GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he shook her violently enuff, it would certainly damage her brain & could certainly put her in a coma. This happens with "shaken baby syndrome," or "abusive head trauma" unfortunately all too often.

"Abusive head trauma/inflicted traumatic brain injury — also called shaken baby/shaken impact syndrome (or SBS) — is a form of inflicted head trauma. Abusive head trauma (AHT) can be caused by direct blows to the head, dropping or throwing a child, or shaking a child. Head trauma is the leading cause of death in child abuse cases in the United States..."

http://kidshealth.org/parent/medical/brain/shaken.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Symptoms of shaken baby syndrome include extreme irritability, lethargy, poor feeding, breathing problems, convulsions, vomiting, and pale or bluish skin. Shaken baby injuries usually occur in children younger than 2 years old, but may be seen in children up to the age of 5..."

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/shakenbaby/shakenbaby.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------

my bold

When did he shake her the 1st time, and how many times thereafter? We will never know, but I'm sure many of us have an educated (by now) guess. It doesn't take a hammer. Grrrrr.

Yes, but if she had brain matter seeping from her head wouldn't that have necessitated skull fractures? When my kids were little, on occasion each of them had taken bad falls. You know those ones, especially when they are learning to walk, where you see 'em tripping or falling near something *bad*, like the edge of a table or near cement outside, etc., resulting in a large *goose egg* as they used to call 'em. Never had so much as a concussion, let alone anything *leaking*. IMO, Teghan's *head injuries* didn't come from frustrated shaking. He beat that child within an inch of her life. :moo:

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 6m

#JonathanRichardson def wants statements from 2 possible witnesses entered N2evidence.1 of them now dead,other can't B located

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 2m

We think that was the last witness #JonathanRichardson defense was planning to call, but don't know for sure.I'll let you know

Bryan Mims ‏@bryanmims 1m

Judge will not allow man hired as hit man to kill #jonathanrichardson's father when jonathan was 1 to testify. Deems it irrelevant.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 11m

#JonathanRichardson trial been in session 1hr,15mins and jury hasn't stepped foot in courtroom yet!

Good Morning WS Friends. :seeya:

Oh how I wish today's session could be live streamed. But, it is what it is, and if all goes well next week's closings should be live. Hope Heather Moore has some inside knowledge on this.

he seems to have no case. :twocents:

if these last two witness statements are not allowed in maybe they will wrap for the day. Usually they would not bump up closing arguments (in my experience they give the atty's time to prepare)

Judge brings #JonathanRichardson jury has finally into courtroom, but just to tell them it's time for morning break. Recess until 11:15am.

I think it is bull that we the people of NC get to pay this "expert" witness $10,000 for her testimony. If I am following twitter correctly, she only met with JR 3 times before she made her diagnosis of his condition?!?

Heck my child's psych spent took much longer to diagnose Attention Deficit Disorder, what a rip-off and insult to Teghan Skiba!!

bedsmom, I have always said that I dismiss testimony of "Paid Expert Witnesses" and Jailhouse Snitches. Just toss it out and consider everything else. But that's just me ....:moo:JMO.

Judge brings #JonathanRichardson jury has finally into courtroom, but just to tell them it's time for morning break. Recess until 11:15am.

:floorlaugh:

Kelli O'Hara ‏@Kelli_OHara 9m

Defense expected to rest today...possible closing arguments Monday....waiting for #JonathanRichardson defense team to wrap up. #TeghanSkiba

#JonathanRichardson's Mom was charged for hiring a hitman to kill his father when JR was 1-yr-old, but she was found not guilty.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 9m

No, #HelenReyes does not currently have a court date scheduled, to the best of my knowledge. #JonathanRichardson

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 10m

Reporter @bryanmims says WRAL will stream #JonathanRichardson closing arguments. Reporter @kelli_ohara says WTVD will too.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 7m

#JonathanRichardson just told judge he understands his rights and it's his decision *NOT* to testify in his own defense.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 12m

Judge now questioning #JonathanRichardson about his decision not to take the stand in his defense.

Bryan Mims ‏@bryanmims 8m

Defense rests in #jonathanrichardson case. Closing arguments set to begin 9:30 Monday morning. He's charged with killing #teghanskiba

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 12m

#JonathanRichardson defense just rested case.State not presenting rebuttal witnesses.Judge dismissing jurors for day. Closing arguments Mon.

CC ‏@courtchatter 4m

Defense rests in #jonathanrichardson case. Closing arguments set to begin 9:30 Monday morning. We will have a live stream.

CC ‏@courtchatter 4m

Defense rests in #jonathanrichardson case. Closing arguments set to begin 9:30 Monday morning. We will have a live stream.

Anybody know what website that will be streaming closing arguments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aoajanw