GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trial Diva Sharee™ ‏@TrialDivasS 2m
Sorry Divas and Divos judge changed his mind, no livestream for #JonathanRichardson

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 3m
Judge decided no live stream for #JonathanRichardson Divas and Divos...we will keep you posted

:sigh:

Well they're right on top of things aren't they?

As much as I don't care to see Helen Reyes again, it really depends on where she stands. Many jurors listen to what the victim's family wants... they put a lot of stock in those pleas. J.R. will likely find some that are going to plead for his life, and put on gigantic crocodile tears... so Teghan needs someone, regardless of how they failed her in the past, to stand up for her... She will get her day in court for the charges against her, but right now, anyone that can speak as to why this monster should get DP, I would welcome. I HONESTLY don't see how ANY of those jurors will be swayed to give him LWOP, but I thought that with Josh Stepp too. So while my feelings for HR aren't so great, if she can help make sure that JR gets the DP, I'll take it.

I think there is something broken and a few other pieces missing inside of Johathan Richardson.

he looks human on the outside but his insides do not remotely resemble a human being.

BBM. Lizard Brain. Perfect description of this . When I saw him shaking his head at the verdict my gut reaction was that he knows everything he did, he cannot deny it - but he discounts it to himself. In other words "It wasn't my fault. She made me do it. I had a bad upbringing, after all!" I think he actually thought he might acquitted. His shaking his head was because in his mind the jury got it wrong.

Do we know this guy's I.Q.?

That was a question I asked near the beginning of this thing, but now I don't care.

I hope it's about 22 when his block-mates are through welcoming him to Death Row.

I've been thinkin' again.... hard work.... I have a feeling that JR was using that poor sweet, terrified little girl just to see how much horrible-ness (excuse the non-word) he could accomplish with one child. I think it was, to a great extent, an experiment. Awful thought I know, but that's where my mind has been going for many days.

He has to be put on a shelf somewhere, and I hope he is miserable and terrified every second of the rest of his life. And I hope his fellow prisoners know everything about what he did to little Teghan. All of it.

My anger, horror and there-is-no-word-for-it hasn't subsided one iota. I still want horrible and painful-beyond-words things to be done to him every day until he has lost 60--70 percent of his blood, and all the rest.
icon8.gif
icon8.gif

I promise I will stop these bad rants as soon as I am able

I think there is something broken and a few other pieces missing inside of Johathan Richardson.

he looks human on the outside but his insides do not remotely resemble a human being.

I agree. Did he really think no one would notice missing chunks of skin, mutilated private parts and a nipple missing (I lose my breath every time I read that) or that neosporin would actually heal these types of wounds that he opened over and over again. He's not human. He's a beast, the monster that you're terrified of when you're little. That poor baby girl. The suffering is something I cannot even imagine.

I agree. Did he really think no one would notice missing chunks of skin, mutilated private parts and a nipple missing (I lose my breath every time I read that) or that neosporin would actually heal these types of wounds that he opened over and over again. He's not human. He's a beast, the monster that you're terrified of when you're little. That poor baby girl. The suffering is something I cannot even imagine.

I'm still unsure why he ever took her to the hospital to start with. I could much more easily see this as a case where he says she 'ran away' or was kidnapped and he stashed her body somewhere deep in the woods. Most of these injuries wouldn't be evident if she wasn't found for quite some time.

The only answer I can think of was that Grandma or Grandpa saw her and demanded he take her to the hospital. Though from all we've heard from those vile people perhaps they'd have driven him to dump her somewhere instead of helping her! :(

I sincerely hope that grandma is punished by the community since the law isn't going to. After all, I doubt she has a conscious to bother her...

this **guy** would do well to sit still as a statue during the verdict without any shaking of his head or emotional response because there is more to follow for him.

If he shook his head or acted aloof after all of that testimony he is in a world of hurt for the penalty phase, imhoo. He has shown no remorse for what he has done the entire time in has affect and he refused to testify in his own defense.

This is one of the quickest verdicts I have EVER witnessed. The time included the selection of a foreperson.

I have to wonder why this guy even wanted to go the mile with a trial. Something is way off with this guy imhoo. He does not strike me as 'intelligent and cunning' in terms of perps.. He strikes me as slightly not knowing what he is getting into (not saying he should not be responsible).. My point is that, I guess, if I were this guy's counsel I would encourage him to enter a guilty plea after discovery at the least. Why did he want this to go to trial? Did he really think that he had any defense???? This guy stood no chance out of the gate yet he goes for a DP trial? something is way off here and I cannot put my finger on it.

What does a defense atty do when the prosecution notifies them that this is a DP case, but offers no plea bargain? Can that be done? IANAL, so I have no idea. Seems to me, it is indeed the PT's right to accept no plea. I fell almost certain that you cannot plead guilty and automatically get the DP, either. Maybe that's why we're all here. I would really like to know the answer to this.

Does anybody know?

(And I have always wondered about this animal's IQ, nurse. I can only assume that it was tested to make sure he wasn't below whatever is required to stand trial and to possibly be given the DP as a sentence. Dunno about that, either.)

As much as I don't care to see Helen Reyes again, it really depends on where she stands. Many jurors listen to what the victim's family wants... they put a lot of stock in those pleas. J.R. will likely find some that are going to plead for his life, and put on gigantic crocodile tears... so Teghan needs someone, regardless of how they failed her in the past, to stand up for her... She will get her day in court for the charges against her, but right now, anyone that can speak as to why this monster should get DP, I would welcome. I HONESTLY don't see how ANY of those jurors will be swayed to give him LWOP, but I thought that with Josh Stepp too. So while my feelings for HR aren't so great, if she can help make sure that JR gets the DP, I'll take it.

The way I see it, HR didn't give a flip about her daughter when she was alive. If she did, she wouldn't have let this monster keep her when there were clearly other better options. She chose being spiteful toward her mother and the Skiba's over the well-being of her child. Because of her actions while her precious daughter was alive, anything she has to say now means absolutely bunk. She could stand up there and cry and wail about how she wants the DP for the monster, but all i would be reminded of is that she practically wrapped her daughter up with a bow and handed her over to that sick, twisted SOB to live in a dump of a shed. Teghan could have been sleeping in a nice, comfy bed at her grandparents house eating goldfish crackers drinking milk and watching cartoons. Instead she had 10 days of sheer pain and terror. HR knew what kind of the monster was but left Teghan with him anyway. Her credibility is so low it ranks in the negative numbers for me.

I'm still unsure why he ever took her to the hospital to start with. I could much more easily see this as a case where he says she 'ran away' or was kidnapped and he stashed her body somewhere deep in the woods. Most of these injuries wouldn't be evident if she wasn't found for quite some time.

The only answer I can think of was that Grandma or Grandpa saw her and demanded he take her to the hospital. Though from all we've heard from those vile people perhaps they'd have driven him to dump her somewhere instead of helping her! :(

I sincerely hope that grandma is punished by the community since the law isn't going to. After all, I doubt she has a conscious to bother her...

I believe that he's just that sick in the head that he arrogantly believed he could explain away her injuries. I don't think he wanted her to die, clearly his MO is to torture the living. His sadistic compulsions overrode any rationale that he may have had. It's like vampires on those tv shows, once they get a taste, they just can not stop themselves. He didn't think about what would happen when HR got back. He only thought about what he wanted, and what his next course of action would be.

Like nurse said above, he looks human on the outside, but inside is a very, very dark, horror show that none of us can possibly understand or grasp.

I believe that he's just that sick in the head that he arrogantly believed he could explain away her injuries. I don't think he wanted her to die, clearly his MO is to torture the living. His sadistic compulsions overrode any rationale that he may have had. It's like vampires on those tv shows, once they get a taste, they just can not stop themselves. He didn't think about what would happen when HR got back. He only thought about what he wanted, and what his next course of action would be.

Like nurse said above, he looks human on the outside, but inside is a very, very dark, horror show that none of us can possibly understand or grasp.

I totally agree with your assessment of this monster. He is exactly the monster that we were all warned about when we were children.

What does a defense atty do when the prosecution notifies them that this is a DP case, but offers no plea bargain? Can that be done? IANAL, so I have no idea. Seems to me, it is indeed the PT's right to accept no plea. I fell almost certain that you cannot plead guilty and automatically get the DP, either. Maybe that's why we're all here. I would really like to know the answer to this.

Does anybody know?

(And I have always wondered about this animal's IQ, nurse. I can only assume that it was tested to make sure he wasn't below whatever is required to stand trial and to possibly be given the DP as a sentence. Dunno about that, either.)

Yes. The prosecutor does not have to offer a plea deal. From my understanding, they offer a plea deal depending on how strong of a case they feel they have against the defendant. (IMHO, this prosecution had a rock solid case against monster, and I'm not surprised there's no record of a plea deal.)

If a person pleads guilty to a crime, I think it is up to the judge to decide if they get the DP or not. That's my understanding of it anyway.

As for the monster's IQ, I would venture a guess that he has an average IQ.

All of the above is just my opinion.

The way I see it, HR didn't give a flip about her daughter when she was alive. If she did, she wouldn't have let this monster keep her when there were clearly other better options. She chose being spiteful toward her mother and the Skiba's over the well-being of her child. Because of her actions while her precious daughter was alive, anything she has to say now means absolutely bunk. She could stand up there and cry and wail about how she wants the DP for the monster, but all i would be reminded of is that she practically wrapped her daughter up with a bow and handed her over to that sick, twisted SOB to live in a dump of a shed. Teghan could have been sleeping in a nice, comfy bed at her grandparents house eating goldfish crackers drinking milk and watching cartoons. Instead she had 10 days of sheer pain and terror. HR knew what kind of the monster was but left Teghan with him anyway. Her credibility is so low it ranks in the negative numbers for me.

I'm beginning to think that if absolutely no one showed up to speak for Teghan it would speak much louder and be a much larger impact to the jurors than to have someone speak who was not there for this precious child while she was alive. I know if I were a juror I would immediately want to be there for this tiny child. The jury has already spoken for Teghan, I feel very confident that this jury will do the right thing for Teghan.

Yes. The prosecutor does not have to offer a plea deal. From my understanding, they offer a plea deal depending on how strong of a case they feel they have against the defendant. (IMHO, this prosecution had a rock solid case against monster, and I'm not surprised there's no record of a plea deal.)

If a person pleads guilty to a crime, I think it is up to the judge to decide if they get the DP or not. That's my understanding of it anyway.

Did a little research on this question of if pleading guilty can you still get the death penalty. The answer is yes, you can. One example: Danny Rolling in Gainesville, FL. The judge usually decides, however.

I'm beginning to think that if absolutely no one showed up to speak for Teghan it would speak much louder and be a much larger impact to the jurors than to have someone speak who was not there for this precious child while she was alive. I know if I were a juror I would immediately want to be there for this tiny child. The jury has already spoken for Teghan, I feel very confident that this jury will do the right thing for Teghan.

The paternal grandparents wanted custody and HR was afraid they could get it -- which is why Teghan didn't stay with them. They have been at court

I kept waiting for the defense (or even the prosecution) to bring up a couple of things that, as far as I know, they never did. Although, I only watched a few minutes of the defense.

We didn't hear about violent video games and we didn't hear about internet searches. From either side. Does that surprise anyone else? I don't know what kind of phone he had, but most people his age have internet on their phones and his grandparents could have had wireless internet.

Not that any of that matters in the end, but I keep wondering if he is the kind of evil that is born with the desire AND the know-how to inflict the most extreme pain possible, or if he is the kind of evil that got his ideas elsewhere.

IMO both kinds are dangerous, but there is something worse, somehow, about the kind who does it all on his own, without any outside influence. That is the kind of evil from my nightmares.

It really would not surprise me if he has a better than average IQ.

The paternal grandparents wanted custody and HR was afraid they could get it -- which is why Teghan didn't stay with them. They have been at court

So sad. That is the reason that I think the mother should have been charged with murder as well. If not for her, Teghan would have been safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal