NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know...if it wasn't for the bogus randsom note...Elisa MIGHT have been able to squeak out of this!!!!

The keys in my mind to solving this involve the phone call to BB on the friday, and the man from London.

Her British friend MH has a male friend, PE who is a BIG fan of UK football. It was stated earlier in the posts that his name was 'Carlisle Fulham' (2 UK footie teams!)
or mispelled 'Carlisle Fullham'

I have spent HOURS working on those names, to no avail....

I'd LOVE to know HOW this woman could entice a man to send her $10,000!

I totally agree Smooth unless she killed Zahra in a fit of rage because Brittany would not drop the charges.

sorry for asking but...There are a couple of Brittany's are we to assume it is BB or BS. :)

Was BB in court on the day EB's bond were increased?

AF and BS were in court, I would like to know if BB would have anything to fear of EB if she were released on bail?
Source: She lived with Baker until she was 17, although Fairchild said she talked with her mother until the day she was arrested.

Bellas also asked Fairchild about Baker’s international contacts. Fairchild said her mother had been in touch with a man from London online, and he had given her $10,000.

Baker met her husband, Adam Baker, through a virtual and social networking website.

Fairchild said her mother was in touch with the man from London up until a week before her arrest. She said Baker also talked of leaving North Carolina as recently as Oct 10, the day after Zahra was reported missing.

“She said she wished she could leave the state,” Fairchild said.

... Other facts learned about Elisa Baker from the hearing:

-Applied for disability because she has lupus and seizures;

-She had a falling out with her grandfather about a car;

-She is not in touch with her son;

-She is not known to hold a job; and

-The ransom note was found under the windshield wiper of the Chevy Tahoe.

I can't see how EB would instantly become a risk for AF unless she knows more.

EB admitted to writing a "fake" ransom note, correct?

So if she admitted to that, then what are they saying happened to Zahra?

If she wasn't "kidnapped" then where is she?

Has this been discussed at all already? Sorry if it has, this thread(s) fly.

sorry for asking but...There are a couple of Brittany's are we to assume it is BB or BS. :)

Was BB in court on the day EB's bond were increased?

AF and BS were in court, I would like to know if BB would have anything to fear of EB if she were released on bail?

I can't see how EB would instantly become a risk for AF unless she knows more.

BB is the one ( a niece, I believe) who charged her with driving her off the road and threatening her life, her baby daughter's and her husband's.

BS is her youngest daughter.

AB is another one of her daughters who has asked the court NOT to let her mother out, because she is afraid of her.

That says something...doesn't it????

Sheesh this is a speedy thread. On weekends Im not really able to get on at all and so i was just popping in to see if there was any new stuff on Z's case. But no.....nothing I see. This case has really gotten to me and I want closure for Zahra soon, very soon.

Netsleuther, I was speaking of BB. I don't think she was in court. As for my opinion, if I were her I'd be afraid. Probably not as much as I would be if I were her daughter though.

I just don't know if I think she's smart enough to think like a regular killer? I mean, why start a fire in your OWN front yard (trying to destroy evidence) and then report your kid missing? Why report the kid missing AT ALL? Doesn't seem to me anyone would have noticed she was ever gone? No one cared about her. And then the whole ransom note issue - that was REALLY, REALLY DUMB.

I agree they could have just let it slide after all no one really cared enough about her to wonder where she was, in all probability they would have been able to get away with saying she returned to Aussie. So why did they have to create such an obviously preposterous fiction.

Does anyone know what the average rent would be on a 3 bedroom bungalow in Hickory???

I would say between 600-700 $ to someone the landlord didnt know prior to renting it.Plus renter pays utilities 150-250$,internet,phone,tv,125 all in one.

No, nothing...we are BEGGING for some crumbs! :(

Though I understand why LE has to keep everything close to the vest!

I agree they could have just let it slide after all no one really cared enough about her to wonder where she was, in all probability they would have been able to get away with saying she returned to Aussie. So why did they have to create such an obviously preposterous fiction.

Well for one,we can see things detiorated at the speed of lightning, I say again crystal meth, too many changes,appearance,moves,fighting,money ETC
I search for info on crystal meth and thats my conclusion .
Her look alone tells it all.
Ive asked brfore,does anyone know if AB had all his front teeth before moving to the US, anyone have older pics of a close up face shot of AB,
rotting teeth is very common with meth use,MOO

One of the other things that sticks out to me is, the rampage he went on for money owed from BB?
She owed $ for what? She says somewhere,(someone help here with link)that she had a drug problem not too long ago.
Drug users and drug buyers want drugs and $, nothing else, especially this meth now widespead.
Google meth labs hickory, youll be surprised, I was.

Do you live in the area???

No, I live in NC,other side of the state, I keep up with real estate quite a bit, I have friends that live close to that county and know what rent goes for,my neck of the woods is pretty similiar(economicaly) to that area.

Could they watch too many movies?

Added link to the trailer

I have just viewed that trailer and now I wonder about the $10k from the mysterious london guy.

:) A question for all you pros --

What is the license tag # shown on this search warrant for the '05 Impala?

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/mgmedia/file/35/baker/

It, at first, looked like a "1" to me. But my search didn't get any hits with that number.

So, on closer examination, it looks like a wider numeral may be just squeezed in there. What would it be? 4, 7, 9 ?

Opinions, please.

Thanks!

ETA: Oops - I meant the last digit looked like a "1" - that's the only part of it in question.

No, I live in NC,other side of the state, I keep up with real estate quite a bit, I have friends that live close to that county and know what rent goes for,my neck of the woods is pretty similiar(economicaly) to that area.

I live in Granite Falls, my daughter went to school in the same grade, different class, as Zahra. This case has touched me deeply. I am a bit obsessed with it actually. I cannot believe that this child suffered for so long.

Has LE followed up on that mattress that one of the users on this board found? Have they checked up on the smell? UGH!! This is making me crazy.

This is exactly why I like animals more than people. People suck, they are so evil and selfish!

I live in Granite Falls, my daughter went to school in the same grade, different class, as Zahra. This case has touched me deeply. I am a bit obsessed with it actually. I cannot believe that this child suffered for so long.

Has LE followed up on that mattress that one of the users on this board found? Have they checked up on the smell? UGH!! This is making me crazy.

This is exactly why I like animals more than people. People suck, they are so evil and selfish!

GOSH! My heart goes out to you! Most of us have never met Zahra and our hearts are broken!

How is your daughter coping? Did she know Zahra?? *advertiser censored*

IMHO.. Sadly, to attempt to manipulate some type of financial gain, from this heinous murder/tragedy. I believe that was EB's idea.

Welcome to WS, NCMom :)

Stick around these forums and your faith in humans might be somewhat renewed. There are many on here giving selflessly of their time and praying that justice is had for the unfortunate souls like Zahra.

Having said that, I know how you feel.

As for the mattress, I saw a report that law enforcement had investigated the mattress at the trailer park - but as far as I know, at this time, it's still unclear whether they've found the mattress of interest. The media reports are indicating they have not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ