Found Deceased NE- Amber Tjaden, 48, Weeping Water, 27 Jan 2021

mlhenn

Reaction score
Weeping Water woman missing

Cass County Sheriff William Brueggemann is asking for the assistance of the citizens and public in locating a vehicle and a missing person.

Sheriff Brueggeman reports that the Cass County Sheriff Office was contacted on Thursday, Jan. 28, at 10:22 a.m., by family members of Amber Tjaden, age 48, of Weeping Water.

Tjaden has not been seen or heard from since Wednesday, Jan. 27.

Tjaden is believed to be driving a 2019 Black Jaguar, Model F-Pace, with Nebraska plate 20T628.

Cass County sheriff says woman has been missing for nearly a week

The Cass County, Nebraska, sheriff is seeking the public's help to find a woman missing since last Wednesday.

That's the last time family members say they heard from 48-year-old Amber Tjaden.

She's from Weeping Water.

The sheriff believes she's driving a 2019 black Jaguar model "F-pace" with the Nebraska license 20T628.

If you've seen the car or Tjaden, contact the Cass County sheriff or local law enforcement.
upload_2021-2-1_16-55-19.jpeg

FEB 1, 2021
Documents: Husband of missing Cass County woman fled from deputies when they tried to stop him (ketv.com)

chelsea-tjaden-for-web-0060-1612221989.jpg

The husband of a missing Cass County woman has been arrested after deputies say he fled when they tried to pull him over.

According to court documents, 38-year-old Matthew Tjaden has been arrested on charges of flight to avoid prosecution and child neglect.

[...]

According to an affidavit from the Cass County Sheriff's Office, deputies were trying to make contact with Matthew Tjaden last Thursday in relation to his missing wife. Deputies say he was the last person to have contact with her and he never called authorities to say she was missing. Amber Tjaden's 22-year-old daughter was the concerned party that reported her mother missing.

[...]

He told officials that he and his wife had an argument last Wednesday and that she left the home that evening. He said he thought he had to wait 48 hours to file a missing person report.

Deputies said Matthew Tjaden seemed upset that they would not leave the property and at one point yelled, "Get the f--- off my property." He again refused to return to the home to talk to investigators. Amber Tjaden's daughter told deputies that when she went to the home to search for her mother, Matthew Tjaden yelled at her to leave and stated he felt "she was there to spy on him."

Detectives found prior protection orders that indicated Matthew Tjaden was a meth user and owned guns.

[...]

FEB 1, 2021
Cass County woman missing, husband in custody (wowt.com)
[...]

Amber Tjaden is believed to be driving this 2019 black Jaguar SUV. 6 News has learned investigators haven’t been able to track it, as its version of OnStar isn’t activated.

According to court documents, her husband, 38-year-old Matthew Tjaden told deputies they had an argument and she left and was depressed.

Deputies said he later became upset they were still at his home and that he picked up his two boys and took off. They pursued the pickup but Matthew Tjaden didn’t stop.

When he finally did, deputies say his story allegedly changed about who he called and when regarding his missing wife. He was booked into the Cass County Jail for flight to avoid arrest and child neglect.

[...]

Cass County woman missing, husband in custody

Deputies said he later became upset they were still at his home and that he picked up his two boys and took off. They pursued the pickup but Matthew Tjaden didn’t stop.

Documents: Husband of missing Cass County woman fled from deputies when they tried to stop him

Matthew Tjaden returned to the residence but would not come up the driveway. When deputies put the cruiser lights on, he took off and deputies initiated a pursuit. After a brief chase, Matthew Tjaden pulled back into his driveway. Deputies said he would not cooperate and refused orders to get down. Eventually, a Taser was deployed and he was taken into custody.

Authorities said Matthew Tjaden was argumentative and changed his story. His younger children were placed into state custody.

So he had their younger children in the vehicle with him when he ran from police?!
How scary!

Cass County woman missing, husband in custody

According to court documents, her husband, 38-year-old Matthew Tjaden told deputies they had an argument and she left and was depressed.

...deputies say his story allegedly changed about who he called and when regarding his missing wife.

I’m curious to what he exactly changed it to (who he called & when)...

This is very sad and prayers for her family. I can't even imagine what they are going through. Here's info from an Omaha news channel. It states that in 2015 she filed two protective orders against her husband. The Cass County, Nebraska sheriff's website shows that he has been released from jail.

Documents: Husband of missing Cass County woman fled from deputies when they tried to stop him
He has a shotgun and has threatened to shoot her. :gulp: :(

Amber Tjaden wrote in the petition that Matthew called her at 12:30 a.m. one morning "screaming at me there was a man in our home. He told me he was loading his shot gun and on his way to shoot me".

She wrote "I am in a constant state of fear for the safety of my children and myself".

Amber Tjaden wrote in the petition that Matthew called her at 12:30 a.m. one morning "screaming at me there was a man in our home. He told me he was loading his shot gun and on his way to shoot me".

She wrote "I am in a constant state of fear for the safety of my children and myself".

This is a very, very scary situation. There's not a lot of information that has been released yet, but from the protection orders, I'm very concerned for her welfare. There are several minor children and JMO, I don't think she would have just have left the children at home after an apparent argument with her husband. His behavior when the police contacted him was absolutely bizarre. LE had to use a taser on him in order to be able to arrest him. It also appears he has been released from the Cass Co. jail. She's not made contact with anyone in her family.

JMO, none of this is adding up to a good ending. I hope I'm wrong.

How terrifying to even read. It's even more horrific when LE cannot protect a woman in this situation. I'm hoping against the odds that Amber is safe and in hiding somewhere. My God this man is scary!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hardsaf
Back