NE - Angry Soccer Mom Abandons Daughter on Interstate

i am interested to know the mass psychology behind this relatively new phenomenon. i never, ever, ever saw or heard of a parent acting like this at a sports event (or threatening teachers for not giving their kid a better grade).. when i was growing up. they would be considered insane. but then again our civility is eroding faster than the speed of light. this seems be be a new thing, and i don't understand where or when grown adults started to behave this way. again, another sign of devolution, for sure. it seems we are rapidly turning back into animals!

Reb~ Did you ever see the story about the cheerleader mom (in Texas, I believe) who put a "hit" out on the other cheerleader and her mom (I think I have the story right...) anyway, I think this is along the same lines....

Does anyone know where this little girl is now....surely they didn't send her back to mom!!!!

Reb~ Did you ever see the story about the cheerleader mom (in Texas, I believe) who put a "hit" out on the other cheerleader and her mom (I think I have the story right...) anyway, I think this is along the same lines....

Does anyone know where this little girl is now....surely they didn't send her back to mom!!!!

Actually I believe they did.
I may be mistaken but I think she only got parole and then maybe some technical error got the case thrown out??

Very sad. Poor girl. Mother needs help in a bad way...... :mad:

I agree Ang........this mother really does need some help. For all we know, she may be a single mom who get's no help from father.........may be having problems with her job, IF she works, any number of things.

I can't even imagine slapping a child "I've felt like doing it several times)....let alone LETTING them out on a highway. Wish we knew more about the mom! Sound's like she's really strung out and I don't mean on drugs. I can almost guarantee that if this woman lives with her husband they probably have a horrible marriage! This is just plain ANGRY......and maybe just taking this anger out on her daughter! We'll probably never know!

xxxxxxxxoo
mama:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

hopefully all the negative publicity will help mom chill out for a while...till girl is old enuff to leave home...I agree - I can't imagine ever even slapping my kids much less doing something that stupid....

i am interested to know the mass psychology behind this relatively new phenomenon. i never, ever, ever saw or heard of a parent acting like this at a sports event (or threatening teachers for not giving their kid a better grade).. when i was growing up. they would be considered insane. but then again our civility is eroding faster than the speed of light. this seems be be a new thing, and i don't understand where or when grown adults started to behave this way. again, another sign of devolution, for sure. it seems we are rapidly turning back into animals!

With all due respect, I think you are just hearing about these stories more. People have always been pushy, aggressive, manipulative, cruel, etc, etc.

This belief of civility at some romantic period in time shows they were dealing with the same probelms. Abusive and neglectful parents are nothing new. Even the town bully with a son on a baseball team, or a child who can never live up to those expectations.

The only thing new, is the media reporting, and people considering it a subject worth debate. In the 50's version of this story. The other soccer mom would've just picked up the neighbor's daughter and returned her without police intervention. The neighborhood would've talked about it behind their back in whispers.

Taboo subjects were just pushed behind closed doors.

With all due respect, I think you are just hearing about these stories more. People have always been pushy, aggressive, manipulative, cruel, etc, etc.

This belief of civility at some romantic period in time shows they were dealing with the same probelms. Abusive and neglectful parents are nothing new. Even the town bully with a son on a baseball team, or a child who can never live up to those expectations.

The only thing new, is the media reporting, and people considering it a subject worth debate. In the 50's version of this story. The other soccer mom would've just picked up the neighbor's daughter and returned her without police intervention. The neighborhood would've talked about it behind their back in whispers.

Taboo subjects were just pushed behind closed doors.

I think you are right.

In the middle ages, the daughter would have been just told what she needed to do, to ensure the family's success.

Same for many any other era.

Hmm....

I have pressed my own child in T-ball when he used to play. He'd run amazingly slow where I saw him run faster than that before. I hate to admit it, but I think his pants were too tight for him to run fast! I'm definiitely one of those guys that screams foul at the refs for bad calls though...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosebud79922
Back