NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping for Jason: Always loved, never forgotten.

Kelly, I think of you and Jason often. My wish is for Jason to be reunited with his family in the New Year.

Kelly, I'm new to this forum. I want to say that I can't imagine anything worse than not knowing what has happened to someone you love. I feel deeply for you.

I have a growing psychic ability. When I read about your son, I went to meditate and concentrate on him. I believe I may have a message for you. I don't know how you feel about this, and I will respect your wishes. Do you want me to tell you, either here or by PM, what I have picked up?

Hello,

I'm going to try to say this as nicely as I can.

Your supposed "psychic powers" have failed you in a major way. If you were truly "psychic", you would have immediately known that I am the last family member of a missing person you'd want to approach in this respect. Even just a little bit of research into our work would have shown you this....no "psychic" ability needed for that.

If you wish to know more, read the following:

http://www.projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=1098.0

Reading through the entire thread above will explain all my reasons, including those of a religious nature.

I thank you for respecting my wishes, as you indicate you will, to not pursue this.

I ask other persons reading who might be tempted to turn this thread into a debate about the issue not to do so. That would be extremely disrespectful to me and to Jason.

I don't wish to see any additional posts of this nature.

Thank you.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org
Help us for free when you shop online or do a websearch:
http://www.goodsearch.com/?charityid=857029

I'm sorry such a bad thing has happened to you and your family, but you have no right to judge me. I only wanted to help. A simple no thank you would have been sufficient.

Now on to the real work.

http://www.kmtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7618433

Sunday National Amber Alert Awareness Day

Omaha, NE - When a child goes missing and is in danger every second counts. Since 1996, the Amber Alert system has helped hundreds of families reunite with their missing loved ones. Nebraska issued two Amber Alerts last year. In both cases, the child was quickly found. Now one Omaha woman who continues to search for her missing son is doing her part to help others.

To Kelly Jolkowski, "Amber Alert Awareness Day "is more than a time to celebrate the success of the program ... "Today marks 6 years and 7 months since our son Jason vanished from the driveway of our home," she said.

Jason was 19. Too old under the qualifications to have an Amber Alert issued for him.

But just because the Amber Alert couldn't help find Jason, it has reunited hundreds of other families. That's why Kelly has an Amber Alert ticker running across the home page of www.projectjason.org, a non-profit organization she created in honor of her son. "If there were to be an Amber Alert the background would turn yellow and it would give you the information on that child," Kelly said.

She says helping others helps her work through the pain of not knowing what happened to her son. "In doing our work in Jason's name and helping all these families so that they know they are not alone. That helps us with the healing. I know he would want us to do something like that."

Kelly says in March, Project Jason will launch a local awareness program to help find and reunite missing people here in Omaha.

To sign up for wireless Amber Alerts on your cell phone, log on to: www.wirelessamberalerts.org

http://www.kptm.com/Global/story.asp?S=7618737

Amber Alert Message, No Matter How You Get It, Could Save a Child's Life

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 09:26 PM CST

Omaha (KPTM) -- Amber alerts helped Nebraska families reunite twice in 2007 following potentially dangerous situations.

State leaders consider the alerts a critical tool, and they want to raise awareness about the program. Sunday marked national amber alert awareness day.

The program is 11 years old and is used in all 50 states. Authorities have recovered more than 350 children during that time.

"It really asks and depends on the public to be the eyes and ears for the family and law enforcement, because they can't be everywhere," Said Kelly Jolkowski of Project Jason.

Jolkowski's son, Jason, disappeared 6 years and seven months ago Sunday.

She runs a non-profit group aimed at helping families with missing children.

"Today's parents need to teach kids about awareness, situations, and actions," Said Jolkowski

The state uses many mediums when an alert is issued. That includes highway message boards, the media, and even lottery outlets.

"The reason we're involved is we have almost 12-hundred retailers," Said Brian Rockey, Marketing Director for the Nebraska Lottery.

The state lottery became involved with the program in 2002. Outlets are able to give customers information, and get more eyes looking for the missing child.

"They're able to post messages, print it out for their customers. This display would read amber alert. It's just one more way to get the word out," Said Rockey.

The latest way to get the word out is cell phones. Its called a wireless amber alert, and its just a simple text message. But that message could save a child's life.

You can sign up to receive wireless amber alerts for your phone, online. There is no charge, and you'll only receive information about alerts in your area.

As a mother of an almost 18 year old, it's scary to think that LE thinks of them as run aways when the evidence points another way. Kelly, your Christian faith shines through in the midst of your tragedy. You are truly an inspiration. I am so sorry to hear about Jason and I will be praying.

As a mother of an almost 18 year old, it's scary to think that LE thinks of them as run aways when the evidence points another way. Kelly, your Christian faith shines through in the midst of your tragedy. You are truly an inspiration. I am so sorry to hear about Jason and I will be praying.

Thank you so much!

What's really sad is that now even children as young as age 10-11 are considered runaways unless there is evidence to the contrary.

I will never forget one of our first cases. The girl was 14 and from the "wrong side of the tracks". LE said she was a runaway. Her mom told me she knew she wasn't. Sure enough, she was found dead about 50 yards away from her home. LE did a walk down the street that night....no real search. If they had, they would have found her much sooner, not months down the road. Most likely, nothing would have prevented her death, but the family would have been saved the waiting and wondering.

Thank you so much!

What's really sad is that now even children as young as age 10-11 are considered runaways unless there is evidence to the contrary.

I will never forget one of our first cases. The girl was 14 and from the "wrong side of the tracks". LE said she was a runaway. Her mom told me she knew she wasn't. Sure enough, she was found dead about 50 yards away from her home. LE did a walk down the street that night....no real search. If they had, they would have found her much sooner, not months down the road. Most likely, nothing would have prevented her death, but the family would have been saved the waiting and wondering.

What is LE thinking! I Have a daughter that is almost 10. The thought of running away would not even cross her mind. Right now she doesn't even know that people do run away. I will continue to pray for your family.

A Project Jason News Brief:

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski, and President and Founder of nonprofit organization Project Jason, will be interviewed on the Maurice Boland Show on international radio station R.E.M FM. This live interview will take place on Tuesday, January 22, 2008, at 1:15pm CST. The topic of discussion will be coping with having a missing child.

Based in Spain, Radio Europe Mediterraneo has close to half a million listeners in English speaking countries in Europe. The show's host, Maurice Bolland, founded celebrity magazine "Hi Society" and then REM fm in 2004. His show is a unique blend of irreverent humour, celebrity interviews and human interest stories from around the globe and is radio at its most original and stimulating. Maurice has interviewed numerous celebrities, including Jay Leno, Rod Steiger, Oliver Reed, Jane Seymour, Christopher Reeves, Janet Leigh, Shelly Winters, Rodney Dangerfield, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Marvin Hamlisch, Paul Anka, Neil Sedaka, Lorna Luft, Huey Lews, Gloria Gaynor, Cynthia Lennon, and Ben Vereen.

You can listen live at http://www.rem.fm/maurice.html

Learn more about Project Jason at http://www.projectjason.org/

Wonderful Kelly! Your ethics, sense of loyalty, and your dogged determination are admirable, dear lady:blowkiss:.

If I have time between training appointments I will certainly listen.

Lion

A Project Jason News Brief:

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski, and President and Founder of nonprofit organization Project Jason, will be interviewed on the Maurice Boland Show on international radio station...
Learn more about Project Jason at http://www.projectjason.org/

Kelly:

Plz clear out your mailbox so I can pm you ! Thanks!

Hoppy

Praying for Jason's recovery and for you Kelly. Such a long time without answers but God be with your heart. Sometimes that is the only solace. But it is huge when the doors are open...I am not very religious but more spiritual and I have to believe this. In any case, I still pray for you. And, for Jason, your sweet baby.

Thanks, Concernedperson.

Hoppy, I was gone out of town to a speaking engagement and am now back and catching up. I do prefer email, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz