New developments in unsolved Jennings murders

You can go to nola.com and put Akeem Amon Nixon into the search bar and it will take you to the following article concerning this guy.

There was a driveby shooting in Jennings, La., on Thanksgiving day. Akeem Amon NIXON, 21, shot James L. Anderson, 29, in a driveby shooting and is charged with one count of second degree murder, and two counts of attempted first degree murder. NIXON was booked into the Jefferson Davis Parish Jail.
Remember that a Brian Chad Jones and a Lawrence NIXON had been indited and charged with manslaughter in the death of Ernestine Patterson - one of the slain girls. I wonder if this Lawrence NIXON is the same person as Akeem Amon NIXON? He could have converted to Islamic belief.

We know that victim Brittney Gary and her mother, Teresa, had only been back in Jennings from having stayed in Houston and Lufkin with relatives for 4 months. The interesting thing is that Cleveland, Texas, is 45 miles north of Houston, and Lufkin is 79 miles north of Cleveland, Texas. I will explain.
Go to: theadvertiser.com and put the name Dorothy Hey into the site search there and read the three stories it will bring up. Dorothy Hey is from Lake Arthur, Louisiana, and was reported missing October 20th to Lake Arthur Police Dept. in JEFFERSON DAVIS PARISH right outside Jennings. She was found buried in a padlocked box (shallow grave) on her daughter, Betty Fulton's property. Betty Fulton's sister, Roseann Duhon Klumpp, is charged with 2nd degree murder in her mother's death. Authorities believe Dorothy Hey was killed in Louisiana and transported out of state to a storage facility in Iowa, then to Cleveland, Texas, to Betty Fulton's home. Dorothy Hey is the mother of Betty Fulton and Roseann Klumpp.
Betty Fulton and husband, Robert, have been charged with tampering with evidence, and there are related charges for Gordon Hall, 22, family friend. They further believe that Betty Fulton helped bury the body.

Now it seems all these people mentioned above have something in common. They all have ties to Jefferson Davis Parish. I would not be surprised if Akeem Amon NIXON is not actually Lawrence NIXON. When Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, we got inmates in from there all the way up here in Northeast Louisiana. Our facility helped transport them. (I do not work there any longer.) They came in wet, hungry, and tired. There was a problem booking one of them because he was arguing that he wanted to use his new Islamic name and we would not let him because he was sentenced under his original name. It was a mess. They had very little records with them. This inmate's Islamic name was listed as an alias.
This Akeem Amon Nixon guy may be someone who just got out of prison and started using his Islamic name. An unbelieveable number of inmates convert to Islam in prison. Their crimes are usually drug related also.

Sorry for the long post, but I was looking for connections between the victims. And I am glad the FBI is investigating the murders because I do think it should go to FBI rather than local authorities. I fully believe the Gary name is tied into all of it and I mean into Dorothy Hey's murder as well in that I feel they all know each other and know many of the same people. In one of the articles, Brittney Gary's mother says she was asked by the FBI to take a polygraph. I am sorry, but she KNOWS something. I would bet on it. At least she is willing to do that and may already have. (I think it would have been her second one.)

Jennings, La. is on I-10. It is well known to have heavy drug traffic. The route is from California, to the Houston area and on to New Orleans and ending up in Florida. Beaumont, Texas is a port city as well as Lake Charles, La. Lots and lots of drugs.

While I did not get us any answers to the serial killings, I do believe I added more players. I believe T. Gary (won't say her name) could solve this for the FBI if she wanted to. IMO, JMO, and MOO.

I missed this post somehow. Yes, you have some players here and more than likely not all are in a series connected to a serial killer. But, independent killings for their own nefarious purposes. I agree I 10 is a huge heavy drug trafficking area and many unsuspecting gnomes have been used for this purpose.

I do think that this is targeted by a serial killer vs. family dynamics or the usual drug . I believe someone is using this opportunity to blame it on the drug thugs but it is a bit too selective or targeted. The vulnerable.

My sister travels a lot on this route from Houston to southwest La. to visit my father. I have urged her to not stop for gas or food along this route as I believe the serial killer could escalate. Especially now that more public info has come out...which is good that it has come out but bad for the unsuspecting.

JENNINGS, LA (KPLC) - The following is a verbatum of what Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff Ricky Edwards said at a press conference about the seven dead women found over the past several years:

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.a...nav=menu66_1_5

This is a good one, this link..

"However most of the time, the offender or offenders in a serial case end up looking as normal as you and me, the typical guy next door. So, when we ask you to call in with information or tips, keep in mind that whoever is responsible for some - if not all of these cases is likely someone who lives in this community or at least visits here and is familiar with the area. Sadly, we need to look to the right and left of us. It could be someone's uncle or father and that is what is painful for our community. I will always give you the facts and pray that you assist us and not speculate."

That's a good one from the Sheriff. I wonder if they think it may be one of their own? At least they are being educated.

From that list of what type of person they're looking for, i'll bet they'll get a lot of calls in. It seems they've been working hard on the case and had been keeping quiet for awhile. Many times, we expect LE to catch a serial killer in a couple hours due to TV. Some of these serial killers are very hard to catch. Everything has to be down to a science so prosecution has a case. The press conference has reassured me. I really hope they don't mind dealing with a lot of tips called in, the description was vague. At least they are trying..

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20081219/NEWS01/812190325/-1/NEWSFRONT2
At the Jeff Davis Parish courthouse Thursday, Brittany Jones was hoping Sheriff Ricky Edwards would have more answers about what happened to her sister Whitnei Charlene Dubois nearly two years ago.

"I have one question for you," Jones said to Edwards publicly after he presented the new information to residents that day.

"Yes, ma'am," he replied.

"When's the last time you spoke to me?" she said.

"I haven't spoken to you in probably a year and a half," he admitted.

"Why haven't we been questioned?" she fired back. "Why haven't we been asked about the evidence?"
There is also a video at the above link that has interviews with the sisters of two of the victims. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that the sheriff or detectives have not maintained any type of contact with the victim's families :furious:.

"So, when we ask you to call in with information or tips, keep in mind that whoever is responsible for some - if not all of these cases is likely someone who lives in this community or at least visits here and is familiar with the area. Sadly, we need to look to the right and left of us. It could be someone's uncle or father and that is what is painful for our community."
http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9550151&nav=menu66_1_5

..maybe someone in law enforcement is the killer?

"
Do you know someone who is:
Superficially glib and charming
Self-Confident
Appears non-threatening initially
Physically Strong - not to be confused with someone who works out every day at the gym
Frequents the area where the girls go missing from
Quick to Anger especially if rejected
Lures girls with alcohol and drugs (Crack Cocaine)
May have a formal criminal record involving assaultive behavior with a knife and may include burglary
May not necessarily have a violent criminal history"

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9550151&nav=menu66_1_5

That list is very vague and i'm sure they'll get a lot of phone calls. I wonder if they have the staff to handle all of that.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20081219/NEWS01/812190325/-1/NEWSFRONT2
At the Jeff Davis Parish courthouse Thursday, Brittany Jones was hoping Sheriff Ricky Edwards would have more answers about what happened to her sister Whitnei Charlene Dubois nearly two years ago.

"I have one question for you," Jones said to Edwards publicly after he presented the new information to residents that day.

"Yes, ma'am," he replied.

"When's the last time you spoke to me?" she said.

"I haven't spoken to you in probably a year and a half," he admitted.

"Why haven't we been questioned?" she fired back. "Why haven't we been asked about the evidence?"
There is also a video at the above link that has interviews with the sisters of two of the victims. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that the sheriff or detectives have not maintained any type of contact with the victim's families :furious:.

They certainly haven't shown respect to the victims families. Maybe someone in LE is the killer.
The Feds are working with them, right?
Does anyone know how many federal agents are helping local LE?

It's interesting that Edwards neglected to give a "break down" of who is on the task force.

Just a reminder to anyone still interested in this case......three of the seven bodies were found in May 05, May 07 and May 08. Does that mean anything?? I dunno......think it's worth noting though.

For all you locals......who was gone from that area from Jun 05 to Mar 07? Almost two years. Then gone again from May 07 to May 08?

Bolding mine.

Am I the only one who is confused by what he could have meant with those words?

I read it as they are only now paying attention to it now that it's been labeled as a "possible" serial killer. LE should have been aggressively targeting it from day one--from the first murder it should have been a priority. Not just as it becomes a "possible" serial killer, which is what appears to be happening (only getting media and LE attention now that it's been viewed in this manner). If that makes sense.

For all you locals......who was gone from that area from Jun 05 to Mar 07? Almost two years. Then gone again from May 07 to May 08?

Not quite local but Katrina/Rita could fit into this timeframe with possible displacement of the killer or disruption of his plans?

Thank you mae, I turned that over and over in my brain many times and was hoping it was a misprint, and not a direct quote. Your explanation makes sense :)

It's interesting that Edwards neglected to give a "break down" of who is on the task force.

Just a reminder to anyone still interested in this case......three of the seven bodies were found in May 05, May 07 and May 08. Does that mean anything?? I dunno......think it's worth noting though.

Someone that's away for college? Many colleges start their summer break in May.

Just a thought,
fran

I read it as they are only now paying attention to it now that it's been labeled as a "possible" serial killer. LE should have been aggressively targeting it from day one--from the first murder it should have been a priority. Not just as it becomes a "possible" serial killer, which is what appears to be happening (only getting media and LE attention now that it's been viewed in this manner). If that makes sense.

The serial killer must be offended and pissed off that LE is not paying him that much attention or bothering to give him a nickname. I wonder if he'll act out again somehow to give us clues.

The serial killer must be offended and pissed off that LE is not paying him that much attention or bothering to give him a nickname. I wonder if he'll act out again somehow to give us clues.

They usually escalate so this possible. It depends on what stressors are in his life and given the economy, creating more pressure on everyone, he may become more active. He has a hatred for females so I wonder what the females in his life are experiencing??

http://www.americanpress.com/lc/blogs/wpnewssum/?p=4677

A legislative committee on Friday appropriated $250,000 to help law enforcers investigate the deaths of seven women since 2005 in Jeff Davis Parish.

The Joint Legislative Committee on the Budget authorized the money to pay expenses and overtime for state police and the Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff’s Office’s Multi-agency Investigative Team.

Very interesting thought process. I was actually thinking along similar lines...only who might have been "in" the area during the times of the murder and who perhaps suddenly is spending more time closer to Jennings.
It could go either way. A local who has to travel or someone who hunts or works periodically in Jennings area. Are their any rodeos or special hunting events or any events that bring people to Jennings in the month of May?

Not quite local but Katrina/Rita could fit into this timeframe with possible displacement of the killer or disruption of his plans?

Yes, I had posted in a rather long post that inmates from New Orleans and surrounding parishes were housed in my parish during and even after Katrina/Rita. Some of those inmates remained in the facility until they got out a year or so later or were transfered back down south Louisiana.

Some were parole violations and so forth that even had to be transported back to their particular parish for court.

I honestly believe that there is a possibility that this serial killer could have been incarcerated during the lull in the killings. Maybe it was drug related. Who knows? One thing for sure is that this killer needs to be found and made to pay for what he has done.

These women may not have been model citizens, but their lives WERE important to friends and family - someone loved them. I did not know any of the victims, but their lives meant something to me.

I look forward to checking this thread and one day reading that this evil murdering person has been apprehended!!!

These women may not have been model citizens, but their lives WERE important to friends and family - someone loved them. I did not know any of the victims, but their lives meant something to me.

I look forward to checking this thread and one day reading that this evil murdering person has been apprehended!!!

I totally agree! Louisiana leads the nation in a lot of bad things, one of which is violence against women.

Yes, I had posted in a rather long post that inmates from New Orleans and surrounding parishes were housed in my parish during and even after Katrina/Rita. Some of those inmates remained in the facility until they got out a year or so later or were transfered back down south Louisiana.

Some were parole violations and so forth that even had to be transported back to their particular parish for court.

I honestly believe that there is a possibility that this serial killer could have been incarcerated during the lull in the killings. Maybe it was drug related. Who knows? One thing for sure is that this killer needs to be found and made to pay for what he has done.

It would be easy for LE to check who was incarcerated during that time frame. I would also check military records for locals and see what deployment dates were available. Then, I would check mental institutions for admit/discharge dates. Jennings is so small that this would not be a monumental task.

After all of this has been ruled out or in, then I would widen the search area. For one thing, I don't believe a serial would stop killing for almost 2 years but anything is possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back