New website for Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
nina, if you've seen pics of lisa and her mom, whoever took those pics would make them available for the website? the absence of a pic of lisa with her mom is just shocking to me. and, surely other friends and fam took pics of the bradwins other than possible pics on those "missing" phones?

Respectfully snipped.

deblisa-1.jpg

On the bottom of this picture, it says "picture courtesy of Rickey and Melanie Irwin." We've heard that Rick and Melanie have never met Lisa, so I would assume Deb or Jeremy probably sent this picture to them at some point.

I don't know why this picture is not on a website, and I don't care to speculate. As I've already said, the "Pictures and Videos" section of the site clearly says "Coming soon." Hope that helps. :seeya:

If you go through the trouble, one click, to open the pdf file link that information is given as to where and when she was abducted.
RE your 2nd paragraph: What should they put for identifiers if a baby may change that much as you state?
Did you use the contact us link to suggest any positive changes so that Lisa may be found quicker?

Not everybody has the application to read PDF files. The most important information shouldn't be hidden in a PDF file IMO.

Sorry, I don't know Lisa, so I can't presume to tell you how she can be identified.

I hope they are working with NCMEC to get age progression images done.

cityslick, I think what most people are upset about is the timing of this. Why wasn't it done immediately? Why now after all this time? Many of us here feel that this was the defence's idea, and it really does seem suspicious KWIM?

:seeya:

BBM: I agree ... The first thing that came to mind when I saw this website was the defense attorneys -- AND -- IF -- a BIG IF here, the defense attorneys are involved with this website ...

My question is WHY -- and WHY NOW ?

Which then makes me wonder IF -- a BIG IF here, there is "something" going on with LE that has NOT been made public ? :doh: LE has revealed virtually nothing in this case ...

So ... I am wondering IF it is possible that a grand jury MIGHT convene on this case ? And is it possible that LE has "something" NEW ?

:waitasec:

MOO ...

what about an age-progression pic? there are websites out there to obtain one. if babies change that much, why hasn't one been created and subsequently made available to the public?

[ame]http://video.foxnews.com/v/1279722319001/whats-next-in-the-search-for-baby-lisa[/ame]

Here is a MK video with NCMEC Robert Lowery on Lisa's case. He talks a little bit about age progression photos at 2:45 in the video.

nina-- all i see is a gray box with nothing inside...

can you give a synopsis of what was said? thanks!

nina-- all i see is a gray box with nothing inside...

can you give a synopsis of what was said? thanks!

If you click "Fox News" it should bring you to the video. For some reason Fox videos make that box on WS.

He says that NCMEC would need pictures of the whole family when they were Lisa's age. He says they fully intend on working with KCPD at some point in time for an age progression on Lisa if that becomes necessary.

ETA: I am speculating that Lisa has not been missing long enough for NCMEC to do an age progression photo. From their website:

Since 1990, NCMEC’s Forensic Imaging Unit has created 1,231 age-enhanced images of children who have been missing for more than two years.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/NewsEventServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=390

I can't find the address or the part of the town that Lisa was kidnapped from anywhere on the site. It might help to generate tips if people knew.

I also can't find anything about the sightings of a man with the naked baby. Wouldn't that be useful to know? Maybe someone else saw the same man somewhere else and would report it?

There is no info about the stolen cellphones. Wouldn't it be useful to mention them so that someone knows to report finding them?

How about the call to Megan Wright? If someone knows something about MW or her friends that could solve this case they would have no idea that it's connected reading this site.

:seeya:

BBM: I agree ... The first thing that came to mind when I saw this website was the defense attorneys -- AND -- IF -- a BIG IF here, the defense attorneys are involved with this website ...

My question is WHY -- and WHY NOW ?

Which then makes me wonder IF -- a BIG IF here, there is "something" going on with LE that has NOT been made public ? :doh: LE has revealed virtually nothing in this case ...

So ... I am wondering IF it is possible that a grand jury MIGHT convene on this case ? And is it possible that LE has "something" NEW ?

:waitasec:

MOO ...

It seems to be part of the strategy nowadays. Keeping them alive is the way many of these cases go. It is more profitable that way. Remember CA? She did the same thing. She insisted the baby was alive even after she cremated her. It generated interest and money flowed. They had their private "tip" line.:banghead:

The reward was not collected in Caylee's case even though the body was located...and IIRC, it was Crimestoppers who didn't pay.

cityslick, I think what most people are upset about is the timing of this. Why wasn't it done immediately? Why now after all this time? Many of us here feel that this was the defence's idea, and it really does seem suspicious KWIM?

I get that, but what's the solution to that, not do anything? You're right, it should of been done sooner. It's being done now. Would you rather the site not be up?

I'm mean really, what are we complaining about? Is the same complaints going to happen if the parents decide to talk to LE seperate now?

I get that, but what's the solution to that, not do anything? You're right, it should of been done sooner. It's being done now. Would you rather the site not be up?

I'm mean really, what are we complaining about? Is the same complaints going to happen if the parents decide to talk to LE seperate now?

IIRC there were other Lisa Irwin websites, it appears the family thought a new one would give more coverage.

IIRC there were other Lisa Irwin websites, it appears the family thought a new one would give more coverage.

I dunno, it just reinforces my belief that there is nothing that can be done at this stage that's not going to open the parents to criticism, even if it's something that should be seen as positive to finding their daughter (whether that be putting up a website, working with an agency, talking with LE, etc). Anything they do now will always be deemed as some sort of 'defense strategy' or 'damage control'.

These parents have been vilified.

I dunno, it just reinforces my belief that there is nothing that can be done at this stage that's not going to open the parents to criticism, even if it's something that should be seen as positive to finding their daughter (whether that be putting up a website, working with an agency, talking with LE, etc). Anything they do now will always be deemed as some sort of 'defense strategy' or 'damage control'.

You forgot to add "making a profit" to that list. :what:

OT, is anyone else getting the "voices" when you mouse over the ads on the sidebar here? It is getting very irritating .. but maybe it's just the voices in my head again. :floorlaugh:

Announcing this site on Facebook to only people that read there or have "liked" the page hardly seems genuine. No one that reads there is oblivious to pictures of Lisa or that she is missing. Their attorney went on National TV announcing a website, www.findbabylisa.com for this same person and no one has bothered to update it in four months.

Local attorney for family of Lisa Irwin sets up website to provide information about case

October 24

"KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The local attorney for Lisa Irwin’s family, Cyndy Short, told NBC Action News a website has been set up to provide information about the case.
<snip>
The new website, FindBabyLisa.com , also has a link to a Facebook page that is endorsed by the family."

I'm not vilifying the family, I'm just not impressed by this "effort". I can build a website in an hour.

Announcing this site on Facebook to only people that read there or have "liked" the page hardly seems genuine. No one that reads there is oblivious to pictures of Lisa or that she is missing. Their attorney went on National TV announcing a website, www.findbabylisa.com for this same person and no one has bothered to update it in four months.

Local attorney for family of Lisa Irwin sets up website to provide information about case

October 24

"KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The local attorney for Lisa Irwin&#8217;s family, Cyndy Short, told NBC Action News a website has been set up to provide information about the case.
<snip>
The new website, FindBabyLisa.com , also has a link to a Facebook page that is endorsed by the family."

I'm not vilifying the family, I'm just not impressed by this "effort". I can build a website in an hour.

A website with the purpose of finding a missing child is supposed to impress you? I don't think that is the intent with a site such as that. If you can do better, than do so. I'm sure it would be appreciated.

Where else are they supposed to announce the site. A social networking site doesn't seem like a bad idea.

A website with the purpose of finding a missing child is supposed to impress you? I don't think that is the intent with a site such as that. If you can do better, than do so. I'm sure it would be appreciated.

Where else are they supposed to announce the site. A social networking site doesn't seem like a bad idea.

Not about me, I was expressing my opinion.

I can't help but wonder if there will be a new development soon - or some sort of press conference, talk show, etc.,.

The owner of the website is local.

I can't help but wonder if there will be a new development soon - or some sort of press conference, talk show, etc.,.

The owner of the website is local.

Yeah something is going on. Why didn't they have a press conference to announce this? Why didn't they do it before the Dr. Phill show?

Yeah something is going on. Why didn't they have a press conference to announce this? Why didn't they do it before the Dr. Phill show?

Very interesting, the whois goes back to an investment firm. :waitasec:

When I checked the WHOIS yesterday, it was to an individual (first name, last name), with a horse-related domain, but I didn't go to that website.

I didn't see an investment firm, just Network Solutions which is a domain registrar/etc..

Could be wrong, or it changed since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member