Netflix or Amazon Prime recommendations

IceIce9

Verified EMT
Reaction score
I’ve been on COVID-related furlough since March 22. I am looking for Netflix or Prime recommendations, as I have completed rewatching all nine seasons of The Office.

I watch tv for enjoyment and pleasure, so I enjoy comedies and lighter dramas. Nothing violent, occult, or sad. There is too much tragedy and sadness in real life. My debriefing is watching a tv show or two at night before bed.

I would appreciate recommendations, thanks!

I’ve been on COVID-related furlough since March 22. I am looking for Netflix or Prime recommendations, as I have completed rewatching all nine seasons of The Office.

I watch tv for enjoyment and pleasure, so I enjoy comedies and lighter dramas. Nothing violent, occult, or sad. There is too much tragedy and sadness in real life. My debriefing is watching a tv show or two at night before bed.

I would appreciate recommendations, thanks!
Have you tried The Marvelous Mrs. Maizel? It’s a comedy/drama on Amazon Prime. I watched it recently and I enjoyed it a lot.

Дивовижна місіс Мейзел (TV Series 2017– ) - IMDb

ETA I don’t know why the IMDb link looks like that o_O

Netflix:
Schitt's Creek
Community
Parks and Recreation
Arrested Development
After Life
Extras
The Good Place
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Amazon:
Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (even in Ukranian I am sure it's wonderful!)
Upload
Eureka

We’re enjoying Little Fires Everywhere on Hulu right now. Enjoying it. Twists and turns.
I read a review of Little Fires Everywhere and the details of the plot made me feel like I needed a scorecard, lol. Maybe just because I was reading it at night when I was already tired but it seemed like a lot of characters and many plots and sub plots.

Looking forward to watching that one when I am fully alert.

Netflix: Call the Midwife, set in England in the 1950's, modern issues woven in but problems are solved in 54 minutes.

Amazon Prime: Downton Abbey, might watch that again myself!

Midsomer Mysteries, yes some death but again everything is resolved in 54 minutes.

My favorite movies/TV series on Netflix and other platforms eerily share a very similar plot:

A woman spends almost an hour obsessively searching for a movie or TV show to avoid choosing one that will waste an hour of her life.
:p:D;)

Mighty Trains showed up in my cue, travel show, host rides a spectacular train subtly (ok maybe not-so-subtle) suggesting that you should do the same.

Mighty Trains

Escapist, scenery, no plot to follow.

Great for riding a stationary bike when you're really not interested in working out, too!

JMHO YMMV

Although not on either Netflix or Amazon I started watching Black Monday on Showtime on Demand. A Dramedy about Wall Street in the 80's. Really enjoying it

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub
Back