NE NE - Corrie Wood, 28, Grant, 20 September 2008 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW-GREAT WORK ON EVERYTHING YOU HAVE BEEN POSTING NSC-YOUR HARD WORK IS APPRECIATED ALONG WITH OTHERS...

The white-supremecy, jail buddies and other contacts are most likely why others remain quiet as well-scary.

If it is in fact a conspiracy then it is only a matter of time. Imagine living the rest of your life in fear, hiding a secret out of fear or protection...this isn't something that the human mind is capable of processing for very long(unless you have trained it...i.e. scott). It is not something that just goes away either, this is a secret that will eat at a persons soul.

pokerchips had mentioned search warrants and said (this may or may not be a direct quote - I'd put it in my notes while reading the thread...)

Oct 9th, it listed search warrants issued. Two were for West 6th in Grant, which is the street Corrie was found on. These were issued Sept 23. at 11:25am. Three more were issued at the same time. Two on Lincoln Ave, which is the street the Court House is located on, and one for a vacant farmstead about a mile southeast of Grant. Don't know if they had anything to do with anything, but being issued at the same time makes one wonder. I am also wondering if they were issued to the Nebr State Patrol, as it doesn't say. Just speculation again. I guess I should state the vacant farmstead is nothing more than a couple fallen down buildings on a grass area.

So my questions/observations are: does anyone know if the SW's have been sealed or mentioned at all by local LE or media? I find the vacant farmstead especially interesting, but I'd love to see what was obtained via the warrants.

Has it been established that the residence was where Corrie was killed? The lack of blood is really the only reason I'm questioning it. Based on the description of the events of the night it sounds like S came home in a very foul mood fortified by alcohol and most likey attacked Corrie then and there. He had way too much to lose if she decided to leave him (the business, vehicles, etc).

So they were fighting, they'd been drinking, S would be left without much of anything if they split, he'd abused Corrie in the past and he has a well documented history of violence. All of that tends to point to him as being the main POI, at least IMO.

I do agree that it sounds like he either had help or *more likely* has people covering for him and perhaps giving him an alibi. And the bottom line is that if LE gets enough evidence to charge him for murder, those people who might be afraid of him and covering for him out of fear are going to be charged with being accessories.

hmmmm... personally, I think I'd rather help LE than take the chance of being locked up with him for life... but that's just me....

Hi Everyone! I have some catching up to do here! I was admitted to the hospital for a severe infection and I am just now getting home.

I have read the new posts and I agree that there is a high probability that there is a conspiracy going on here. Scott's friends seem that they would have no problem giving a false alibi they are very quick to defend him. O am also afraid that they would be willing to lie to LE and possibly try to make the evidence point to someone else in Corrie's death.

If scott was abole to send threatening messages from Corrie's messages he would certainly be have no problem threatening harm to people involved in this case. I do not feel that anyone in connection with this man is safe.

maconrich I have read that Scott and Corrie were getting ready for a move. I am wondering if the vacant farmstead was to be the home that they were moving into? I had read that it was possible that Scott said he slept at their new home that evening instead instead of going home but I am not sure if this is true information

Wow - I can't imagine people knowingly covering up for this . But then again, he does seem to have a violent past and it's a small town. Even if someone were to spill their guts anonymously, the people who were there that night will have to testify at trial. Never been faced with this situation, but I'd like to think the townspeople would stand together to get a murderer off the streets of their community. There is power in numbers and if Scott killed Corrie, he's nothing more than a two-bit bully.

Lorin - so sorry to hear you were that sick - hope you are 100% soon!

Maconrich - The only place I have heard about the search warrants was on here. At least a few times a week I google the news reports on this case and there has been not a word mentioned about the SWs. Last thing was about a month ago saying there were no tips to the NSP tip line.

If it is a consipiracy (and you guys are really selling me on that point!), the good thing is that people suck at keeping secrets, sooner or later someone will tell someone. If you want a secret kept for life no one but yourself should know the secret. And then you still have a hard time keeping that secret to yourself! lol

That is just human nature.....

Wow - I can't imagine people knowingly covering up for this . But then again, he does seem to have a violent past and it's a small town. Even if someone were to spill their guts anonymously, the people who were there that night will have to testify at trial. Never been faced with this situation, but I'd like to think the townspeople would stand together to get a murderer off the streets of their community. There is power in numbers and if Scott killed Corrie, he's nothing more than a two-bit bully.

Skidmore Missouri handled their "situation" by banding together. http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/classics/ken_mcelroy/index.html

Maybe Grant can be inspired by the story. (Im not advocating violence, Im just sayin bullies can be dealt with........)

Lorin - so sorry to hear you were that sick - hope you are 100% soon!

Maconrich - The only place I have heard about the search warrants was on here. At least a few times a week I google the news reports on this case and there has been not a word mentioned about the SWs. Last thing was about a month ago saying there were no tips to the NSP tip line.

If it is a consipiracy (and you guys are really selling me on that point!), the good thing is that people suck at keeping secrets, sooner or later someone will tell someone. If you want a secret kept for life no one but yourself should know the secret. And then you still have a hard time keeping that secret to yourself! lol

That is just human nature.....

The Search Warrant info was published in the local paper, The Tribune Sentinal, under Court House news. It is a small paper and does not have all the articles on it's web page. Sorry I do not have the date of that paper. Has since been thrown away.

After re-reading maconrich post, the date of the paper is listed as Oct 9th. Didn't catch that so need to clarify.

maconrich I have read that Scott and Corrie were getting ready for a move. I am wondering if the vacant farmstead was to be the home that they were moving into? I had read that it was possible that Scott said he slept at their new home that evening instead instead of going home but I am not sure if this is true information

Since the warrants were brought up, I have also now wondered if the address that was given was the wrong road. The new house on the edge of Grant would be the 328 1/2 they were talking about, but is on Hwy 23. This might explain why I thought it was a vacant farmstead to start with, as it was listed as 328 1/2- Road 759. 759 is a dirt road about 3/4 south of Hwy 23.

I also think that people who might know something are afraid to say anything. I have yet to hear of no leads being called in to LE or CrimeStoppers, etc. They always get calls even if they are whacky ones. I wonder if Scott is involved with these groups or if he is just blowing hot air? Groups like the skin heads, etc. I have no doubt that he has threatened people but who his ties are is yet to be proven as fact. I think he is probably the type who talks big to seem important. He says that he has changed but if he is going around threatening people then that means he hasn't changed one tiny bit. If he killed Corrie he should step up to the plate, be a man and turn himself in. And these rear end kissers who are writing all of that stuff should stop it. If they know anything they should talk to LE on the sly. If they have to testify at a trial he will be going right from the trial to prison. He won't be able to hurt anyone. If I knew that my friend murdered someone I couldn't not say anything. It would eat me alive. I wouldn't cover for anyone anyway no matter who they were to me.

This info came from someone else, and I am waiting on an obit. There was a woman named Sherrie Lynn Akin who once shared an address with Scott and his brother Ron. Sherrie died at a very young age in 1998.

Does anyone have any other information about Sherrie Lynn Akin?

Alice Maenza, 66

OCEANSIDE -- Alice M. Maenza, 66, died Tuesday, May 31, 2005, at her home.

Born Oct. 17, 1938, in North Adams, Mass., she lived in Oceanside for three years. She was a Grand Mum for the Sunshine Gals Red Hat Society.

She was a member of the Tri-City Computer Club, and past president of the Southern California Song Writers Guild.

She was a past volunteer coordinator for the Warsaw Hospice in Warsaw, Mo. She was of the Catholic faith.

Mrs. Maenza was preceded in death by her mother, Doris Ryan, in 2001; father William LaFountain in 1999; and daughter Sherrie Lynn Akin in 1998.She is survived by her husband of 36 years, Charles Maenza of Oceanside; sons and daughter-in-law Charles A. and Kim Maenza of Brimfield, Ill., and Anthony C. Maenza of Berkeley; daughters and sons-in-law Cynthia and Timothy Lamm and Aimee Cloud, all of Lincoln, Neb., Heidi Akin of Anaheim, and Lorraine and Timm Harte of Portland, Ore.; brother and sister-in-law Robert and Naeoja Ryan of Westminster; brother-in-law Edward Gay of Reno, Nev.; grandchildren Jamie, Kenny, Micael, Trinity, Cassandra, Sam, Nekko and Leah; and five great-grandchildren.

A memorial and reception is scheduled from 3 to 5 p.m. today, June 4, at Emerald Lake Village Club House.

A private cremation is planned.

The family suggests donations to the Cancer Centers of America, P.O. Box 11264, Fresno, CA 93772-1264.

Oceanside Mortuary is handling arrangements.

This is the obit of Sherrie Lynn's mother. Sherrie died August 12,1998.

How lucky for the murderer of Corrie Wood, I am laid up with the flu or food poisoning!!! Hence, my absence. I have more info to research and study but it's hard when the computer is turning in 8 different directions. Just wanted to say keep up all the good work everyone!! With ALL of our help, we will find justice for Corrie, her family and her precious little girl!!

Spector, I have not been able to come up with any info on Sherrie. I found it very strange that I cannot even find an obit have you had any luck?

Also, is there a link to the detail on the search warrants? Does anyone know what items if any were taken from the locations by LE?

LorinMarie - No, I have not. I got her death date from SS Death Index, but not the town she died in. On Zabasearch I found addresses for her in Lincoln, NE and CO. The infor about her came from NSC. That chick is good. For the longest time, I have focused on things in my immediate area, and honestly I am just learning how to find things in other states.

The Lincoln Journal Star's obit archives only go back 90 days. I have entered her name into background check websites, and come up with some relative's names, but haven't found much out. She died ten years ago, so it is possible I am hitting on another Sherrie L. Akin, but that name seems kind of unique. How many could there have been in Lincoln?

Another thing to keep in mind: The only had a common address. We don't know if they lived at that address at the same time.

LorinMarie - No, I have not. I got her death date from SS Death Index, but not the town she died in. On Zabasearch I found addresses for her in Lincoln, NE and CO. The infor about her came from NSC. That chick is good. For the longest time, I have focused on things in my immediate area, and honestly I am just learning how to find things in other states.

The Lincoln Journal Star's obit archives only go back 90 days. I have entered her name into background check websites, and come up with some relative's names, but haven't found much out. She died ten years ago, so it is possible I am hitting on another Sherrie L. Akin, but that name seems kind of unique. How many could there have been in Lincoln?

Another thing to keep in mind: The only had a common address. We don't know if they lived at that address at the same time.

Thank You!! And yes NSC is amazing!! Is the Lincoln Journal the only paper in the area? Where I live obits usually appear in the Portsmouth herald and also the Fosters. If her death was under suspicious circumstances I would think I could have found a news article from 1998 but I am coming up with nothing at all.

Also is Scott's son's name Wyatt? I am trying to figure something out and I want to make sure I have the name right

Yes, Scott's son is named Wyatt. I checked a couple smaller newspapers, but they are really small and weren't any help at all. Since Sherrie's sister was from Lincoln and Sherrie had a couple addresses there, I was going on the assumption that she died in Lincoln.

I think we just need to call the family? WDYS?? I am to sick, so who is going to volunteer for me?? LOL - It will get us the answer the quickest. It's just that there isn't to many names on the prior address...I believe it is a two bedroom house, I could be mistaken my mind is cloudy - However, if him and Ronn lived there together they could have had a girlfriend or something living there as well. Or who knows what kind of stuff they were into back then...drugs...etc ... etc..

This is how is goes.

Ronn
Scott
Another female named Alicia Dreheir (sp?)
Sherrie Lynn Akin
then...two men with the same last name...who I put there at the same time..
I guess it could go either way but in any case it is totally suspicious.

Spector,

When I looked I believe I found two Sherrie Lynn Akins - One was our gal and one was not. Real helpful tonight, aren't I?? :crazy: Tomorrow, I can reverify.

I also found a Sherrie Lynne Akin, I think from Lincoln as well. I looked for the brothers and sisters on myspace, but none of them were there.

Has anyone one heard from anyone from Grant lately? MML and DJKBS have disappeared. I worry about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici