemblance to Linda Adams, even though she looks young in that picture. It says she wasn’t reported missing until 2004, so it’s definitely possible that the DLC is wrong.

@MadMcGoo Interesting about Elizabeth Palmer, I’m going to have to take another look at her thread. Assuming it’s really her that’s good news!

Honestly, I’m surprised Simone hasn’t been compared. I know she still has family looking for her, and there have been recent articles about her disappearance. I think it would be worth submitting her, but I didn’t want to bother anyone until I had a solid theory!

I see the resemblance to Linda Adams, even though she looks young in that picture. It says she wasn’t reported missing until 2004, so it’s definitely possible that the DLC is wrong.
Honestly, someone who had a better understanding of dental charting/records could possibly do a visual comparison on several of the girls; Linda, Simone, Andria. They all have decent pictures showing their front teeth. Without (and with really) actual photos of the UID’s teeth, I’m of no help in that department. The UID’s record seems relatively detailed though.

It's frustrating that the UID only has the chart and no photos or recons of her teeth, and we really only have photos of the missing girls. I submitted Jane Doe to the regional contact for Simone this morning, it can't hurt and it seems like investigators are relatively active in her case. Wish we had info about whether Julie, Linda, or Andria had teeth repaired and removed, which could rule them in/out. The more I look at the three of them, I notice they all have slightly elongated faces and high foreheads which matches the shape of Jane Doe's skull. The medical terminology means very little to me and I think Carl K's reconstruction gives us the best picture of her, but maybe something from the medical examination will stand out to someone else.
The somewhat dolichocephalic skull has a slightly elongated face. The facial profile is essentially vertical. The nasal aperture is narrow; the dental arches are relatively shallow. The supraorbital ridge area is smooth; the nasal angle is rounded. Although the occipital protuberance is relatively prominent, the mastoids and other features are delicate...X-rays of these areas reveal no abnormalities.

Lumberton Jane Doe and Simone Ridinger have been listed as exclusions for one another on NamUs. I think it has been a long time since any new exclusions were added for LJD, so I’m hopeful that we can make more progress in getting her name back. I will follow up here if I submit any more matches for her :)

I too have great interest in her case and have been looking for her name for a long time. Just going to keep on plugging, living on the hope and faith that one day the answer will come - an old newspaper article, DNA and new technology, the right person seeing information on her, something.

I'm sure this probably has been ruled out or is not a match, but has Teresa Gail Cupps been considered? She was last seen in Oklahoma City sometime in 1978. I see a slight resemblance facially.
Original
Original
Original

I'm sure this probably has been ruled out or is not a match, but has Teresa Gail Cupps been considered? She was last seen in Oklahoma City sometime in 1978. I see a slight resemblance facially.
She's not officially ruled out but it seems like her DNA is available in CODIS, which I believe makes her an automatic rule out.

She's not officially ruled out but it seems like her DNA is available in CODIS, which I believe makes her an automatic rule out.

Not necessarily. This is a common misconception about CODIS and NAMUS. A couple years ago a clarification was made that DNA is not always automatically compared. It also depends on what type of DNA they have available (mitochondrial vs. nuclear since the two cannot be compared to each other). It's always best practice to submit comparisons if they are not listed in the rule-outs list, even if they have DNA on file.

Original

She's definitely not ruled out, and I think it would be worth trying to get a comparison done. I reached out to the regional contact for LJD when I suggested her comparison to Simone and didn't hear back, but I could try again with Teresa. I've posted some other matches in this thread that I think are probably better fits if you want to check those out :)

Here you go The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

MP19667 Patricia Action 05/26/1978 Pinellas FL
MP1783 Tammy Akers 02/07/1977 Roanoke VA
MP5852 Amy Billig 03/05/1974 Miami-Dade FL
MP5556 Eva Debruhl 06/29/1977 York SC
MP4524 Trenny Gibson 10/08/1976 Swain NC
MP1836 Sheila Lyon 03/25/1975 Montgomery MD
MP1837 Katherine Lyon 03/25/1975 Montgomery MD
MP7266 Judy Martins 05/24/1978 Portage OH
MP6400 Deborah Meyer 08/04/1974 Carbon WY
MP47 Audrey Nerenberg 07/15/1977 New York NY
MP1469 Deborah Quimby 05/03/1977 Middlesex MA
MP1782 Angela Rader 02/08/1977 Roanoke VA
MP2779 Simone Ridinger 09/02/1977 Middlesex MA
MP33028 Doris Tetreault 06/01/1978 Worcester MA

I have followed her case for awhile now. So much is not known about her, but what I do believe is known is she cared about her appearance. Regardless of where her clothes came from, it was important to her that they were coordinated (shirt/shoes). Sometime/somewhere in her life there were parties who cared about her dental health. With the PMI of 2-4 weeks, I note the "major" holidays during this time frame to be Mother's Day and Memorial Day weekend. I am hopeful (and fairly certain) the avenues of genetic genealogy are being used to help identify her.

Speculating entirely here: Her location (though it varies in different articles I have seen) would suggest to me that this was "where can I/we leave her closest to the exit off of I-95" travelling most likely from a South-North direction, and only 20 miles across the border of SC.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renovationsnet
Back