Physical Description​

Date of Birth: August 25, 1956
Race: White
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown, curly
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: One leg shorter than the other; pierced left ear; scar on back

Identifiers​

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: One boot "built up" as one leg is shorter than the other
Jewelry: Gold earring in left ear
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Tony was last seen driving his parents' tan 1980 4-door Chevrolet with license plate 60A89. He left his parents' house in Moorefield to go to Stockville to renew his driver's license. According to the DMV employees, he did not arrive. He also took along his boxer dog, Butch, as well as fishing poles and tackle. Tony, his dog, and the car have not been seen since.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Frontier County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Sheriff Dan Rupp
Agency Phone Number: 308-367-4411
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 0820392

NamUs Case Number: MP2777

Information Source(s)​

NamUs
NE State Patrol

Admin Notes​

Added: 12/2/21; Last Updated: 12/2/21 - By: hb

Any time someone goes missing along with their vehicle, I always look for bodies of water.

But in this case, there really aren't any—at least not any that look significant.

There is a lot of green, though. Could someone have tried to rob him on the way, killed him, and then hid him and the car in the woods? I don't know how dense the area is.

Any time someone goes missing along with their vehicle, I always look for bodies of water.

But in this case, there really aren't any—at least not any that look significant.

There is a lot of green, though. Could someone have tried to rob him on the way, killed him, and then hid him and the car in the woods? I don't know how dense the area is.
If he took his fishing equipment with him, then he had plans to fish, and would be headed to water at some point.

I think he may have decided to renew his driving license another day and gone straight to fishing.

If he took his fishing equipment with him, then he had plans to fish, and would be headed to water at some point.

I think he may have decided to renew his driving license another day and gone straight to fishing.
That's a very good point! I have no idea how I missed the fishing equipment detail lol.

The question then becomes: Where could he have gone to fish?

Maybe to Hugh Butler Lake? Or Harry Strunk Lake? Both are south of the DMV (though in opposite directions), so maybe he made a last minute decision to just skip the DMV and keep driving to one of these lakes?

I do think as the car hasn't been re-registered, or bought and sold, and hasn't had any history since 1992, then being submerged in water sounds almost 100% certain.

I do wish Adventures with Purpose or even local law enforcement would start searching some local lakes with divers and/or a boat and a sonar.

There have been a few cases of long lost people on rivers and lakes being found lately, so I'm hoping for a big push for this man.

Hopefully his friends and family could advise as to the places where he used to go fishing.

It seems like very little was done to find him back in 1992.

Last edited:
There are SO MANY little ponds & creeks... I've been scouring Google Earth for a long shot (like that guy in FL back in 2019...) but this is a task that might need to be crowdsourced.

Is there any place online where people just search satellite photos for submerged anomalies?

Just think of how many people have gone missing with their vehicles, without a trace.

Sure, there are other ways this could happen, but "submerging in water" is clearly the easiest way to make a car disappear without involving heavy equipment or "more potential witnesses".

There are SO MANY little ponds & creeks... I've been scouring Google Earth for a long shot (like that guy in FL back in 2019...) but this is a task that might need to be crowdsourced.

Is there any place online where people just search satellite photos for submerged anomalies?

Just think of how many people have gone missing with their vehicles, without a trace.

Sure, there are other ways this could happen, but "submerging in water" is clearly the easiest way to make a car disappear without involving heavy equipment or "more potential witnesses".

To quote a great man (from 2 min ago, lol).
If we could get eyes on & check off all the little ponds, lakes, lagoons in a single midwestern state, there would be 0% chance we don't come across at least ONE missing person, giving that family closure. (I'm not sure if I recommend starting with Minnesota...)

But Nebraska? It could be done!

There's what looks like a junk yard along the way. If you check out Google maps, you will see it. I wonder if it was ever checked

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240428_224528_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20240428_224528_Maps.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240428_224534_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20240428_224534_Maps.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 1

IMAGE_ALT

Name: Tony Lee Earhart
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: August 22, 1992
Location Last Seen: Stockville, Frontier County, Nebraska

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: August 25, 1956
Race: White
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown, curly
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: One leg shorter than the other; pierced left ear; scar on back

Identifiers​

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: One boot "built up" as one leg is shorter than the other
Jewelry: Gold earring in left ear
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Tony was last seen driving his parents' tan 1980 4-door Chevrolet with license plate 60A89. He left his parents' house in Moorefield to go to Stockville to renew his driver's license. According to the DMV employees, he did not arrive. He also took along his boxer dog, Butch, as well as fishing poles and tackle. Tony, his dog, and the car have not been seen since.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Frontier County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Sheriff Dan Rupp
Agency Phone Number: 308-367-4411
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 0820392

NamUs Case Number: MP2777

Information Source(s)​

NamUs
NE State Patrol

Admin Notes​

Added: 12/2/21; Last Updated: 12/2/21 - By: hb