NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #3

Yikes, just did some searching around about human trafficking and wonder if it really could be involved here. I always think of it connected with teen runaways or in third world countries, certainly not families in nice suburbs selling off their own children.

But apparently human trafficking is the second most lucrative crime, after drug trafficking (that's total human trafficking, whether for sex or forced labor).

Charlotte (which the Cojocaris lived in a suburb of) is the number one human trafficking spot in North Carolina, and North Carolina is in the top ten states in the US for it, partly because of its large areas that aren't well populated, like the mountains and forests. And I read that the average age for girls/women to be sex trafficked is twelve years old, unbelievably.

It makes me think again about the allegations CP and DC both (if I recall correctly) made against each other about selling Madalina. And then DC did make calls to a relative about having Madalina smuggled away, on a phone that was being tapped by LE because the person she called was involved in trafficking, drugs or people (though I hear the two often go together).

Oh, one of the signs of it was locks in interior places in the home that wouldn't normally have locks, which made me remember that strange wall or whatever it was, that was the subject of much speculation early on.

Things that were listed that make people susceptible to being trafficked might also go for their children, I guess. There have been a couple of things about DC and drugs, and of course drug addiction is one risk factor. Apparently the drug dog reacted to her car, and then there was the incident where she was found with drugs in jail.

Also being a foreigner, not speaking the language well, not having a support system or money of ones own. Then one wonders about DC herself, coming over here from a poor country and marrying some guy twenty years her senior, who she feared, if we are to believe her statements.

So, while CP and DC's finger pointing about which one of them sold Madalina sounded absolutely ludicrous, it is actually possible that it's true, I think. MOO

Last edited:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (QUEEN CITY NEWS) — The mother of missing Cornelius girl Madalina Cojocari had her bond decreased last week, according to court documents.

Diana Cojocari’s bond was reduced from $250,000 to $100,000 Oct. 24 in the Mecklenburg County Courthouse.

Court documents showed the next court date was originally set for Diana Cojocari, but it has been removed from online records.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (QUEEN CITY NEWS) — The mother of missing Cornelius girl Madalina Cojocari had her bond decreased last week, according to court documents.

Diana Cojocari’s bond was reduced from $250,000 to $100,000 Oct. 24 in the Mecklenburg County Courthouse.

Court documents showed the next court date was originally set for Diana Cojocari, but it has been removed from online records.
Whoa. This doesn't look good. But then, I don't know how to interpret it in "legalese."

I think it's typical that bond gets lowered as time goes on but I'm not even sure on that.

And the court date being deleted too, hmm...

I sure hope it doesn't mean LE couldn't come up with much evidence and chances of justice for Madalina have diminished.

Does anyone know if this is more likely just routine stuff (regardless of how it may look to me/us) or if it's likely to carry more meaning than that?

Last edited:
IMO Madalina's mother cared about "appearances," liked to buy nice things, was capable in some ways, and took photos to show it.
Yes, I think you are right. A parent could put on great "appearances" but still be a horror in private. I guess I just find it so jarring to see in such stark contrast, the highly doted on child pics next to the mug shots for such serious wrongdoing against that child. o_O

Last edited:
CORNELIUS, N.C. — The bond for the mother of Madalina Cojocari has been set at $250,000 after it was lowered in late October, records show.

On Thursday morning, records showed Diana Cojocari’s bond was reduced from $250,000 to $100,000 on Oct. 24. By the afternoon, records showed her bond had been adjusted again to the original amount.

Diana remains in jail awaiting trial.

According to Shelley Lynch, spokesperson for the FBI's Charlotte division, there is no way to tell how long the remains had been in the woods.
Lynch said she could not give a timeline on the FBI releasing an ID for the remains, as there are many factors that go into the process.

No additional information will be released until the remains are positively identified.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My comment: Pisgah National Forest is about a two-hour drive north/northwest from Cornelius.

Last edited:
The FBI is leading an investigation after human remains were discovered by hunters in Pisgah National Forest on Oct. 28, according to a news release from the U.S. Department of Justice.

The hunters alerted the Madison County Sheriff's Office, which contacted the FBI. Agents and officers helped recover the human remains from "a remote wooded area off Stackhouse Road in Marshall, North Carolina," which will now be sent to the FBI lab in Quantico, Virginia, the Oct. 30 release said.

Anyone recall why that Stackhouse Road location sound so familiar?
The below information was in one of the first articles published by ABC11 when the remains were found. Article dated Oct. 30th at 1:26pm, linked below.

Stackhouse Road is not far from Lonesome Mountain Road, which is a spot deputies previously saw Diana Cojocari, the mother of missing 11-year-old Madalina Cojocari.

The below information was in one of the first articles published by ABC11 when the remains were found. Article dated Oct. 30th at 1:26pm, linked below.

Stackhouse Road is not far from Lonesome Mountain Road, which is a spot deputies previously saw Diana Cojocari, the mother of missing 11-year-old Madalina Cojocari.

The linked article says the remains point to them being an older man.

According to Shelley Lynch, spokesperson for the FBI's Charlotte division, there is no way to tell how long the remains had been in the woods.
Lynch said she could not give a timeline on the FBI releasing an ID for the remains, as there are many factors that go into the process.

No additional information will be released until the remains are positively identified.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My comment: Pisgah National Forest is about a two-hour drive north/northwest from Cornelius.
I would love to know if the mother was told about the finding of a body and if she was told, how did she act.

The linked article says the remains point to them being an older man.

Thought it would be good to highlight this point. Guess I wonder, why there is so much speculation regarding Madalina, when they make this statement:

ABC affiliate WSOC reached out to Cornelius Police Department, which is the agency leading the search for Madalina, to see if there was any connection. A spokesperson for the police department said that while the newly uncovered remains had not yet been identified, early indications pointed to them belonging to an older man.

Thought it would be good to highlight this point. Guess I wonder, why there is so much speculation regarding Madalina, when they make this statement:

ABC affiliate WSOC reached out to Cornelius Police Department, which is the agency leading the search for Madalina, to see if there was any connection. A spokesperson for the police department said that while the newly uncovered remains had not yet been identified, early indications pointed to them belonging to an older man.

Thanks for the info, will bring it to the UID thread,

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018
Back