NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father) #2

The ring doorbell
Ring #AlwaysHome

and Chance walking, the Jeep soon passes. Does it have anything to do with the case? Idk.
Interesting. Do we know if those drivers have been identified? Do we know any major players in this case that had a similar vehicle?
This is quite a find.

Amateur opinion and speculation

They need to consult with Othram. They are experts at obtaining DNA when it seems impossible.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Just the kind of case we like. If anyone has a contact, we would be happy to reach out or law enforcement can always reach us at solve@othram.com.

Just the kind of case we like. If anyone has a contact, we would be happy to reach out or law enforcement can always reach us at solve@othram.com.
The lead investigator is Brian Eads - Gering P.D. (308)436-5088
Scotts Bluff P.D. is involved as well (308)630-6261; not sure who is handling the testing of the human bone.

Here is an article about the human bone and a fragment of cloth found with it:
Melbeta man setting up goose blind finds human arm bone near North Platte River

Thank you @othram! If anyone can help, it's you Earth Angels!

-Roses

The lead investigator is Brian Eads - Gering P.D. (308)436-5088
Scotts Bluff P.D. is involved as well (308)630-6261; not sure who is handling the testing of the human bone.

Here is an article about the human bone and a fragment of cloth found with it:
Melbeta man setting up goose blind finds human arm bone near North Platte River

Thank you @othram! If anyone can help, it's you Earth Angels!

-Roses
According to the article, Scott’s Bluff County Sheriff Mark Overman is handling the bone. His email is moverman@scottsbluffcounty.org if othram would like to contact him that way.

Update: The sheriff doesn’t believe the bone belongs to Chance Bone Found In Nebraska Likely Not That Of Missing Moorcroft Man | Cowboy State Daily
From the article:

The bone had initially been sent to the University of Nebraska crime lab for a DNA analysis of the bone marrow, but due to the age and condition of the bone, which had been under water, the lab was unable to complete the testing, according to Scotts Bluff County Sheriff Mark Overman.

It has since been sent to a lab at a Florida university for testing, Overman said. No estimate has been provided as to when the testing might be completed, he added.

Given the location of the bone downstream on the North Platte River, Overman said his department identified two potential missing persons the bone might have come from, Englebert and Walter “Gene” Patterson-Black.

The color of the piece of clothing found near the bone, however, bears a closer match that reportedly worn by Patterson-Black — not the blue shirt Englebert was wearing at the time he was last seen.

But Melbeta is in the complete opposite direction he told Matt he was going. Chance said was on foot headed west towards Torrington, and Melbeta is to the east, closer to Bayard and his in-laws

He could've been intoxicated enough to not realize which direction he was heading. About 5 years back, I got *so* drunk I could not find my way back to a friend's house from a bar two blocks away. I got totally lost. Not a fun time. I'm bad with directions anyway though lol.

The Ring doorbell footage is VERY VERY interesting to me. Best piece of evidence they have I think. I truly believe, find who owns the vehicle, find who knows what happens to Chance. It wouldn't surprise me if the jeep was owned by someone *very* close to the case who was near Chance earlier in the day. :/

He could've been intoxicated enough to not realize which direction he was heading. About 5 years back, I got *so* drunk I could not find my way back to a friend's house from a bar two blocks away. I got totally lost. Not a fun time. I'm bad with directions anyway though lol.

The Ring doorbell footage is VERY VERY interesting to me. Best piece of evidence they have I think. I truly believe, find who owns the vehicle, find who knows what happens to Chance. It wouldn't surprise me if the jeep was owned by someone *very* close to the case who was near Chance earlier in the day. :/
Matt has said when he spoke to Chance, he didn’t seem drunk, just irritated. Chance wanted to go home and in all the videos I’ve seen, Chance isn’t walking like he’s drunk… His general direction of travel also suggests he was trying to head to Torrington IMO

Disappeared After Argument

Englebert, then 25, was visiting Baylee’s family in Gering, Nebraska, over the Fourth of July weekend with their son.

During a golf outing with his father-in-law and other members of his wife’s family, Englebert had reportedly gotten into an argument over a new job he’d recently accepted after being laid off from a coal mine in Gillette.

There are varying accounts about the nature of the argument or how much the group had been drinking, but in the end, Englebert was upset and called Baylee to come get him. He told her he wanted to return to Wyoming.

While at Baylee’s grandparent’s house, the couple allegedly got into an argument about him wanting to leave, causing Chance to walk off and ask a friend in Pine Haven to ask for a ride to Moorcroft. That friend was hours away from Gering and was not able to get there, so Englebert then started walking toward Torrington, about 35 miles away.

While walking, Englebert called his friend and Baylee to inform them of his plan. He was last spotted on surveillance footage walking in downtown Gering.

The last communication with Chance was around 9 p.m., when he sent a text message with incomprehensible jumble of numbers and emojis to his aunt, a red flag for his mother Dawn, who said that her son never used emojis.

Despite a massive search involving 17 law enforcement agencies, drones, divers, cadaver dogs and hundreds of volunteers on foot, horseback and ATVs – as well as several searches led by friends over the past two years between Gering and Torrington – Chance remains missing.
Former Legislator, Private Investigators Tracking Case of Missing Moorcroft Man | Cowboy State Daily

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tattooed_crybaby22
Back