GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The videos of JR shopping alone during the time he was supposed to be with Teghan only makes it clear IMO that the grandparents had multiple opportunities to investigate what was going on in that shed while he was off the property.

Grandma KNEW Teghan was in the shed. She KNEW her grandson was, at the very least, not allowing Teghan to go to the door. She KNEW he yelled and cussed at her. She HEARD Teghan whimper when JR yelled at her. She KNEW there were no bathroom facilities in the shed, no running water, and she KNEW someone had pooped near the door. And I would bet just about anything that she knew more than she is admitting. You can't tell me that JR didn't come into the house in 10 days to use the bathroom, shower, eat something. I would love to be privy to the conversations that went on between them. Did she not ask any questions? Did she not wonder where Teghan was showering? Eating? Going to the bathroom? Come on!

And now, we know that she had multiple opportunities to investigate the situation. The excuse that she was scared of her grandson sort of loses its merit, when the grandson is not even on the property.

That was HER shed. Who would let a padlock stop them from entering their own shed, on their own property, when they had even the slightest hint that a child might be suffering inside? Who?

Prosecute this woman. Make an example of her. Plaster it everywhere that this is what happens to you when you ignore child abuse. Use her. I don't give a damn if the sheriff thinks she's awesome. She broke NC law and a child died a horrible death. Grandma could have stopped it. She could have saved Teghan.

I have been so heartsick over this case. That this poor child suffered so much when her paternal grandparents wanted her. I was especially sickened by the apologists for the defendant's grandparents about what wonderful people they were in the comments on WRAL last week.

I wish Mom would get a death penalty case as well (or at least LWOP) and that Grandma should go to prison as well. What kind of monster who is afraid of their grandchild not to let them in the home is okay with them having a tiny child in their care and never checks.

I hope that Grandma saw how badly Teghan was injured and that that image stays with her forever. (After all we don't know why he really took her to the hospital? If he didn't think she was too injured before that moment what sparked that final revelation? I've wondered if Grandma or Grandpa saw her and told him he had to take her in...)

Realistically, I hope that Mom gets quite a few more charges and that she loses and doesn't regain custody of her current baby and that Grandma gets charged with something even if it won't stick.

I have been so heartsick over this case. That this poor child suffered so much when her paternal grandparents wanted her. I was especially sickened by the apologists for the defendant's grandparents about what wonderful people they were in the comments on WRAL last week.

I wish Mom would get a death penalty case as well (or at least LWOP) and that Grandma should go to prison as well. What kind of monster who is afraid of their grandchild not to let them in the home is okay with them having a tiny child in their care and never checks.

I hope that Grandma saw how badly Teghan was injured and that that image stays with her forever. (After all we don't know why he really took her to the hospital? If he didn't think she was too injured before that moment what sparked that final revelation? I've wondered if Grandma or Grandpa saw her and told him he had to take her in...)

Realistically, I hope that Mom gets quite a few more charges and that she loses and doesn't regain custody of her current baby and that Grandma gets charged with something even if it won't stick.

ITA. I just recently became aware of this case and haven't read everything but am I correct in assuming there was not just a g-ma but also a g-dad? Where has he been in all of this? Surely gma talked to him about her suspicions so where was he?? Both grandparents are guilty by negligence IMO.

ITA. I just recently became aware of this case and haven't read everything but am I correct in assuming there was not just a g-ma but also a g-dad? Where has he been in all of this? Surely gma talked to him about her suspicions so where was he?? Both grandparents are guilty by negligence IMO.

I have wondered about the grandfather too. I haven't seen anything really said about him in the news the grandmother is the one who keeps being mentioned. I wonder if he was away during this short time period or something? Hopefully someone else knows :)

@HeatherMooreNow: @Linda_Paris No. We expect to see the video of #TeghanSkiba today. #JonathanRichardson

@HeatherMooreNow: #JonathanRichardson trial back.On stand- pediatrician who specializes in child abuse.She was called immediately 2 examine #TeghanSkiba @ UNC

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 1h

#JonathanRichardson trial back.On stand- pediatrician who specializes in child abuse.She was called immediately 2 examine #TeghanSkiba @ UNC

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 16m

#JonathanRichardson charged with 1st degree murder, among other things. If convicted, he could face death penalty. #TeghanSkiba

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 23s

Pediatrician:too many injuries on #TeghanSkiba to count. #JonathanRichardson said she fell off bed overnight, blamed bites on her cousin.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 31s

#JonathanRichardson told detectives #TeghanSkiba was talking on way to hospital. But he was yelling for help when he carried her into ER.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 2m

Pediatrician: #TeghanSkiba's fingernail missing and right nipple gone. #JonathanRichardson

Speechless...again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pediatrician: #TeghanSkiba's fingernail missing and right nipple gone. #JonathanRichardson

Oh dear Lord. That poor poor baby

Just horrified.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 12m

#TeghanSkiba had chunks skin missing all over. Were new whip marks on areas w/previous injuries that had started healing #JonathanRichardson

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 11m

Pediatrician says #JonathanRichardson told detective at hospital he was "bipolar" and "lost it" when #TeghanSkiba soiled the bed.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 1m

Pediatrician: #TeghanSkiba had multiple scars several stages healing on&in vagina,buttocks,etc.some w/in past 48-72 hrs. #JonathanRichardson

Beyond cruel. There are no words.

Poor, poor baby. No words...
:banghead: :notgood: :maddening: :tears: :anguish: :sigh:

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 11m

Pediatrician: #TeghanSkiba had multiple scars several stages healing on&in vagina,buttocks,etc.some w/in past 48-72 hrs. #JonathanRichardson

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 6m

Pediatrician: #TeghanSkiba's vaginal injuries consistent w/someone restrained or unable to move,appeared to be whipped. #JonathanRichardson

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 4m

Pediatrician says some of #TeghanSkiba's vaginal injuries caused w/in 24 hrs. b/c it hadn't started healing. #JonathanRichardson

There are times I wish death penalty ddnt involve humane injection. Why cant he suffer???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hachiko304