ND - Dru Sjodin, 22, Grand Forks, 22 Nov 2003 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by MissMisty
I agree about Dru's family. They seem classy and dignified. For some reason though the father tugs at my heartstrings the most. Seeing him sitting there throughout the bail hearing this morning was hard. I can imagine he probably wanted to grab this guy and shake him while yelling "Where is my daughter?!"
Misty

YES! I watched the Dad in the background and thought how different his life was just two weeks ago. And now he had to be sitting there breathing the same air as this guy and unable to do or say a thing!

What get's me is here we have another case where the best parenting couldn't save these young people. Dru (and Laci Peterson too), from such loving, supportive, classy families. Its just not right!

Originally posted by johnny
The Grand Forks Herald reports Alfonso Rodriguez Jr. didn't show up for work at his construction job on November 22. That's the day Dru Sjodin went missing after leaving her job at an area mall.

According to the paper, when investigators showed up at Rodriguez's job site several days later, his boss said Rodriguez had said police were checking his car

So hed did have a job, and worked construction and probably knows about construction sites where workers aren't at after work and where his vehicle might not seem out of place.

I was unaware that the creep worked....and, you are so right...he prolly scouted out some sites for his ugly deeds where he worked.

Why oh why can't they just plain make him talk??????

Amazing that detail about him working has escaped the news until now!

What other vehicles did he have access to? What kind of work did he do? Concrete? Framing? Heavy Equipment operator? Dumpster, cleanup and trash hauling?

Amazing that detail about him working has escaped the news until now!

What other vehicles did he have access to? What kind of work did he do? Concrete? Framing? Heavy Equipment operator? Dumpster, cleanup and trash hauling?

Funny that we just found that out...any type of construction work would give him knowledge of ditches, water ways ect....he looks kinda like a dummy...but he was maybe smart enough to scout out areas where he could feel safe to do his ugly deeds.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Turcotte family wants same attention for their case

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/7408841.htm

How sad that every missing person is not treated serious!!

As I set here with my 20 month old Blue eyed Blonde Curly haired daughter what comfort to know that she might bring "National Attention" Hope the sarcasm is thick enough.

Most all of us are here reading and writing these posts because we either have a personal connection to someone who either is or was missing.

We too had some initial problems with attention etc. about Tabitha, yet I am over joyed that Dru has received so much attention and Pray and hope that it is enough to bring her home safely!!!

It is the responsibility of each and everyone of us to ensure that our children, grandchildren, brother's, sisters, friends and neighbors NEVER NEVER have to endure this HORRIFIC ordeal!!!!If there is a worse situation then I am not aware of it.

I will get off the soap box before the Burden of my load breaks it down!

God Bless each of you and thank you for continuing to return even when it hurts so damn much!!!

"Refuse to Accept the Unacceptable"

That's heartbreaking for Russell Turcotte and his family. He deserved the exact same response as Dru or anyone else. That really burned me up reading that the dispatcher "chuckled" and said "wait a couple of days" when Russell's mother called to report him missing. Argh!
Misty

The problem here is that Russell was not walking from a place he worked every day, and was not expected anywhere else at a specific time. The mother and missing son were in two separate states, which confuses matters. In Dru's case, there was a call that was cut off, and then another with static, not a normal conversation that ended properly. Russell hitchhiked a lot and no one knew exactly where he was at any given moment, not even what car he might be in. (He took foolish chances, IMO, by hitchhiking.) The logistics of the cases are completely different.

LE couldn't pin down that there might have been a high risk sex offender near Russell, because they didn't know where he disappeared (if he caught a ride, it could have been anywhere)

To call is a race issue is, once again, ridiculous. That is comparing apples and oranges.

Originally posted by Ghostwheel

To call is a race issue is, once again, ridiculous. That is comparing apples and oranges.

Who called it a race issue?
And yes, hitch hiking is very foolish. Still, Russell didn't deserve to be murdered and deserves to have his killer brought to justice, in my opinion.
Misty

The Turcotte family implied "race" issue.

Thanks Johnny. I must have missed that. I wonder what race Russell was.
Misty

Originally posted by MissMisty
Thanks Johnny. I must have missed that. I wonder what race Russell was.
Misty

American Indian.

TOP STORY

Sjodin blood match reported
GRAND FORKS, N.D. — Bloodstains matching Dru Sjodin's blood type were found in the car of Alfonso Rodriguez Jr., the repeat sex offender charged with abducting her outside a Grand Forks mall, sources close to the investigation said Thursday.
BY PHILLIP PIÑA and RUBÉN ROSARIO / Pioneer Press

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/

*advertiser censored*!

Dru's family must be suffering so terribly right now... I hope the Police are keeping them well informed prior to these news releases - this info should be coming from LE not the Media to Dru's relatives/friends.

The poor girl, this is just a nightmare.

Cass....

Oh, this is just awful.

National Media hasn't covered it yet this AM. I thought that was odd.

* There will be a press conference at 2:00 PM CST, 3:00 PM EST. *

Thanks Maggie, I had been going between the three network shows at the 7:00 news hour watching for school closings. We are having a major snow storm on the East Coast. Our schools did cancel, though the high school kids were/are already on the roads. Yikes.

Originally posted by Coffeesnob
yakwoman.....do you mind if I ask youwhat city you live in.....
nice to see a fellow Minnesotan here.

Hi Coffeesnob! I live in East Grand Forks, right on the MN/ND border.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elaguileno81