Need help with loading the original case here

The problem at/on the bus, the comments about moving away from the apartments makes me think her radar was way up about someone close by IMO

Hi new member first post. Has anyone ever checked who her followers are on twitter? I think they'd keep going back to the scene of the crime so to speak. If this was indeed someone who was stalking her or otherwise obsessed they wouldn't be able to help themselves going back and looking at her pictures. JMO
Thanks for your response. Good questions. I am not ignoring your questions. I just don't have the answers. Or how one would go about reviewing Twitter and getting the answers in a format that would have the correct required back up (proof) to post it here on WS.
And anywhere else it could be posted and get noticed in the news, etc.
I am hoping someone in WS is familiar enough to advise.
Thanks D.

Bump for Hannah. I have a feeling it was one or all of the teens she was seen with. JMOO Teens can be brutal when in a group. I wonder if the guy or girl she felt was stalking her was there in the group of teens that night. I hate seeing crimes without any movement forward. They just seem to run out of steam. I say re interview the kids from that night. They know what happened. IMHO
And, and, and these teenagers are now 24/25 years old now. Maybe a conversation can turn their fear into a concious waiting to spill the beans.
How would go about making that happen?

And, and, and these teenagers are now 24/25 years old now. Maybe a conversation can turn their fear into a concious waiting to spill the beans.
How would go about making that happen?
I think with age might come some distance, too- “friends” might not be “friends” anymore. But could maintain high level of fear- either of the killer him/herself or of legal & criminal consequences for participating. Idk how family feels about a plea, but if it were my daughter, at this point I might offer total immunity for the first person willing to reveal who stabbed her.

I wouldn’t talk to these ppl directly- too dangerous. But...

I’d check-in with LE & GBI regularly- ask Lt. Dan Franklin what new technology they are trying at this point. And GBI Special Agent Ryan Hilton. At 5 years, an article stated, “Police have gone back over the evidence using new technology in hopes for a break in the case.”
Ga. Cold Case: 5 years later, no answers in slaying of Gainesville teen

Unsolved Homicide: Hannah Truelove
Contact Info: Special Agent Ryan Hilton (706) 348-4866

Franklin believes Truelove knew her killer, went to the location voluntarily, possibly more than one person present when she was stabbed. He’s tried to find a person “less culpable/ responsible... just there, maybe in a situation they didn’t want to be in". He seems pretty dedicated to this case- however long it takes.
Hannah Truelove’s murder remains unsolved

Hall County Sheriff 770-531-6885. Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

@Dsasleuth, as a friend of the family, it is an option to become a “WS Verified Insider”. As such, you’d be allowed to provide additional info that might help us brainstorm ideas. Totally optional- per your & the family choice.
VERIFIED INSIDER PROCESS
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

WS LINGO- might be helpful
Websleuths Lingo

Thank you for for the great info and advice.
I know Jeff is willing, I will ask him to HT's mothers approval.

Thank you for for the great info and advice.
I know Jeff is willing, I will ask him to HT's mothers approval.
I’m in GA & have a daughter almost 21. I’d really like to see justice here. I wish we knew more info about that car. Was that from video surveillance or eyewitness reports? GA plates? It just seems like finding that car from DMV records easy. I wonder why no break there?

I’m in GA & have a daughter almost 21. I’d really like to see justice here. I wish we knew more info about that car. Was that from video surveillance or eyewitness reports? GA plates? It just seems like finding that car from DMV records easy. I wonder why no break there?
I am here local to where this all went down.
I see JT weekly of not more often.

I started WS to dig into another case but I discovered I don't know nearly enough to go forward on that one, yet.

JT out of the blue said to me "Hannah has been on my mind lately, more than usual. Boy, I wish they would open the case actively and it come on the news and new leads would open up. Etc and so forth.
That's when I came home and searched cold case files and found all the info here.

I have not shared all this with him yet. I will talk to him tomorrow.
Let's see where this leads.
Thanks for your help.
D.

I am here local to where this all went down.
I see JT weekly of not more often.

I started WS to dig into another case but I discovered I don't know nearly enough to go forward on that one, yet.

JT out of the blue said to me "Hannah has been on my mind lately, more than usual. Boy, I wish they would open the case actively and it come on the news and new leads would open up. Etc and so forth.
That's when I came home and searched cold case files and found all the info here.

I have not shared all this with him yet. I will talk to him tomorrow.
Let's see where this leads.
Thanks for your help.
D.
Maybe it’s a father’s instinct- might be a reason he’s thinking of HT more lately. Perhaps someone’s “ready” to provide the information that should have been given to LE in August 2012. I’m a believer in gut instinct- imo it’s usually there for a reason.

People may be feeling the weight of uncertainty about life itself due to the pandemic, hopefully it will gnaw at somebody's conscience enough to do the right thing for Hannah and her family. imo, speculation.
Re-post..
Hannah Truelove's Murder: Breakthrough in case of 16-year-old girl found dead in woods after tweeting she had a 'stalker' as father says she was 'afraid' to ride bus to school | Daily Mail Online
Breakthrough in case of 16-year-old girl found dead in woods after tweeting she had a 'stalker' as father says she was 'afraid' to ride bus to school
  • Hannah Truelove was reported missing on Thursday night by her mother
  • Her father Jeff said the 16-year-old 'made no mention' of being in danger, but thinks someone on her school bus may have been involved
  • Detectives said she suffered a violent death and believe she knew her killer
  • They have identified a vehicle they believe may be connected to the crime
article-2200812-14EE3D3A000005DC-126_634x376.jpg

Clue: Officials have also narrowed in on a vehicle they say may be connected to the crime: a late 1990s to early 2000s four-door Chevrolet with front-end damage and a lighter-colored door panel, similar to the one pictured

People may be feeling the weight of uncertainty about life itself due to the pandemic, hopefully it will gnaw at somebody's conscience enough to do the right thing for Hannah and her family. imo, speculation.
Re-post..
Hannah Truelove's Murder: Breakthrough in case of 16-year-old girl found dead in woods after tweeting she had a 'stalker' as father says she was 'afraid' to ride bus to school | Daily Mail Online
Breakthrough in case of 16-year-old girl found dead in woods after tweeting she had a 'stalker' as father says she was 'afraid' to ride bus to school
  • Hannah Truelove was reported missing on Thursday night by her mother
  • Her father Jeff said the 16-year-old 'made no mention' of being in danger, but thinks someone on her school bus may have been involved
  • Detectives said she suffered a violent death and believe she knew her killer
  • They have identified a vehicle they believe may be connected to the crime
article-2200812-14EE3D3A000005DC-126_634x376.jpg

Clue: Officials have also narrowed in on a vehicle they say may be connected to the crime: a late 1990s to early 2000s four-door Chevrolet with front-end damage and a lighter-colored door panel, similar to the one pictured
I’m really wondering about this car. This article clearly states “seen”, not sure if seen by witnesses or on surveillance vid. If “seen” only by the same eyewitness “friends” that may know what really happened to Hannah, it could be a red herring altogether. Hope not! But how can it be so hard to track down a car with front-end damage & a different color door? There’s GA DMV records. Body shop records. Auto accident records. And I’d be looking at the vehicles of anyone remotely connected to those “friends” present that night. Were they all from the apartments? Was someone visiting? How’d they get there/leave? Did someone borrow a car from a neighbor/ uncle/ parent etc.? Lake Lanier is a prime real estate & vacation getaway spot in Georgia. Was someone visiting from nearby SC, NC, TN, AL or FL? Where is that dang car?

4-door Chevrolet (late 1990s/ early 2000s) with front-end damage & a lighter-colored door panel, “seen” in the area- with Hannah “possibly” exiting it at one point.

Another thought... Hannah was found in a drainage ravine that runs from the parking lot to the lake. Since it rained so hard Thurs night, evidence was washed away. But I bet the killer still has that knife. Could still be DNA in the crevasses of that knife. Could maybe still have shoes, a belt, or jeans- maybe a purse or old cellphone from that night as well. It is possible someone took photos. These cold cases really bug me. I hate the idea of someone enjoying young adulthood when they took Hannah’s away.

Inspired by @Penny4YourThoughts on another thread:

@Dsasleuth - with COVID-19, many people are out of work & needing $ badly- or will be in a month or 2. A “reward” for info to those “friends” from August 2012 might really entice someone to provide info that could lead to arrest(s). Maybe suggest that to LE & GBI- see what they could come up with. Sometimes GBI even has funding for this type of strategy. Could also try a fundraising site (like G0FndMe), paid directly to CrimeStoppers?

So I have gone through a lot of the articles and post that people have made and I have attempted to compile a list of sorts of Who What When Where etc of this case.
Who? Hannah Truelove 16 years old (the victim); an older man who found the body was questioned and released presumably at the scene.
- Police believe that her attacker was not random and that she probably knew them
-She posted about having a stalker, although, with research done by the police, they don't put much stock into an actual stalker.
When?
-August 2012
-Last seen at the picnic table(parking lot has also been mentioned) after hanging with friends on Thursday night around7-730 pm. Her body was found around a day later around 730 pm Friday night
What?
-Her body was found Friday night around 730 pm on (or near) the shore of Lake Lanier; treated as a suspicious death initially and then was ruled homicide.
-There is the potential she could have been pregnant; on her social media, she was talking about presumably a boy and drama and issues with the boy and messing up and how her tummy had been getting bigger and having issues.
- She mentioned she had a stalker
-She made a post on her twitter about someone treating her badly but still going back; potential for an abusive boyfriend being involved.
-Car was spotted Thursday, August 23 around the time she went missing; Police believe that occupant(s) of the car may have important information
-Dad believes that due to the nature of the attack may be another girl or schoolmate could have been involved.
-Dad also mentioned that Hannah had been apprehensive of riding the bus; may have been someone she feared on the same bus
-May have also been stabbed in the attack

Inspired by @Penny4YourThoughts on another thread:

@Dsasleuth - with COVID-19, many people are out of work & needing $ badly- or will be in a month or 2. A “reward” for info to those “friends” from August 2012 might really entice someone to provide info that could lead to arrest(s). Maybe suggest that to LE & GBI- see what they could come up with. Sometimes GBI even has funding for this type of strategy. Could also try a fundraising site (like G0FndMe), paid directly to CrimeStoppers?

Very good advise, i have questions about the CrimeStoppers. But I will as a bit later about. Its been recommended that I become a Verified WS insider. Once I do that, I may advise on that step.

Folks here are so helpful, I am amazed.
Thank you

So I have gone through a lot of the articles and post that people have made and I have attempted to compile a list of sorts of Who What When Where ,etc of this case.
Who? Hannah Truelove 16 years old (the victim); an older man who found the body was questioned and released presumably at the scene.
- Police believe that her attacker was not random and that she probably knew them
-She posted about having a stalker, although, with research done by the police, they don't put much stock into an actual stalker.
When?
-August 2012
-Last seen at the picnic table(parking lot has also been mentioned) after hanging with friends on Thursday night around7-730 pm. Her body was found around a day later around 730 pm Friday night
What?
-Her body was found Friday night around 730 pm on (or near) the shore of Lake Lanier; treated as a suspicious death initially and then was ruled homicide.
-There is the potential she could have been pregnant; on her social media, she was talking about presumably a boy and drama and issues with the boy and messing up and how her tummy had been getting bigger and having issues.
-She made a post on her twitter about someone treating her badly but still going back; potential for an abusive boyfriend being involved.
-Car was spotted Thursday, August 23 around the time she went missing; Police believe that occupant(s) of the car may have important information
-Dad believes that due to the nature of the attack may be another girl or schoolmate could have been involved.
-Dad also mentioned that Hannah had been apprehensive of riding the bus; may have been someone she feared on the same bus
Incredible list.
Thank you for taking the time.
Once I am approved as a verified insider. I will give uou a shout.
D

I think with age might come some distance, too- “friends” might not be “friends” anymore. But could maintain high level of fear- either of the killer him/herself or of legal & criminal consequences for participating. Idk how family feels about a plea, but if it were my daughter, at this point I might offer total immunity for the first person willing to reveal who stabbed her.

I wouldn’t talk to these ppl directly- too dangerous. But...

I’d check-in with LE & GBI regularly- ask Lt. Dan Franklin what new technology they are trying at this point. And GBI Special Agent Ryan Hilton. At 5 years, an article stated, “Police have gone back over the evidence using new technology in hopes for a break in the case.”
Ga. Cold Case: 5 years later, no answers in slaying of Gainesville teen

Unsolved Homicide: Hannah Truelove
Contact Info: Special Agent Ryan Hilton (706) 348-4866

Franklin believes Truelove knew her killer, went to the location voluntarily, possibly more than one person present when she was stabbed. He’s tried to find a person “less culpable/ responsible... just there, maybe in a situation they didn’t want to be in". He seems pretty dedicated to this case- however long it takes.
Hannah Truelove’s murder remains unsolved

Hall County Sheriff 770-531-6885. Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

@Dsasleuth, as a friend of the family, it is an option to become a “WS Verified Insider”. As such, you’d be allowed to provide additional info that might help us brainstorm ideas. Totally optional- per your & the family choice.
VERIFIED INSIDER PROCESS
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

WS LINGO- might be helpful
Websleuths Lingo
I did as you suggested, I applied as a verified insider and read the wslingo, I will be sure to consult that
regularly.
I have compiled an ongoing list of questions and info and will post when appropriate.
D.

Bumping

Came across the case after it was mentioned on a more current case. Praying for justice.
I just posted an update to this case , would you mind taking a look.

So I have gone through a lot of the articles and post that people have made and I have attempted to compile a list of sorts of Who What When Where etc of this case.
When?
-August 2012
What?

Have you ever heard the case of Skylar Neese? Some eerie similarities, but with different parts such as how she left the house and how her body was discovered.

Basically, her best friends lured her to sneak out of her house, and then killed her. One of the friends put on a huge "I will find who did this" persona with the underlying motive to obtain more information, and the other one cracked quickly.

Teenage girls can be ruthless....

One thing that stands out about this case to me was a detail mentioned in the "Trace Evidence" Podcast, stating that a witness put a black man with dreadlocks at the scene of the crime shortly before died.

I do not mean this the wrong way, but that description sounds exactly like something that a white person would say, if they knew more about the situation than they were letting on. Listening to the podcast, it implied that Hannah's main circle of friends and acquaintances where mostly white.

Factor in the witness description with the vehicle description and I feel like something is VERY off here. The cops are now interested in a black man with dreads, driving a car that (according to its description) should be very easy to recognize. This could possibly be just major misdirections intentionally told to the police to throw them off.

Please welcome our newest verified member. Dsasleuth is verified as a very close friend of Hanna Truelove's father.
Hanna's father had wonderful things to say about Dsasleuth and has known her for decades.
You can ask Dsasleuth questions but it is up to Dsasleuth whether they answer or not.

Verified members must always be treated with respect.

Thank you Dsasleuth for your hard work and for becoming verified.

Take Care,
Tricia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant