Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of us can really say what we would or wouldn't do in this situation unless we have been there. Thank goodness my children are grown and I never had to go through anything overly devastating. My heart aches for any parent going through this...unless in fact it's found that they caused/knew of harm coming to their child and failed to prevent it.

Two of my children disappeared a few years ago. They were 4 and 6, and went on an adventure. It looked like a crime scene in my house, it was obvious someone had entered our home. (It turned out to be them, briefly changing their mind before heading out again)

It was the most horrifying 20 minutes of my life. I believed they'd been taken and I would likely never see them again. I spoke to 911 in past tense. "They were wearing jeans... They were my whole life." I questioned my own story out loud, "This doesn't make sense." And "That's impossible." I remember thinking "as soon as someone hears this, they'll think i killed them. I'm going to prison." Because I've lurked here for over 7 years, and I know thats something people look for... but in the moment, i was far too hysterical to censor myself.

I am a realist and try to face problems for what they are, not what i wish they were. I don't see myself being the kind of person holding out hope for 20+ years after a kid goes missing. That's not a criticism of anyone who would. We're all wired differently, and people do come back sometimes.

Alsp FWIW my 3 year old faceplanted into the concrete today and her face is a disaster. Goose egg, black eye, scrapes.. she's a mess. Poor thing.

I think the abduction story is least likely, but it has nothing to do with tenses or a black eye. Obsessed with this case and praying for the people who truly loved Mariah.

Ugh, I was stating my opinion on another post.

Others had as well. As was I. I was expressing my sadness that this conversation had swayed so far away from finding Mariah to a debate about whether or not some WS posters would or would not apply make-up in this situation, when we do not know what the situation is at this point, nor have all of us experienced...

forget it. I hope this baby is found safe, And if not, I hope there is justice.

I would like to think so, but I have to wonder if that would be legal to go straight to the (minor) children and question them without the parent's permission or in the presence. I could see IF the parent was a suspect or even officially under suspicion, but not without some "cause". Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I agree with that idea as it could very well lead to the truth, I just feel like there are likely laws against it.

Sometimes it takes interviewing the children in the home in order to acquire information about the possibility of the parent's involvement in the disappearance of a sibling.JMO

Others had as well. As was I. I was expressing my sadness that this conversation had swayed so far away from finding Mariah to a debate about whether or not some WS posters would or would not apply make-up in this situation, when we do not know what the situation is at this point, nor have all of us experienced...

It's something someone picked up on that didn't seem right to them. <modsnip>

Jmo, sorry but there is no way this has a happy ending. Just one more horrible case of what happens to too many children. Jmo

Did they say where she was sleeping? Does she have her own bedroom? I'm sorry if I missed this bit. I know with Shaylynn, she was in the living room and no one heard anything (they were in a house). With this case, if she were in a bedroom, typically mobile homes bedrooms are very close together and the living room and kitchen are on the other side of the trailer. That is another reason I cannot understand no one hearing anything. How many bedrooms did the mobile home have? I don't think I've ever seen one with more than 2 or 3. I will admit I am not terribly familiar with mobile homes though.

I agree. I have 5 kids 3-17, bumps and thumps are common sounds and kids are in and out all day long. I always see so many of these responses and think what a weirdo I must be. I am completely stoic when something awful happens until I am alone and completely breakdown. I’m not justifying anything but giving a personal experience that seems a lot different than many posters so that they can maybe look at it from a different perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two of my children disappeared a few years ago. They were 4 and 6, and went on an adventure. It looked like a crime scene in my house, it was obvious someone had entered our home. (It turned out to be them, briefly changing their mind before heading out again)
It was the most horrifying 20 minutes of my life. I believed they'd been taken and I would likely never see them again. I spoke to 911 in past tense. "They were wearing jeans... They were my whole life." I questioned my own story out loud, "This doesn't make sense." And "That's impossible." I remember thinking "as soon as someone hears this, they'll think i killed them. I'm going to prison." Because I've lurked here for over 7 years, and I know thats something people look for... but in the moment, i was far too hysterical to censor myself.

I am a realist and try to face problems for what they are, not what i wish they were. I don't see myself being the kind of person holding out hope for 20+ years after a kid goes missing. That's not a criticism of anyone who would. We're all wired differently, and people do come back sometimes.

Alsp FWIW my 3 year old faceplanted into the concrete today and her face is a disaster. Goose egg, black eye, scrapes.. she's a mess. Poor thing.

I think the abduction story is least likely, but it has nothing to do with tenses or a black eye. Obsessed with this case and praying for the people who truly loved Mariah.

Glad it turned out alright.

:daisy:

Kemushi82

:welcome:

We are happy you are here, congratulations on your first post!

:up: :up:

Praying that little Mariah is found safe.

Thoughts and prayers for family and friends who truly love this precious child.

I am thankful that the law enforcement is working tirelessly on this case.

Please let this one have a good ending. The world needs more good endings.

i am sorry you had such a stressful event but glad it ended ok. I had an incident where I woke up and my developmentally delayed daughter with autism had gotten out and wandered off on what she thought was an adventure. When the police asked where she lived she said north. He hadn&#8217;t a clue he picked her up next door to home and she was heading to the north mountain to see Olaf.

I missed the presser while I was gone, I fully expected them to announce she'd been found deceased, so I guess that not being the case is at least a tiny glimmer of hope.

They asked if anyone had seen Mariah on Sunday, does that mean they have confirmation of Mariah being seen on Saturday?

Just catching up on this poor little girl missing a few hours away from me. Does anyone have the link to the mom's presser?

Sick. Of. This.

I had a potential client call me the other day. She needed assistance because she was selling her home and moving with her little girl to a different county, away from daddy- who has the child half of the time and is a "good father" - and in with her fiancé. How long has she known the man? SIX MONTHS.

Disgusting what some women will do or risk for a man. Selling her home. Uprooting her child. Separating father and daughter. For a man she barely knows.

When are women going to stop it? Stop moving in men with your young children. Stop allowing your new man to "babysit" or "discipline" your kids. Stop putting your need for a man ahead of the needs of your children!

Of course single parents deserve to have a life and romance. But my gosh, the two can be kept separate. At least for a few years while you get to know them super, super well.

I don't know what happened here or whether anyone in the house is connected with this little doll's disappearance. Nothing has been released yet except the request for info that the baby was seen Sunday.

But after so many cases involving the "new man", I'm jaded and (perhaps prematurely) pissed.

i am sorry you had such a stressful event but glad it ended ok. I had an incident where I woke up and my developmentally delayed daughter with autism had gotten out and wandered off on what she thought was an adventure. When the police asked where she lived she said north. He hadn&#8217;t a clue he picked her up next door to home and she was heading to the north mountain to see Olaf.

I thought I had lost my daughter after her overnight annual sleepover birthday allnighter. My neighbor kept coming outside asking if she was asleep somewhere in the house since her kids zonked out after returning to their home. Well that house had a huge living room and there was blankets and pillows scaered all over the place. I ran through them kicking them and screaming her name, nothing. I called 911 then shortly this mom whose daughter was also at this party heard my call on the scanner and volunteered to help search. I cannot express the terror that ran through my body. I have never been so terrified in my life. She was given a guinea pig that year for her birthday. That should have clued me in, the piggers was also missing. So, here comes that mom and the police at the same time and I let out one more loud scream " Adrienne"!!!!........ and out of the corner of my eye she rose all sweaty and with that pig in her hand, it too was wet. What a horrific 40 minutes I suffered and then what relief. I did kick the covers several times I guess I just missed the one she was under. Looking back it is funny now but then I nearly had a heart attack. I can only imagine what this mother is feeling. I hope the child is okay but as we know from following these cases, unless a miracle happens the outcome may not be good. I will say a prayer for little Mariah.

Lots of speculation regarding the logic of Mariah getting abducted in the middle of the night in a trailer home.

One case does come to mind where this happened. Diana Alvarez was abducted from a mobile home / trailer park by a family friend who had previously stayed with the family.

I have no idea whether or not the parents are involved. I have no opinion on this, just want baby Mariah home safe.

They are asking to speak to anyone that has talked to the parents since Sunday - they want anyone who has communicated with them since Sunday to contact Law Enforcement. Hmm.

VERY interesting! :thinking:

Perhaps there were others in the home the night she was last seen, and those persons may not be contacting LE, and LE is wanting them to come forward?

They said anyone in 'communication' with the family iirc. That could be via phone, but that wouldn't verify Mariah was home at the time so it seems they want everyone to come forward that may have been in their home or physically saw them and Mariah.

JMO

Found this link from the first reports of her missing. http://video.foxnews.com/v/5661138116001/

Wanted to add the live in boyfriend mentioned he last saw Mariah at midnight. In the presser today wasn't LE asked about a car being seen at midnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SquirrelChaser