NE NE - Corrie Wood, 28, Grant, 20 September 2008 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, well if it is just someone trying to get the focus off of Scott they seem really desperate to do so

hmm, well if it is just someone trying to get the focus off of Scott they seem really desperate to do so

That is what I thought too. They are pointing the finger at the female who took Corrie home without saying it out loud. I think we would have heard if Scott has been cleared. The city police handed the case over to someone else which is a good thing since there hadn't been a murder in the town in 22 years. They probably didn't know up from down.

This case has severely peaked my interest. I first read about Corrie and her story on Steve Huff's site -- I had emailed Steve with an inquiring mind about a few things going on with the message board but did not hear back from him.

Today, he has shut down the comments section on the Corrie thread. There are plenty of different posters - one claiming to be the girl who drove Corrie home, another defending the girl who drove her home -- and some really eerie comments from some unstable types. Even one claiming to be the boyfriend.

I still can't get over the post about someone claiming to have washed her sheets but when the stains didn't come out - they threw them away.

I agree with what one of the PP said -- happy to have gone to another agency.

It really interests me, too, but I can hardly find any information in the news. Very frustrating.

This case has severely peaked my interest. I first read about Corrie and her story on Steve Huff's site -- I had emailed Steve with an inquiring mind about a few things going on with the message board but did not hear back from him.

Today, he has shut down the comments section on the Corrie thread. There are plenty of different posters - one claiming to be the girl who drove Corrie home, another defending the girl who drove her home -- and some really eerie comments from some unstable types. Even one claiming to be the boyfriend.

I still can't get over the post about someone claiming to have washed her sheets but when the stains didn't come out - they threw them away.

I agree with what one of the PP said -- happy to have gone to another agency.

NSC, I apologize for not responding. Probably just a little overwhelmed -- True Crime Report is a paid job, so it isn't like the blogging I did before (as opposed to the news writing I did for Crime Library or Radar) -- there's a lot of upkeep, just putting fresh posts on the blog.

I shut down the comments there because people were making allegations and insulting one another. The discussion was seeming less and less related to the actual case, and people were essentially fighting with each other. Got the feeling some of them were people who knew each other offline or something and they were using those comments to just argue. So I shut it down -- blogs aren't message boards, so when I sense that comment thread might go crazy, as it did there, it doesn't bother me at all to just stop it. I used to feel differently, but that was probably 2-3 years ago.

Glad you all are discussing it here, though.

Steve

Has anyone heard this or is it just rumor from the friends of Corrie on Steve Huff's site?

no longer home said:
don't know if any of you heard but scott was cleared. They stated that the beatings Corrie received were too small for Scott to have done it. They suspect it was a woman...

Might just be someone trying to get the focus off Scott and onto the female that gave Corrie a ride home that night. I'm going to look in the search engines and see if I can come up with anything.

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forumid=122532&threadid=1938332

All I found was this site that said that the autopsy shows that Corrie died of blows to the head and body.

Just wanted to clear a few things up, this talk about Scott being cleared is NOT true. Rumor seems to fly big time in small communities and this is the case here. Scott has not been cleared at all he just has not been arrested...yet...I hope that this is all cleared up VERY soon because without knowing the answers this will never have any closure. Corrie's cause of death was multiple blows to the head and body, and the final autopsy results are still pending. I have some new info about Scott that I just heard today but I'm not sure if I want to bring that up just yet. I have a lot of solid information about this case so if anyone has any questions I will do my best to clear that up for them.

Steve,

Thanks for the response - don't worry I don't hold you accountable, we all have to make a living. I agree that the slinging was wild, I was overly curious at the IP addresses -- with such bizarre posts and claims I would have sat down and tried to piece a puzzle.

DK,

Thanks for the information - I did not think the boyfriend was cleared. I assume it is one of the same people defending him on Steve's website that made that comment. I don't want to make any accusations but my money is that he is the person responsible for this poor girls death. Then again, I could be wrong but with so little information released to the public there isn't much to go on. After carefully looking at her myspace, the actual confirmed facts known, and the banter on Steve's site with so many defending him and some not -- this is where I make my hypothesis.

NSC,

Were you talking to me?? Sorry I am a little confused, I just got registered on this site today and don't know my way around too much. I had to get on here though because there was so much that was being said that isn't true and I had to clear some things up.

Hi,

Yes, I was thanking you for the info.

I wrote Dk but should have been DJK -- Sorry!!!

Would love to hear what info you have if you are comfortable sharing.

Just wanted to clear a few things up, this talk about Scott being cleared is NOT true. Rumor seems to fly big time in small communities and this is the case here. Scott has not been cleared at all he just has not been arrested...yet...I hope that this is all cleared up VERY soon because without knowing the answers this will never have any closure. Corrie's cause of death was multiple blows to the head and body, and the final autopsy results are still pending. I have some new info about Scott that I just heard today but I'm not sure if I want to bring that up just yet. I have a lot of solid information about this case so if anyone has any questions I will do my best to clear that up for them.

Please post all the solid information you have. The new info you heard about Scott, too, if you think it would help.

I can't wait until all of this is solved and put to a close. Loosing Corrie has been such a huge impact on so many people and then to find out that she was murdered just put a new perspective on everything. I still just can't believe that she is gone. The evil person who did this did more than take Corrie's life, they took Kyleigh's mommy away forever. Kyleigh did not do anything, she is just a 4 year old beautiful little girl who has to live without her mommy now and not understand why. At least she has her daddy and they need eachother more than anything right now. Kyleigh's dad is the best thing that ever happened to Corrie and vise versa they were together FOREVER. They had their differences and parted ways but Kyleigh's dad never stopped loving Corrie and I can tell you that for a fact! I can't help but to say that if she would have just stayed where she belonged this would have never happened!!

Corrie and Scott were at a bar in Venango, Ne where Corrie wanted to go home but Scott did not. A female from Venango took Corrie home. The local law enforcement should have not touched anything and should have called in Nebraska State Patrol in the very first place, there has not been anything like this to happen in this area for 22 years so they are not trained for this type of thing. At first this was not a homicide investigation so the house was released and it never should have been, big mistake. Friends did go in and wash and throw away sheets, and that NEVER should have happened. Corrie's cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head and body and we are still waiting to get the rest of the autopsy back.

There has been a big uproar about someone logging into Corrie's MySpace profile and deleting comments and friends and that has been comfirmed that it is Scott doing it. He openly admitted that he deleted a certain friend, and proceeded to tell this friend that Corrie didn't like her and care about her. He has no right in the world to do this sort of thing and just brings out his guilt even more. A couple of people have recieved disturbing messages from Scott coming from Corrie's profile.

All I can do is just hope and pray everyday that they will get to the bottom of this SOON!! I hope that this has helped get a little better understanding of portions of the situation...

Well, DJK, you post has certainly reinforced the opinion I already have formed. Thanks for sharing the info.

I can't wait until all of this is solved and put to a close. Loosing Corrie has been such a huge impact on so many people and then to find out that she was murdered just put a new perspective on everything. I still just can't believe that she is gone. The evil person who did this did more than take Corrie's life, they took Kyleigh's mommy away forever. Kyleigh did not do anything, she is just a 4 year old beautiful little girl who has to live without her mommy now and not understand why. At least she has her daddy and they need eachother more than anything right now. Kyleigh's dad is the best thing that ever happened to Corrie and vise versa they were together FOREVER. They had their differences and parted ways but Kyleigh's dad never stopped loving Corrie and I can tell you that for a fact! I can't help but to say that if she would have just stayed where she belonged this would have never happened!!

Corrie and Scott were at a bar in Venango, Ne where Corrie wanted to go home but Scott did not. A female from Venango took Corrie home. The local law enforcement should have not touched anything and should have called in Nebraska State Patrol in the very first place, there has not been anything like this to happen in this area for 22 years so they are not trained for this type of thing. At first this was not a homicide investigation so the house was released and it never should have been, big mistake. Friends did go in and wash and throw away sheets, and that NEVER should have happened. Corrie's cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head and body and we are still waiting to get the rest of the autopsy back.

There has been a big uproar about someone logging into Corrie's MySpace profile and deleting comments and friends and that has been comfirmed that it is Scott doing it. He openly admitted that he deleted a certain friend, and proceeded to tell this friend that Corrie didn't like her and care about her. He has no right in the world to do this sort of thing and just brings out his guilt even more. A couple of people have recieved disturbing messages from Scott coming from Corrie's profile.

All I can do is just hope and pray everyday that they will get to the bottom of this SOON!! I hope that this has helped get a little better understanding of portions of the situation...

wow that's insane...i mean yeah they haven't had a murder to deal w/ in over 20 years...but anyone who's even watched the crime type shows on tv knows... "you don't touch anything"...yikes....
this is sure going to make things harder...
and geez what's up w/ the bf???? those things only make him look more controlling and more guilty...
i might have missed something, but where was her daughter that night?

It is my understanding that the little girl was with her father...thank God.

I think that Scott's behavior is way out there. Just the fact that Corrie's parents didn't want him at her service tells me a lot. If he did this he will be caught. I really wish people would have left everything alone in the house. If Corrie was beaten about the head and body how could LE not know that it was a homicide???? They can't be that backward can they? When you see someone dead and in that condition you have to know that it wasn't a natural death. Where did they think the blood came from. I don't understand this at all. I wonder if Scott was one of the people that helped clean up?

I also wonder why Scott and the female that took Corrie home were in contact with each other off and on all night? If that is the truth of course.

Hopfully this case will be resolved soon. Now that LE that know what they are doing has the case.

I just attempted to post 3 paragraphs -- and I was logged out!! Ugh!!! I will come back to this shortly!!!

Hello NSC,

If it takes very long for you to write a message, just highlight and copy the text before you submit it. If you find that you have been logged out, just log back in, click to do a message, then paste your text in the message and submit it again.

Wrinkles

Thanks Wrinkles! If I had better judgement I would have done that, I really do know better!!!

DJK,

I want to start out by saying, I am very sorry for your loss. Corrie looked like a beautiful person with a big heart. I am sure there will be a void in all of your hearts to loose such a person to this kind of tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with all those victimized by this horrific crime.

If you read Steve Huff's site, there was quite an uproar regarding the myspace comments being deleted. My thoughts quickly went to the boyfriend being the person behind this. Thanks for confirming, DJK. When I think of an abusive relationship, I think of control and having control is usually in the neighborhood of passwords to email addresses, myspace type sites, voicemails etc etc... Not to far fetched to think he would be the one behind this. This type of behavior, sending out threatning messages to Corrie's "friends" where they have to question their own saftey is pretty scary stuff and sounds like the act of ones guilt and rage issues (Steve Huffs site) -

I didn't want to post my complete opinion on Steves site -- it was pretty heated in the sense that there were so many people sticking up for the BF - they sounded desperate to let everyone know how much the couple loved one another, which means nothing these days. For me, I could hear this persons voice in their postings, very determined for people to think the BF is innocent. A tone of unstability. Then posts stating the BF was cleared, starting rumors.

After reviewing the myspace page and pictures, two things were clear to me. One, I could see this lady loved her child more than anything. Two, her boyfriend did not look as invested as she was in their relationship. I am no body language expert but she was the person reaching out to him in most all the pictures. No smiles from him, he looks like a statue. People were very defensive over his tatoos, and I will leave those out of my opinion because they are not what did it for me. Last, if you look at one of the captions of the photos, it says "scotts better side" -- what was his other side?? Clearly, people have stated he has a violent past and he has served time in prison. Very suspicious.

I am appalled at the way this case was handled by LE - I only hope this get resolved quickly for the family's sake and the right person is put away. Someone, with such anger issues that takes it out on the life of an innocent lady, deserves to rot.

Well, DJK, you post has certainly reinforced the opinion I already have formed. Thanks for sharing the info.

Your welcome, with so many rumors flying around I just had to get some things cleared up!! :)

wow that's insane...i mean yeah they haven't had a murder to deal w/ in over 20 years...but anyone who's even watched the crime type shows on tv knows... "you don't touch anything"...yikes....
this is sure going to make things harder...
and geez what's up w/ the bf???? those things only make him look more controlling and more guilty...
i might have missed something, but where was her daughter that night?

Yes it's too bad that they didn't handle the situation right from the first moments. And most definitly yes the boyfriend acting out like this and doing these things just make him eveb guiltier than before. And just to confirm Corrie's daughter was with her Father that night, thankfully it was his weekend to have her, and that is why they went out to celebrate her birthday early is because she would not have Kyleigh that weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark