ND ND - Barbara Cotton, 15, Williston, 11 Apr 1981

summergirl1..thanks for the article! It was informative and gave alot of insight. I wish more of the missing had articles out there that gave us a better detailed description of the day they went missing, under what circumstances, and who had contact that day with them. Barbara's disappearance, I hope, will be solved someday soon...

Good morning everyone,

Just to let you know that Schiellj has been verified as an extended family member of Barbara's.

Thank you to Schiellj and to everyone else who is here to discuss this case and hopefully, eventually, find out what happened to Barbara.

How hard was this Boyfriend looked at by LE at the time? Were staff interviewed at the Restaurant to confirm Barbara was even there? What kind of search was ever done by LE...tracking dogs brought in?
I hope Barbara's family gets the answers they deserve.

How hard was this Boyfriend looked at by LE at the time? Were staff interviewed at the Restaurant to confirm Barbara was even there? What kind of search was ever done by LE...tracking dogs brought in?
I hope Barbara's family gets the answers they deserve.
I don't have access to the case files however, to my knowledge, law enforcement never spoke to him. I am not aware of any interviews with the restaurant staff nor am I aware of any ground searches (besides the ones I did).
Barb's disappearance was treated as if she was a runaway for years.

...Barb's disappearance was treated as if she was a runaway for years.

Unfortunately, so many disappearances of young people start out by them leaving home to "run away" and a predator takes advantage of them when they are vulnerable.

The assumption that someone ran away should not be used as an excuse for not taking the disappearance seriously and immediately taking necessary steps to find them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back