NE NE - Jason Jolkowski -19 - Omaha - 13 Jun 2001 - #4

The neighbour who saw JJ bring in the trash cans is still living across the street, and is a kindly veteran who was cooperative with LE. He attended the last memoriam get-together for Jason at a local park, and was interviewed on camera in a heart warming conversation. As far as other neighbours, the ones with criminal records, especially SA ones, were all interviewed but being it was ten days after JJ went missing, I can see why nothing came of it. As far as the neighbour who had sold up, it has been explained in past posts as unlikely anything to do with JJs disappearance. Perhaps WSer MatthewTyler can refresh our memories as to the info about that, as he has followed this case closely for longer than many here. Or read all the previous posts. :)
i did read all previous posts but couldn't see anything specifically saying that the neighbour (the one who moved away and sold house at 50% loss) was proven innocent. 'unlikely' isn't proof that he had nothing to do with JJ's disappearance.

I think its also very important that just because someone is a 'kindly veteran' or 'cooperative' we dont exclude them. of course, maybe it really isn't them, but many if not most killers appear nice and friendly and many even cooperate with police (this isn't me saying that this specific neighbour had anything to do with it of course, but just saying, a nice smile doesnt get you off the hook).

Last edited:
i did read all previous posts but couldn't see anything specifically saying that the neighbour (the one who moved away and sold house at 50% loss) was proven innocent. 'unlikely' isn't proof that he had nothing to do with JJ's disappearance.

I think its also very important that just because someone is a 'kindly veteran' or 'cooperative' we dont exclude them. of course, maybe it really isn't them, but many if not most killers appear nice and friendly and many even cooperate with police (this isn't me saying that this specific neighbour had anything to do with it of course, but just saying, a nice smile doesnt get you off the hook).
No the neighbour who moved was not proven innocent by LE. Several posters here who are longtimers may be able to fill you in on the neighbour who moved. I forget all the info myself. As for kindly veteran or whatever, yes I totally agree with you that that type of person can be guilty of a crime! As for the witness neighbour across the street, I dont recall the details, only that there is positive feedback about him. Help me here, WSer Matthew Tyler or the other former good neighbour of JJs who posts here. :)

Last edited:
Neighbour discussion on this thread, courtesy of studebkr

"So he was last seen taking the trash cans into his house and a neighbor saw him do that," said Say. "His brother also looked out the window and saw him walking in the direction toward Benson. And he was never seen from or heard from again."

Chester Link said he's that neighbor who saw Jolkowski walking toward the high school. He believes he could be one of the last people to see him that day.''

Neighbour discussion on this thread, courtesy of studebkr

"So he was last seen taking the trash cans into his house and a neighbor saw him do that," said Say. "His brother also looked out the window and saw him walking in the direction toward Benson. And he was never seen from or heard from again."

Chester Link said he's that neighbor who saw Jolkowski walking toward the high school. He believes he could be one of the last people to see him that day.''
Thanks studebkr I knew you were the other neighbour that lived behind the Jolkowskis, just didnt recall proper spelling of your name :) Im also trying to recall if we knew which exact route JJ used to take to school, and up which streets he wouldve most likely taken on the day he went missing. A map showing it would be good to bring forward by someone as things get left behind in thread.

Thanks studebkr I knew you were the other neighbour that lived behind the Jolkowskis, just didnt recall proper spelling of your name :) Im also trying to recall if we knew which exact route JJ used to take to school, and up which streets he wouldve most likely taken on the day he went missing. A map showing it would be good to bring forward by someone as things get left behind in thread.
that's what I was hoping to see, a map of the exact route that JJ took. that would be a massive help

ok, so lets approach this with a fresh mind/outlook. ive attached an (unconfirmed map) of jasons 10-15 min (0.5 mile walk) to benson high school

June 13, 2001 was a wednesday, which makes me think the the individual(s) who took Jason weren't at work/retired/day off etc this may narrow down the pool somewhat

Also attached a screenshot of the church jason attended, which was a 15 minute walk in the opposite direction

it's strange to me that the co-worker didn't drive the 2 minute extra to pick jason up from his house...i dont fully understand the logic there, but regardless, that's what happened so ill roll with it

did the parents have any disagreements / arguments with anyone from the church? i note his parents were what i'd call "hyper" religious, much more religious than average religious folks

Attachments

• church.png
    church.png
    161.6 KB · Views: 14
  • map1.png
    map1.png
    131.3 KB · Views: 13
it's strange to me that the co-worker didn't drive the 2 minute extra to pick jason up from his house...i dont fully understand the logic there, but regardless, that's what happened so ill roll with it
Thank you for making the map!

The reason why his co worker didn't drive to his house is simply that she didn't know where he lived and Jason had a problem with directional awareness...he simply couldn't explain to her where he lived in a way she would have understood. So it was just easier to meet her at the school they had both attended and both knew.

Thank you for making the map!

The reason why his co worker didn't drive to his house is simply that she didn't know where he lived and Jason had a problem with directional awareness...he simply couldn't explain to her where he lived in a way she would have understood. So it was just easier to meet her at the school they had both attended and both knew.
Thank you. His mother explained this years ago when she used to post here. I used to wonder the same thing.

The "neighbor moving" thing was an incorrect theory I had based on property records I saw on the property registry site. As Studebkr explained, it was not him moving but just buying out his GF's half of the home. Despite it being cleared up years ago, it still gets brought up as theories on various posts about Jason. I've even seen recent posts where people still mention a Samuel Sherman connection even though he was found 3 years ago. As for the neighbor Chester, there isn't much known about him to think one way or the other. If he was involved, not sure what the benefit would be for him to publicly claim himself to be the last person who saw Jason that day when he could have easily just said he never saw him.

I posted this back in the #3 forum, but this is the way I would walk to Benson HS. I talked with my son and he agreed.

Benson HS has a North & South entrance. The teachers use the South, the students the North, but I’m not sure where they agreed to meet.

I posted this back in the #3 forum, but this is the way I would walk to Benson HS. I talked with my son and he agreed.

Benson HS has a North & South entrance. The teachers use the South, the students the North, but I’m not sure where they agreed to meet.

thanks for posting, very useful for a foreigner like me to see the layout/landscape. im quite interested to see if theres any way i can help out with this case. in the meantime, ill re-read every post/watch videos on youtube and bring myself up to speed. this must be solvable despite the passage of time

By the way, on Namus there are only five UIDs listed for Nebraska. Three of them were found after year 2000.

Thi first one I listed has some location photos that I hadnt seen before. All three locations are about two hours or less in driving time from Omaha, NE.
UP71990

Goodness, why havent I seen the very detailed info. re this second UID in Nebraska before on Namus! Maybe it was added since I last checked there! (click on images and documents)

And the third UID listed is the Ashland one:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Last edited:
By the way, on Namus there are only five UIDs listed for Nebraska. Three of them were found after year 2000.

Thi first one I listed has some location photos that I hadnt seen before. All three locations are about two hours or less in driving time from Omaha, NE.
UP71990

Goodness, why havent I seen the very detailed info. re this second UID in Nebraska before on Namus! Maybe it was added since I last checked there! (click on images and documents)

And the third UID listed is the Ashland one:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
p.s.It seems that the first two cases listed may be related, same area but different years that bones were found.

i read there's a radio recording floating around the web of one of Jason's radio shows - anyone have a link to a copy of it? can't find it on youtube, nor in podcasts i've listened to. surely someone must have a copy of the clip?

I noticed that too, @Gilderoy Lockhart Jr, but figured it was a mistake/etc.

Do you have a link? That would certainly put a different light on things if he was ‘waiting (in front of the house) for a ride”, rather than walking some distance to meet up with someone.
It's in the video Mrs. Jolkowski made that MatthewTyler presented right above.

some thoughts: Teresa (co-worker) calls Jason, Jason says he will meet her at Benson High School at 11:00am.. no CCTV footage of Jason getting near/around the school

11:30am arrives and Jason still isn't with his co-worker, so she calls Jason's home. Jason's brother answers and pretends to be Jason but soon dropped the act after hearing Teresa panicking a little...he (Jason's brother) told Teresa that Jason left 45 mins earlier (so from this, we can roughly say Jason left at 10:45, which makes sense, because it was a 15 min walk to Benson High School and Jason had said to Teresa he would be at the High School at 11am).

as i said in a previous post...more walking time means more witnesses. i am of the belief that whomever got him, did it very, very soon into the walk. would anyone agree / disagree? if you disagree that's fine, but please explain what would make you think Jason got more than a block or two away from his home? (just want to facilitate a conversation around this and take in everyones views)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
binkabish
Back