NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd that different outlets are reporting some different info.

QC News has this:

Unsealed records reveal theory on Madalina Cojocari disappearance

In another recorded jail call between Palmiter, his brother, and his sister-in-law, search warrants state that Palmiter mentions Diana had ‘a lot of cash with her’ and he did not know where it came from. In the recorded call, Palmiter said there is ‘financial stuff’ coming up and his brother tells him not to worry about the financial stuff.

More information

Newly unsealed search warrants in the case of Madalina Cojocari reveal that the missing Cornelius girl likely was spotted in surveillance photos Dec. 16 in Sugar Mountain.

The recently-uncovered surveillance photos of a child and man “were physically consistent” with the missing girl and her only known blood relative, Octavian Cebanu, in the United States.

Documents revealed a recorded phone call from Palmiter to his brother and sister-in-law, where he said Diana “had a lot of cash with her.” During the same call, Palmiter said “financial stuff” was coming up, which his brother told him “not to worry about.”
...Diana was seen getting an oil change at a shop in Hickory, but the attendant servicing her vehicle did not report seeing the girl.
...Facebook message from Palmiter to Mary Palmiter McCreary said “we are in some kind of investigation, Madi is missing and the local police have taken all our electronics, luckily I have an old phone, although they did not take my person computer, prob cause they overlooked it, Diana is using it now to call her parents.”

Warrants: Madalina Cojocari’s mother theorized she was sold for cash

By Hunter Sáenz, wsoctv.com, Jessica Allen, wsoctv.com and Andrew McMillan, wsoctv.com
July 18, 2023 at 12:12 pm EDT
CHARLOTTE — New warrants obtained by Channel 9 in connection with the disappearance of Madalina Cojocari say her mother thinks she may have been sold for cash.

On Tuesday, Channel 9 obtained copies of nearly two dozen warrants that give more insight into the investigation into Cojocari’s disappearance.

9 FOCUS STORIES: Find Madalina
It’s been nearly eight months since Cojocari, 12, was last seen walking off a school bus on Nov. 21, 2022. Her mother, Diana Cojocari, last saw her at their Cornelius home on Nov. 23, but didn’t report her missing until Dec. 15. Since then, her mother and stepfather, Christopher Palmiter, have been charged with failure to report the disappearance of a child.

Authorities had previously released a limited number of redacted search warrants in the case. Those documents revealed that investigators had seized several phones and had searched Cojocari’s home looking for any evidence of violence.

New warrants obtained Tuesday show that more items were seized, a confidential informant was used in jail, and the girl’s mother hinted at a possible motive for her disappearance.

<modsnip - snipped to comply with copyright law - more at the link>

Last edited by a moderator:
This case just keeps getting crazier and crazier.
Edited to reflect more information released.

I really don’t get it; mother asks a relative to take Madalina and keep her safe but now says she thinks CP sold her? Which is it?

What was the plan? Could she have been aware that her calls are monitored and threw a red herring into the case? IOW maybe Madalina is safe with the relative.

Or a darker scenario may be in play but heck if I can figure it out. JMO

Last edited:
maybe it's how I'm reading this but this below makes no sense to me???

CORNELIUS, N.C. — Newly unsealed search warrants in the case of missing Cornelius girl Madalina Cojocari reveal that on Dec. 16, 2022 surveillance photos of a child and man in Sugar Mountain "were physically consistent" with the missing girl and her only known blood relative in the United States.

Surveillance photo of girl in NC mountains was 'physically consistent' with Madalina Cojocari, warrants show

I thought Madalina's only blood relative in the US was her mother? If I remember right, mom travelled to Madison county after last seen and before reported missing, while step dad travelled somewhere to visit his mother. Does anyone recall exactly where stepdad travelled? I don't think either mom OR stepdad were seen in Sugar Mountain area so who the heck is this male blood relation they are referring to in December??

CORNELIUS, N.C. — Newly unsealed search warrants in the case of missing Cornelius girl Madalina Cojocari reveal that on Dec. 16, 2022 surveillance photos of a child and man in Sugar Mountain "were physically consistent" with the missing girl and her only known blood relative in the United States.

Surveillance photo of girl in NC mountains was 'physically consistent' with Madalina Cojocari, warrants show

I thought Madalina's only blood relative in the US was her mother? If I remember right, mom travelled to Madison county after last seen and before reported missing, while step dad travelled somewhere to visit his mother. Does anyone recall exactly where stepdad travelled? I don't think either mom OR stepdad were seen in Sugar Mountain area so who the heck is this male blood relation they are referring to in December??

"The recently-uncovered surveillance photos of a child and man 'were physically consistent' with the missing girl and her only known blood relative, Octavian Cebanu, in the United States."

This is a new piece of info for me!

CP had traveled to Michigan.

25 email addresses?????

Only relative in the US? I wonder if this relativ r ever stayed with them. Some guests sleep on couches.... were we burning DNA so the couch couldn't link to a name?

I feel like I'm reading True Crime & Espionage...

Was one parent plotting one thing (selling A CHILD) and the other was trying to subvert that? Double crossing...was one limited by means, control and had to get Madalina out of there or was no one/neither looking out for her?

If Madalina is alive, in the company of family, here or abroad, ends don't justify means, but it'd be an extraordinary outcome if the other choice was the horror of sex trsfficking/trade.

My bias is probably showing but I think a picture is emerging.

If your baby was a pawn in someone else's financial affairs and you were nearly utterly unresourced to stop it, while fully distrustong of the US govt, how far might you go to protect your child, at all cost?

I'd go to jail, if it meant my child had safe passage.

JMO

I hope releasing those documents doesn't place Madalina in more danger.

There is great hope she's alive.

Jmo
IMO at this point if Madalina is still alive it’s hard to imagine her in more danger. She’s either with a relative, trafficked by her stepfather or dead. Her Moldovan and Romanian passports were left in the car searched by LE so it’s unlikely she’s with extended family in Europe.

The burning of the couch cushions shortly before Madalina disappeared continues to bother me. Certainly there could be innocent reasons for doing so but to me it’s very odd that the parents would make a stinky, smoke-spewing fire in their upscale neighborhood when they could have easily just thrown them in the trash.

IMO a top reason to burn them is to destroy evidence, possibly DNA evidence like blood or semen. Either one suggests a crime was committed. Either one could indicate two very different scenarios.

DC and CP seem to be more concerned with money than Madalina.

"The recently-uncovered surveillance photos of a child and man 'were physically consistent' with the missing girl and her only known blood relative, Octavian Cebanu, in the United States."

Thank you. Uggh so this male in video at Sugar Mountain physically resembles OC, who is the relative that mom allegedly contacted by phone about "smuggling" Madi away and who then proceeded to make a bunch of phone calls to others involved in drugs/trafficking and subject to wire tapping (T3).

See, I don't believe mom smuggled Madi away for her safety. I don't buy it. That leaves me worrying that mom and CP were involved in drugs/trafficking themselves and that Madi was placed elsewhere as some sort of leverage against one or both of them. Either that or they have killed her and constructed some elaborate he/said she/said plan to incriminate one another leaving them both to get off.

Hate this case

Octavian Cebanu from what I can find lives in FL. OC did stay at their house for a few months. Chris Palmiter said he went to MI. He has family and is from MI. Diana was seen on Dec 4-5 in the Madison co. area. Madalina was seen in Sugar Mtn. on Dec16. So she had to be somewhere when LE came to the house on Dec 15. Maybe OC did smuggle her out like Diana asked.

Can anyone suggest a list of reasonable, legal reasons to have 25 different email addresses?
if it's anything like some of my Facebook friends, it is because nobody ever chooses a password they can remember or that they write down for future reference. Or they keep getting new phones and cannot recall how to log into their emails and so, create another.

MORE likely IMO it is as you imply with your question: that the couple were up to no good and the excessive email accounts had to do with illegal activities.

25 email addresses?????

Only relative in the US? I wonder if this relativ r ever stayed with them. Some guests sleep on couches.... were we burning DNA so the couch couldn't link to a name?

I feel like I'm reading True Crime & Espionage...

Was one parent plotting one thing (selling A CHILD) and the other was trying to subvert that? Double crossing...was one limited by means, control and had to get Madalina out of there or was no one/neither looking out for her?

If Madalina is alive, in the company of family, here or abroad, ends don't justify means, but it'd be an extraordinary outcome if the other choice was the horror of sex trsfficking/trade.

My bias is probably showing but I think a picture is emerging.

If your baby was a pawn in someone else's financial affairs and you were nearly utterly unresourced to stop it, while fully distrustong of the US govt, how far might you go to protect your child, at all cost?

I'd go to jail, if it meant my child had safe passage.

JMO
When they released the names of the Only relative in the US, it was a male from FL. I think they were close because his name was also on the xmas stocking in the photo found on Diana's FB page. He is also the one she called about smuggling her and Madalina away. Which was how his name was released originally.

Can anyone suggest a list of reasonable, legal reasons to have 25 different email addresses?
Related to a side hustle, to generate income, in a coercive control situation?

I don't really believe this but..... what if she was squirreling money away so she and Madalina could escape, hiding money in couch cushions, which once removed left notable deficits so she burned the couch. Garbage pickup might've been a delay she couldn't wait for....

I think the women WERE in danger, grave danger.

I'm parking myself here. I think Madalina's mother believes her silence is Madalina's best chance to live.

But then I've watched every season of Ozarks...

JMO

if it's anything like some of my Facebook friends, it is because nobody ever chooses a password they can remember or that they write down for future reference. Or they keep getting new phones and cannot recall how to log into their emails and so, create another.

MORE likely IMO it is as you imply with your question: that the couple were up to no good and the excessive email accounts had to do with illegal activities.
I was actually hoping to talk myself out of assuming it was for nefarious reasons, by learning there are legit reasons.
I can't think of a legit reason to have 25 email addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iz2013