NE NE - Jason Jolkowski -19 - Omaha - 13 Jun 2001 - #4

Miss Ride was cleared by LE, she was spoken to extensively by them by all reports. She is a former schoolmate of JJs and offered to pick him up at the school or was asked to by their boss. It mustve been very difficult for her in the aftermath. WSer Tyler Matthew has looked into every aspect of this case over the years, and I agree that coincidences cannot be ruled out completely. IMO this was foul play due to someone along the route that JJ took, or in general vicinity that perhaps JJ had plans with that had to be cancelled.
I agree, and have said as much in my prior posts...namely that he stopped somewhere to say he wouldn't make it at the time set, so was stopping earlier.
For the employees, my point was to keep all avenues open. Awful situation all the way around.

I really wish we knew more about these evening walks that JJ was taking. It's possible they were completely inncocent and just that; walks. But it also sounds suspiciously like something you might tell a parent who wouldn't be impressed to know where you were really going.
I get the impression that these were a fairly recent addition to JJ's routine. A new addition to any missing person's routine immediately makes me feel there is a connection to the disappearance; but that's just me.
Where did he go; was it always the same route? How long were these walks? Who saw him? What time did he usually go on them; was it always the same time? When did he start this new activity? When did he first take an interest in his fitness?

I really wish we knew more about these evening walks that JJ was taking. It's possible they were completely inncocent and just that; walks. But it also sounds suspiciously like something you might tell a parent who wouldn't be impressed to know where you were really going.
I get the impression that these were a fairly recent addition to JJ's routine. A new addition to any missing person's routine immediately makes me feel there is a connection to the disappearance; but that's just me.
Where did he go; was it always the same route? How long were these walks? Who saw him? What time did he usually go on them; was it always the same time? When did he start this new activity? When did he first take an interest in his fitness?
Yes, all we seem to know is that the walks were fairly recent, so Im guessing a few months or so. I suppose it doesnt matter how many months, but it is good to know they were recent. His mom has contributed to this thread in the past, and Im guessing it was his parents that gave this info. at some point. Awhile back, I looked at the area surrounding their home more closely, and there were several parks, etc. where he couldve walked. But yes, you bring up a good point, it was a definite change in his regular routine and could mean something as far as his disappearance.

there were several parks, etc. where he couldve walked
That's a good point. HE could have walked to the park, but met someone who came by car, which would considerably widen the suspect pool. But it still feels like he walked somewhere local to see someone/do something local. If the former, perhaps they usually met in the park (the time would help here as to whether it was dark; as well as rough estimate of how long he was gone). But that particular day Jason, in a hurry and with a change of plans, stopped by someone's house/workplace. Maybe that was a no-no and sealed his fate, or he interrupted something he shouldn't have seen. It would make sense if there were clandestine meetings between JJ and whoever, they agreed to stay off of cell phones/email to communicate.

Even if Fazoli's didn't deliver (and Jason didn't use his car to do so), he would have had the ability to take food home. Was he known to do that in the neighborhood? More like being a nice guy for shut-ins or the elderly, rather than delivery. So instead of it being strange that no one saw him, he was actually out and about so much that it wouldn't jog someone's memory?

That's a good point. HE could have walked to the park, but met someone who came by car, which would considerably widen the suspect pool. But it still feels like he walked somewhere local to see someone/do something local. If the former, perhaps they usually met in the park (the time would help here as to whether it was dark; as well as rough estimate of how long he was gone). But that particular day Jason, in a hurry and with a change of plans, stopped by someone's house/workplace. Maybe that was a no-no and sealed his fate, or he interrupted something he shouldn't have seen. It would make sense if there were clandestine meetings between JJ and whoever, they agreed to stay off of cell phones/email to communicate.

Even if Fazoli's didn't deliver (and Jason didn't use his car to do so), he would have had the ability to take food home. Was he known to do that in the neighborhood? More like being a nice guy for shut-ins or the elderly, rather than delivery. So instead of it being strange that no one saw him, he was actually out and about so much that it wouldn't jog someone's memory?
Fazoli’s is a dine in only restaurant, no delivery.

One thing I never considered until the 20 year memorial service at Roberts Park, was that JJ might have connections at that park. I had not known that he was a skate board enthusiast.

This park is located about 5 min from Fazzoli's and is a bit off of the street along the Keystone Trail and Papio Creek. It is accessed by the trail or by a long gravel road. I used to live in that neighborhood for a few years and can tell you that we had trouble with the homeless camping in the wooded areas near that park.

I'm just trying to think, in my head, of places JJ could have accountancies that only he knew about, and this is another one to add to the list. (if we haven't already)

One thing I never considered until the 20 year memorial service at Roberts Park, was that JJ might have connections at that park. I had not known that he was a skate board enthusiast.

This park is located about 5 min from Fazzoli's and is a bit off of the street along the Keystone Trail and Papio Creek. It is accessed by the trail or by a long gravel road. I used to live in that neighborhood for a few years and can tell you that we had trouble with the homeless camping in the wooded areas near that park.

I'm just trying to think, in my head, of places JJ could have accountancies that only he knew about, and this is another one to add to the list. (if we haven't already)
I never knew he was a skateboard enthusiast! But being you were at the memorial service, I assume that is where you heard that. I assume JJ had a skateboard then, and wonder if the long walks included taking his skateboard with him (sidewalks) rather than just walking. Still, interesting.

Quite amazing that new facts like the skateboarding are still emerging! Just shows you how you never know every detail!
True! And I am still unclear as to exactly how the female coworker came to agree to pick up Jason at their former high school. Was she already at work, having just arrived there; or did Jason initiate that by calling her home. Im guessing that he wouldnt have imposed on her by calling her to ask for a ride, but rather she was already at work and chimed in to the boss that she would go meet Jason. Not sure though.

True! And I am still unclear as to exactly how the female coworker came to agree to pick up Jason at their former high school. Was she already at work, having just arrived there; or did Jason initiate that by calling her home. Im guessing that he wouldnt have imposed on her by calling her to ask for a ride, but rather she was already at work and chimed in to the boss that she would go meet Jason. Not sure though.
You know I never thought about that. I had always assumed (perhaps wrongly) that she was already at work and the boss arranged for her to pick JJ up.
When she later called JJs house to say he hadn't showed, was this back at Fazolis, or did she have a cellphone? Even if she did have a cell I wouldn't have thought she'd have his home number, I don't think they were that close were they?

I wonder who ended up working JJs shift. Since they were already so short staffed as to need him, plus the coworker was gone for like an hour picking JJ up, after JJ didn't show it seems they'd have been very low on staff. It's probably completely irrelevant but I'd be interested to know how many and who was in fact working that day and who called in sick.....

You know I never thought about that. I had always assumed (perhaps wrongly) that she was already at work and the boss arranged for her to pick JJ up.
When she later called JJs house to say he hadn't showed, was this back at Fazolis, or did she have a cellphone? Even if she did have a cell I wouldn't have thought she'd have his home number, I don't think they were that close were they?

I wonder who ended up working JJs shift. Since they were already so short staffed as to need him, plus the coworker was gone for like an hour picking JJ up, after JJ didn't show it seems they'd have been very low on staff. It's probably completely irrelevant but I'd be interested to know how many and who was in fact working that day and who called in sick.....
When he didn't show up at the high school, the coworker called Jason's house from a payphone across the street, I think a gas station or convenience store. They have CCTV of her making the call, iirc.
My understanding is how it went down was Jason was called into work by the manager, and he said he would come in early but would walk. Shortly after, the coworker called to arrange to pick him up, and they agreed on meeting up at the high school because she wasn't familiar with the neighborhood and, per Ms. Murphy, Jason wasn't good at directions. When he didn't show, the coworker called Jason's house from the payphone. I believe I read or heard Fazoli's called a couple of times that afternoon, looking for him. His father was first made aware he was a no show when he got home around 3-ish and took a call from Fazoli's. That comes from the Montel William's interview his parents gave in 2004.

I think the coworker did not have a cellphone with her, so she went to the gas station nearby to call the boss. From what I understand, it was the boss who called JJs house and talked to his younger brother.

When he didn't show up at the high school, the coworker called Jason's house from a payphone across the street, I think a gas station or convenience store. They have CCTV of her making the call, iirc.
My understanding is how it went down was Jason was called into work by the manager, and he said he would come in early but would walk. Shortly after, the coworker called to arrange to pick him up, and they agreed on meeting up at the high school because she wasn't familiar with the neighborhood and, per Ms. Murphy, Jason wasn't good at directions. When he didn't show, the coworker called Jason's house from the payphone. I believe I read or heard Fazoli's called a couple of times that afternoon, looking for him. His father was first made aware he was a no show when he got home around 3-ish and took a call from Fazoli's. That comes from the Montel William's interview his parents gave in 2004.
I thought it was the boss who the coworker called, at the local gas stn. And the boss called Jasons house. I have never heard that they have CCTV of her making the call!

I thought it was the boss who the coworker called, at the local gas stn. And the boss called Jasons house. I have never heard that they have CCTV of her making the call!
I think I heard it in a podcast where Ms. Murphy was interviewed. I can't remember which one. I don't listen to a lot of podcasts, so I'm going to start having to keep track of which ones I listen to for citations.

I was just considering the new information that Jason was into skateboarding. I wondered if it might possibly increase the suspect pool?
I had always been led to believe that Jason didn't have a great number of friends and was quite shy. But this information comes from his family. What if he actually did have some friends, ones he knew from skateboarding, who his family weren't even aware existed. Perhaps they wouldn't have approved so Jason never told them about these people.
I don't know how they'd be involved, or even why, but it raises the possibility that there were acquaintances in Jason's life that no one was aware of and that could have significance.

I would like to know how often and where he went skateboarding and also if he took his Skateboard with him on his evening strolls.....

This is all just theory and speculation btw. It's just something to consider is all.

I'm trying to find where I read that. If you Google "Jason Jolkowski Roberts Park", you will find all the local articles about the memorial, but I thought they picked the park because it was one of Jason's favorite places. (which was news to me in 2021.)

I guess the point isn't if he took his skateboard to work. If he was a regular at this park, he might have had a group of friends that we don't know about. Not sure it matters 23 years later or not.

The skateboard is likely a dead end. No one mentioned him taking it on the day he disappeared or talked about him taking it on his "long walks".
No, I didn't say he had it with him when he went missing. I doubt he would take it to work....
I said it opens the possibility that he was acquainted with other people, people who his family may have been completely unaware of at the time.

in this case, did we ever find out who the neighbour was and if they had/have a criminal record? my gut feeling is that this crime happened close. extremely close. i dont think jason would have made it far at all in terms of his walk. it seems likely that the further he walked,the chances of witnesses would go up

therefore...i recall a neighbour selling their house approx 2 weeks after jason went missing. police didnt investigate until 10 days after jason went missing, so within 4 days, a house is sold...and sold for approx 50% less than purchased?? odd at best... and when you look at the house, the house has/had a garage (someone on WS looked at it but couldnt confirm if the garage was built years ago or not) but my gut opinion is that the garage aspect doesnt matter too mcuh.... i am more interested in whomever lived there if they were A) a member of the local church (which had issues with sexual abuse and B) if the previous homeowner(s) had any run ins with the laws

i did some reading but theres very little apart from some vague posts on websleths saying that the neighbours were quizzed and let go... but 10 days to cover the crime/create a story/alibi and you have a nieghbour who sold up within days after police begin investigating

my 2 cents / gut feeling is: neighbour, extremely close proximity, possible church goer, opportunistic crime possibly based on knowing Jason was a vulnerable adult who was not likely to suspect anything or fight back / understand what was going on until it was too late

in this case, did we ever find out who the neighbour was and if they had/have a criminal record? my gut feeling is that this crime happened close. extremely close. i dont think jason would have made it far at all in terms of his walk. it seems likely that the further he walked,the chances of witnesses would go up

therefore...i recall a neighbour selling their house approx 2 weeks after jason went missing. police didnt investigate until 10 days after jason went missing, so within 4 days, a house is sold...and sold for approx 50% less than purchased?? odd at best... and when you look at the house, the house has/had a garage (someone on WS looked at it but couldnt confirm if the garage was built years ago or not) but my gut opinion is that the garage aspect doesnt matter too mcuh.... i am more interested in whomever lived there if they were A) a member of the local church (which had issues with sexual abuse and B) if the previous homeowner(s) had any run ins with the laws

i did some reading but theres very little apart from some vague posts on websleths saying that the neighbours were quizzed and let go... but 10 days to cover the crime/create a story/alibi and you have a nieghbour who sold up within days after police begin investigating

my 2 cents / gut feeling is: neighbour, extremely close proximity, possible church goer, opportunistic crime possibly based on knowing Jason was a vulnerable adult who was not likely to suspect anything or fight back / understand what was going on until it was too late
The neighbour who saw JJ bring in the trash cans is still living across the street, and is a kindly veteran who was cooperative with LE. He attended the last memoriam get-together for Jason at a local park, and was interviewed on camera in a heart warming conversation. As far as other neighbours, the ones with criminal records, especially SA ones, were all interviewed but being it was ten days after JJ went missing, I can see why nothing came of it. As far as the neighbour who had sold up, it has been explained in past posts as unlikely anything to do with JJs disappearance. Perhaps WSer MatthewTyler can refresh our memories as to the info about that, as he has followed this case closely for longer than many here. Or read all the previous posts. :)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back