GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #5

I continue to check but so far I've seen nothing about Helen Roxanne/Roxana Reyes going to court. IMO if it hasn't happened by now it probably won't ever happen. IIRC, she was pregnant and in a new relationship during the trial. I think someone found a link to a vehicle purchase with her and a man's name on the bill. Even trying other names brought no results. It's like she disappeared.

This is one case that I'll never forget. I'm glad JR is sitting on death row but I'm still angry that Teghan's murder could have been prevented. So many people let her down. I hate JR but I also hate HR - she was Teghan's mother, the one person who should have protected her.

A pox on all women who put men before their own children.

I just checked the Johnston County Court docket, as I have done many times, and her name does not show up. I also checked the Johnston County Jail, and she is not in jail there. I also checked the NC Dept. of Public Services, and her name does not appear as an inmate or a past inmate.
Might she have changed her name?
Left the country?
Does anyone within LE or Justice know or care?
We care. :(

May our little girl continue to rest in peace, love & happiness.

I just checked the Johnston County Court docket, as I have done many times, and her name does not show up. I also checked the Johnston County Jail, and she is not in jail there. I also checked the NC Dept. of Public Services, and her name does not appear as an inmate or a past inmate.
Might she have changed her name?
Left the country?
Does anyone within LE or Justice know or care?
We care. :(

May our little girl continue to rest in peace, love & happiness.

I'm right there with you borndem! Yes, WE care even if Teghan's mom has "moved on" and couldn't be bothered any more. Thanks for continuing to check! Oh, and while I was searching around today I found an old tweet from a reporter during JR's trial saying Reyes had an 8-month-old daughter and was living with her "new" boyfriend so she had already birthed a new baby. I guess that was Teghan's replacement... grr. :mad:

Yes, I remember you reporting that -- and we went nutz. Yeah, as you said, onward & upward <gag> I guess. Let's hope she learned how to judge men a bit better, but I doubt it.

And let me add an "in spades" and a "tell-it, Wise One" to your statement in your post #661:

A pox on all women who put men before their own children.

Emphasis added.

Our special little girl who is laughing, playing and happy. One of the prettiest little girls I have ever seen.

Happy Birthday Teghan, darling &#10084;&#10084;

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Happy Birthday, little angel. :rose:

purple-butterfly-2.jpg

"Comfort Dog" for victims and witnesses in court named after Teghan

Last month, the Johnston County District Attorney’s office met its new service dog, Teghan, a goldendoodle who will soon offer victims and witnesses calm and comfort as an emotional support dog. The county’s district attorney, Susan Doyle, said children in particular may rely on the dog as they recount the details of abuse or other crimes.
There are organizations that donate trained service dogs to courthouses, Ford said, but waiting lists for those can take up to two years. Instead, the Johnston business community covered the costs. The pup was purchased from Knight GoldenDoodles in Clayton. Money for Teghan’s training and care has been taken care of by local businesses, including vet care and grooming.
Teghan is named after the victim of one of the most horrific crimes ever committed in Johnston County. In 2010, 4-year-old Teghan Skiba was tortured for days and eventually killed by Jonathan Richardson, the ex-boyfriend of her mother. A jury sentenced Richardson to death in 2014. Doyle said her office received the blessing of Skiba’s grandparents to name the dog and feels they’ve found the tribute they’ve searched for for years.
“For children that come into the judicial system, it can be a struggle to get them to talk about what happened to them,” Ford said. “Teghan will assist in dealing with these incredibly stressful cases from the very first moment they come in contact with the judicial system. Dealing with our office will be associated with Teghan.”

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/counties/johnston-county/article160203594.html

No mention of Teghan's mother, Helen Reyes, or father. By the time Tehan's case went to trial mom had already moved on, gotten married and had a new baby daughter. AFAIK the DA never followed through on the warrant for child endangerment. Jonathan Richardson, the man who viciously tortured, raped and mutilated Teghan before finally beating her to death, is on death row at Central Prison.

During the trial Reyes testified about times when she let him babysit and found injuries on Teghan when she came home - but decided to leave her precious baby with this monster for an extended period. When Richardson tried to break up with Reyes she responded by writing a long love letter to him, trying to get him to change his mind.

Anyway, I hope Teghan the comfort dog will provide some love and support to other little victims of abuse.

Thanks for that wonderful news story, MsMarple. That support dog should make a difference to children who are afraid of probably nearly everyone. I can just see that little dog licking some child's hand or cheek & making him/her giggle and relax a bit. Teghan the Dog could certainly save some lives. What a wonderful thing the Johnson business community has done. I'm sure Teghan's tragedy is something no one in Johnson County at the time of the trial will ever forget this case. We haven't and we won't ever.

Bless the little children and Support Dog Teghan.

A lovely thing they have done in Teghans name.

Thinking about her STILL makes my heart ache.

Same here -- thus it will ever be for all of us.

Hi, Nymeria!!

Good to see ya! And I'm fine as wine!

And a
:cheer:Happy New Year to you!!:cheer:
:newyear:

:hug:

:biggrin:

A big Thank You, Jewels53, for this article!

Not a long sentence, but at least she's charged and and will serve some time.

A bit more justice for the little girl in a case I will never forget.
It was "The Very Worst Case of All Time" for me.

But she is away from all of that cruelty, drug use, absolute torture and pain now.

SMITHFIELD, N.C. — The mother of a 4-year-old Smithfield girl who died in 2010 after authorities said she was tortured was sentenced Wednesday to at least 18 months in jail.

Mother sentenced in 2010 death of 4-year-old Smithfield girl :: WRAL.com
OMG, thank you for posting the news Jewels! I'm shocked!! I check on Richardson's status every once in a while and it continued to chafe my behind that little Teghan's mother appeared to have skated on her part.

IMO she should have been charged with whatever NC law that covers reckless disregard for the welfare of the child, resulting in death as opposed to serious bodily injury but I'll take what I can get.

I hope she serves every day of the sentence. And I pity any other children she has, IMO people like her don't learn from their mistakes. MOO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeriPerkins
Back