Netherlands Netherlands - Amsterdam, Male, eagle tattoo, Flevopark, Nov'98

There's no mention of tattoos, and he disappeared three years before this John Doe was found, but Stjepan Vukojević, originally from Croatia, disappeared from Amsterdam in 1995.

Stjepan Vukojević - Potraga.tv
Interesting option, seems to have a few things slightly of, but also a few things which match and nothing which I see to immediately rule out. Also Stjepan is not listen on the politie website as missing (I think from that time frame it's not so complete, but they tend to both list Dutch nationals as those who are suspected to have gone missing in the Netherlands).

Interesting update regarding Stjepan Vukojevic from DoeNetwork..

"Stjepan Vukojevic
1409DMNET.jpg

Stjepan Vukojevic (1409DMNET) missing from Amsterdam, Netherlands since July 26, 1995 is no longer missing. No further information is available."

Located & Identified Persons

He seems to be still listed as missing on Croatian mp pages, though..

The medallion tattoo seems somehow a different language....maybe Cyrillic....

Interesting update regarding Stjepan Vukojevic from DoeNetwork..

"Stjepan Vukojevic
1409DMNET.jpg

Stjepan Vukojevic (1409DMNET) missing from Amsterdam, Netherlands since July 26, 1995 is no longer missing. No further information is available."

Located & Identified Persons

He seems to be still listed as missing on Croatian mp pages, though..

I have seen it in updates few weeks/month ago. Not sure how long ago they have actually changed his status. Mind you I have seen in past international cases there which were updated just years later.

In last month many cases were changed there to identified, especially UK ones. Pleasant surprise as I have not seen anything in UK news.

In last month many cases were changed there to identified, especially UK ones. Pleasant surprise as I have not seen anything in UK news.
I've noticed the same thing with many Dutch cases lately, too, but mostly with mps. Does the Netherlands have a statute of limitations regarding missing people? I have to ask since the DoeNetwork simply updates these cases as "so-and-so is no longer missing per law enforcement. No further information is available.", but not that they are in fact located and accounted for.

I've noticed the same thing with many Dutch cases lately, too, but mostly with mps. Does the Netherlands have a statute of limitations regarding missing people? I have to ask since the DoeNetwork simply updates these cases as "so-and-so is no longer missing per law enforcement. No further information is available.", but not that they are in fact located and accounted for.

There is no statute of limitation as far as I know. The person could be located alive, deceased or it's possible the person is declared dead. As family/spouse you have to give permission to the police to publish a missing persons file on the police site. So you can ask to take it down. That doesn't say anything about the outcome and you could still be registered in a missing persons database. I read in another forum that Doe Network takes a mp file down when there isn't an mp poster on an official LE site anymore. So that also could be a reason, if this is true. BTW in some Dutch cases they say on Doe Network in the update list that the person is located.... There seem to be inconsistencies, looking at the next examples.

For instance:
Sjef Boers (3725DMNET) has been located and added to our 2019 Closed Cases.
He is no longer on the missing persons site of the Dutch police, neither on the official one in Australian where he went missing.
I didn't find anything in the news about him or his remains were found, neither a grave or an obituary.

Albert Marinus Snijder says to be located but his mp poster on the Dutch Police site is still up. Albert Marinus Snijder

Faisal Mohamed and Mahad Mohamed Adem, two Somalian boys missing since the early 90's, also located according to the Doe Network. I can't even recall they were ever on the Dutch police missing children site. Couldn't find anything about the fact that they are found...in those days there was a lot of media coverage about them missing though.

In short....I don't know what to make of it.

I think in general the Dutch police site is quite actual. If somebody is up there I think it's quite likely that status is correct. But as you say, not being up there doesn't mean it's a solved case, can also be per family wishes. They generally don't mention whether and how the case got resolved if they remove somebody.

As such it seems this unidentified man, sadly, still is unidentified.

To me it looks like a tattoo of Jesus, not a woman. And John Doe covered it up with a tattoo of an eagle. I don't think the eagle represents a connection to the USA. Many countries use eagles in their coat of arms.
His tattoos don't look very professional IMHO. But maybe that's what tattoos looked like back in the 90s.

Could John Doe be Amedeo Turra? Missing from Bergamo since 1991, 175 cm (like John Doe). There is some contradicting info on his age. Some sources say he was 30 (born in 1961) other's say he was 23 when he went missing.
Either way he would fit in the estimated age-range. No mentioning of tattoos and he seem to have one pierced ear (not mentioned with John Doe)

upload_2021-4-3_10-9-22.png

Chi l'ha Visto - Scomparsi - Amedeo Turra - La scheda
In 1995, the parents received a fine. At a Milan motorway toll booth, a young man who did not have the money to pay for the ticket would have provided Amedeo Turra's personal details to have the report sent home.

The Doe Network: Amedeo Turra - 307DMITA

I don't think it's the Italian man or the Croatian man. The ears are different to that of the body found in Flevopark, Amsterdam. Not to mention the nose and jaw, which is quite pronounced on the John Doe.
The Doe has dark brownish hair, but doesn't look necessarily 'dark'. He could be German, British or American. And the tattoo definitely makes me think of American.

Last edited:
Amsterdam is big pool of foreigners, not many from Middle East though. There is big presence of Turkish and Maroccan descendants too who could be mistaken for Middle Eastern, however I don't think this is case in here.

I have came accross this case few times over the years and I can't shake feeling that he might be the guy I met there briefly sometimes between 95-97. Resemblance is striking.

I don't remember much unfortunately. But he was older then me. I think he could be between 20-30 then even though post mortem looks like he might be older than that. Guy had also tattoos on arm/s as I remember we have discussed them but can't recall what they were :(. I do remember though that he was Italian.

But again, it might not be him..

Dig deeper @Al Ka Crazier things could happen. :)

I don't think it's the Italian man or the Croatian man. The ears are different to that of the body found in Flevopark, Amsterdam. Not to mention the nose and jaw, which is quite pronounced on the John Doe.
The Doe has dark brownish hair, but doesn't look necessarily 'dark'. He could be German, British or American. And the tattoo definitely makes me think of American.

The Croatian man is no longer missing, so it can't be him. About the Italian possible....I can't do a side by side, PM picture and it's not a front picture, so hard to look at it good. About Amadeo Turro: If you look at the chin, the distance between the mouth and the nose...the facial hair, the receding hair line, the size of his forehead.....I see a resemblance.....people's faces change when they are deceased. Yup, the ears...a ?. Amadeo's ears seem to be more pointy...I don't know... And also I think the eagle tattoo is throwing us off....If we go along with the Dutch police he might have come from Eastern Europe....based on his looks...I can see that a bit, but I'm not convinced totally. I don't think he is American at all.

upload_2021-4-3_13-45-53.pngupload_2021-4-3_13-46-9.png

upload_2021-4-3_14-5-42.png

Here I see a woman, but I don't see/understand the thing what seems to come out of her mouth....looks like a Z to me.

I think in general the Dutch police site is quite actual. If somebody is up there I think it's quite likely that status is correct. But as you say, not being up there doesn't mean it's a solved case, can also be per family wishes. They generally don't mention whether and how the case got resolved if they remove somebody.

As such it seems this unidentified man, sadly, still is unidentified.
A couple of the unidentified/Missing on the Netherlands site are on the Located/Closed list on the Doenetwork. Here's a couple. Albert Marinus Snijder still listed as missing but the case has been closed on DN. UID case #03090224 found 2003 is closed on DN.

To me it looks like a tattoo of Jesus, not a woman. And John Doe covered it up with a tattoo of an eagle. I don't think the eagle represents a connection to the USA. Many countries use eagles in their coat of arms.
His tattoos don't look very professional IMHO. But maybe that's what tattoos looked like back in the 90s.

It's funny how we all see different things. I see a tattoo of Che Guevara! I don't think a tattoo of an eagle locks you into a connection to the US either. It's a pretty universal symbol. It does look like a bald eagle, though, with that colouring and they are only found in North America.

Does the news video further upthread regarding this UID show a recreation of the murder scene? If it's a recreation, why is the face of the deceased blurred out? I guess they'd have to do that if it's a recreation since the person standing in for the UID wouldn't look anything like the deceased.

I wish the missing men had better pictures to use as a comparison. The guy on the left looks closest to me.
Josep Maria Moro Requejo
Gilberto Calzolari
View attachment 476655
I don't know. It's hard to compare. I think Gilberto has a more upturned nose. When you die the blood flow stops making your nose turn down a bit more, but to me there is to much of a difference in the whole appearance. Josep seems to have a shorter shin. Somehow I always thought (or maybe I read it somewhere) this John Doe is from Eastern European origin.

The tattoo really reminds me of the case I posted about a guy found in Lommel, Belgium, not far from the border with The Netherlands. He has an eagle/snake/dragon tattoo and then a woman/dragon/snake tattoo (see picture below). Maybe they're from the same region?

Attachments

• 1705943809942.png
    1705943809942.png
    328.4 KB · Views: 3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members