NE NE - Tyler Goodrich, 35, left his house to go on a run, Lincoln, 3 Nov 2023

So approximately 7:45 pm, there's an argument bad enough that police arrive -- were the children in the home and awake to hear it?
My current opinion is likely yes, so I lean away from something untoward happening in the home and more toward an impulsive "taking-off to cool down" situation.

If true, that would mean he's either safe somewhere thinking things through, or there's one other possibility I don't want to bring up yet.

I hope LE gets this figured out by the weekend. Moreso I hope there will be a happy reunification of the family very soon.

I am hoping the Sheriff is over-reacting and Tyler is safe. Sheriffs are, after all, elected politicians. I think--I hope--is that Tyler is mad at his husband, but he is safe.

Another very real tragedy of this case is that too much emphasis has been placed on the fact that it involves gay marriage, and this couple has children. Very misplaced public and media reaction.

JMO
<modsnip - no link>
I would like to know who called the police about this argument and would like to hear the call and read the police report.

Last edited by a moderator:
This article references children, specifically taking children's laptops as evidence and interviewing the children. I'm very curious when the children last saw Tyler.

For those of you leaning towards foul play, do you think that Tyler returned home or was picked up by someone after his phone stopped pinging on Friday? If the police were called at the time of the argument, it sounds like they arrived too quickly for Tyler to be harmed and hidden, especially with children home. But there are so few details in this case so far that it's hard to tell.
we have no details- the pictures posted publicly of TG are all of him smiling- looks very happy... so we have no idea if there was DV or depression or any problem and even when they say 'children"- are they 3? 13? ...makes a big difference as to how they might have been impacted or what they might have observed. the family Facebook says please do not ask a lot of Qs, just find TG, but circumstances make a lot of difference as to where to look. IMO

Vogel’s attorney says LE claim of no cooperation is “absolutely false.” Attorney for missing Lincoln man’s husband denies unwillingness to cooperate in investigation
While I understand LE needs to do their job, I support for a possible suspect to have a lawyer. We have seen many times that LE has blinders on and they get determination to prove someone guilty, instead of following the evidence. Anything you say can be misconstrued and taken the wrong way. Not everyone feels this way and it's ok.

While I understand LE needs to do their job, I support for a possible suspect to have a lawyer. We have seen many times that LE has blinders on and they get determination to prove someone guilty, instead of following the evidence. Anything you say can be misconstrued and taken the wrong way. Not everyone feels this way and it's ok.

Yes. The idea that “only guilty people lawyer up” is a dangerous television myth.

I would encourage anyone dealing with being interviewed and/or questioned by LE have an attorney. JMO

One of the defensive shooting courses I took was instructed by a 30+ year former cop. He said NEVER talk to cops without your attorney...so there you go!

That doesn't surprise me whatsoever. I have watched way, way, way too many interrogation videos to ever go into an interrogation room myself without representation, no matter how it would make me look. MOO

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> it is really difficult to figure out what these people were like. did they often fight? did one threaten the other? how long were they married? did one or more have an affair? did they ever have a "time out" before? Just from what is in the news, it seems that TG did not usually disappear- that he had a responsible job that he usually showed up for... and he paid for a race he was planning to run (signed up last April as per he race web site). It also just occurred to me that most runners, I think, would not be going on a long run right before a half marathon... but from my experience reading WS, disappearing abruptly is a bad indicator.

We know that the husband called the police at 7:30, but we don't know when the last time anyone besides the husband saw Tyler. Does it necessarily mean the altercation happened at that time? The police never talked to Tyler at all. Doesn't mean it didn't happen earlier and that's when MV decided to call the cops because obviously, people were going to miss him and wonder where he is.

It doesn't seem to me TG would just take off and not let someone know he is okay. From all accounts, he has a very good support system in place.

We know that the husband called the police at 7:30, but we don't know when the last time anyone besides the husband saw Tyler. Does it necessarily mean the altercation happened at that time? The police never talked to Tyler at all. Doesn't mean it didn't happen earlier and that's when MV decided to call the cops because obviously, people were going to miss him and wonder where he is.

It doesn't seem to me TG would just take off and not let someone know he is okay. From all accounts, he has a very good support system in place.
he has friends and parents nearby, so definitely unusual

“Being married to him is the one person who would know him best and that’s the reason why we continue to need to talk to him, but again, he is not a suspect.”

“Our number one job here is to find Tyler. We know a lot of people are concerned and worried.

Houchin said Goodrich’s phone was last active Friday at 7:41 p.m. at his home. He also cleared up some misinformation he’s seen on social media.

“The location at SW 13th and W Van Dorn was not a phone ping. It was a post on Snapchat.”

The order of events is concerning to me. If there was a dispute, and the husband called police, then I have to wonder WHY he felt the need to call. I'm NOT currently going with the theory that the husband had any nefarious reason for making the call, I'm thinking he called because either things were becoming unusually heated, or he had a reason to be concerned about TG's safety. It isn't clear to me just exactly what time that call was made...7:30, or 7:45, but TG's phone became inactive at 7:41, at the home. Did TG know the police had been called, and that's why he left, or was his leaving what prompted MV to call? Either way, I'm far more concerned about TG's state of mind when he left than anything the husband might have done. JMO.

The order of events is concerning to me. If there was a dispute, and the husband called police, then I have to wonder WHY he felt the need to call. I'm NOT currently going with the theory that the husband had any nefarious reason for making the call, I'm thinking he called because either things were becoming unusually heated, or he had a reason to be concerned about TG's safety. It isn't clear to me just exactly what time that call was made...7:30, or 7:45, but TG's phone became inactive at 7:41, at the home. Did TG know the police had been called, and that's why he left, or was his leaving what prompted MV to call? Either way, I'm far more concerned about TG's state of mind when he left than anything the husband might have done. JMO.
I'm also curious if the 2 sons were at home when the 'reported' dispute took place and/or the husband made the call to the police. I'm sure they've been interviewed by LE and would share details about the day in question and any previous incidents or TG mental state, etc. It's also not known of the family dynamic - did the sons get along with both parents or would they 'cover' for one parent if something nefarious did happen.

I am hoping the Sheriff is over-reacting and Tyler is safe. Sheriffs are, after all, elected politicians. I think--I hope--is that Tyler is mad at his husband, but he is safe.

Another very real tragedy of this case is that too much emphasis has been placed on the fact that it involves gay marriage, and this couple has children. Very misplaced public and media reaction.

JMO
I have been reading so many posts and comments on Facebook, here, Reddit, etc and have not seen one mention of the gay marriage aspect of this. <modsnip - moderating>

I have been reading so many posts and comments on Facebook, here, Reddit, etc and have not seen one mention of the gay marriage aspect of this. <modsnip - moderating>
My post had nothing to do with social media and everything to do with the fact that the Sheriff's office told members of the news media that the husband was no longer cooperating with the investigation.

The Sheriff's office has now walked back that false allegation after the husband hired an attorney and news media expanded their area of coverage.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewfSleuth