GUILTY NC - Tim Hennis on trial in the '85 Eastburn murders, Fort Bragg

Not sure which parts specifically are wrong, but the case is so complex that it's hard to fit it into an hour. One of the hostesses expressed to me (in an email) that they truly wish that a long form podcast would take on his case. I agree. It's just too much information to try and condense like this. But it is good that someone tried to tell the story and express that there are doubts about the conviction at least. It just needs to be done in a season long format and with the cooperation of someone like you who is on the inside and has access to crucial details that others don't have. More time, more resources and insider access to tell his story properly.

Its not the amount of time that's the problem with the podcast its the accuracy of the information. The podcast was replete with misleading or wrong information.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

But I do agree that a podcast series is needed

It seems like I noticed a few things that may have been off or went over so quickly that is was misleading, but I don't even recall what they were now. You probably don't have time to clear them up, but I am interested in which parts bothered you. You know far more than most about the real story.

One thing Tim and his wife were never separated. The latex glove tip found at the Eastburn crime scene and possibly link to the Macdonald case was never mentioned. These are just a few

Sundrop, would you classify the Eastburn murderer(s) as an organized killer or disorganized? Do you believe there were at least 2 people there as Stombaugh asserted? Have you or the FBI or anyone involved in criminal profiling ever made a profile of the killer? If that has been done I would like to see it (although if it was in the book I just don't recall it now since it has been quite a while since I read it).

I am not a supporter of the FBI profiling model but the crime would be organized. Yes, 2 people

So glad to see you and sundrop both posting.
So horrifying to think 2 people were involved and Hennis sits in prison, his life destroyed. If only there could be a break. This is a terrible injustice, one of the worst I've encountered.

Watched the Death Row Stories. Timothy Bailey Hennis episode. It caught my eye because I watch and read everything having to do with Hennis. It had information I had not seen or heard before. I did not know that the prosecution had knowledge about Rupar the "Walker" who walked the neighborhood of the Eastburns during the time of the murders. This "Walker" wore a Members Only" jacket and looked so much like Hennis he could have easily been identified as Hennis by Cone, the eye witness who claimed to have seen Hennis leave the Eastburn residence. Prosecution not only kept the existence of Rupar secret but they kept his Members Only jacket locked up in the trunk of their detective's car. This stinks. It was when the defense attorneys brought Rupar into the jury room to testify that "reasonable doubt" hit like a firestorm.
Rupar was observed by the jury while they were waiting out a long stint in the jury room while being dismissed from the courtroom during arguments with the judge. Detectives were taking him out of a detectives car in handcuffs. The jury saw this happen through a window from the jury room on the second floor of the courthouse. "Shock" doesn't even explain how the jury felt at that time. He was a dead ringer for Hennis.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I am not a supporter of the FBI profiling model but the crime would be organized. Yes, 2 people

How would you classify the murderer of Jaye Potter Mintz, organized or disorganized? Likely just 1 killer in that case?

Changing the subject a bit, what's your sense on the Mr. X letters? Written by the killer or someone who may know the killer, or just a hoax?

How would you classify the murderer of Jaye Potter Mintz, organized or disorganized? Likely just 1 killer in that case?

Changing the subject a bit, what's your sense on the Mr. X letters? Written by the killer or someone who may know the killer, or just a hoax?
Mintz case organized, body posed.

Mr X likely killer but to misdirect the investigation

Just wanted to say congrats to sundrop in relation to the Grinstead case. I believe your collaboration with Payne Lindsay has either directly or indirectly (I do not know the evidence/facts that led to arrest of course) helped make this happen. It makes me hope that having had such a great outcome with this and considering you mentioned doing a podcast on the wrongful conviction of Hennis that it will hopefully happen in the near future. Thank you for your hard work in all the cases you have participated in.

I have a question for Sundrop. As far as the bloody towel, I know you said that there was a full male profile developed (DNA). I don't know if you are privy to the results related to that or if you just know it was done. If you do know, or could find out if you wanted, would you be able to find out what the blood type was? If so, it wouldn't happen to be blood type 'A', would it?

Thanks if you see this and happen to know this. I have an out there idea but wouldn't say anything unless it does turn out to be of the A blood type.

The DNA is an unknown male, not hennis. That's all I know,

The DNA is an unknown male, not Hennis. It has never been submitted to the CODIS database.

The DNA is an unknown male, not Hennis. It has never been submitted to the CODIS database.

Thanks for answering. I wonder if they even do blood typing nowadays since DNA profiling came into being? Maybe they don't bother. Are Hennis' lawyer's privy to the dna results on the towel, or is it something only the lab workers and law enforcement/prosecutors would have access to?

I registered just to post here. This case is on my mind a lot. That's probably because I am an officer's spouse. We are in a vulnerable position because we find ourselves in new environments having to rely on relative strangers for help while our husband's are gone.

Question: What did the advertisement for a new owner for the dog look like? Did it contain any information about the breed/height dog?

I watched the old news footage on Dr. Goodwin's link. The images made consider some of the witness statements. If you were to ask 10 different people to describe Tim Hennis, I believe all 10 would start with 'He is very tall.' That is his most striking feature. If this observation is not included in a witness statement, it is imo likely they are talking about someone else.

Would love to see this thread active again.

Just saw this:

[video=youtube;ftDh4oLpyQQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftDh4oLpyQQ[/video]

That is great Dr. Goodwin! This case deserves to be scrutinized. I will be listening to the podcast.

Mintz case organized, body posed.

Mr X likely killer but to misdirect the investigation

Does anyone know why there is no thread here for Jaye Potter Mintz and if we are going to be getting one? TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves
Back