GUILTY New Zealand - Blesilda 'Blessie' Gotingco, 56, Auckland, 24 May 2014

Lovely indeed!

10387383_742860075766673_4614251656807337247_n.jpg

Blessie's warmth remembered
MARIKA HILL AND JOSH FAGAN
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/10086661/Blesilda-Gotingco-search-turns-to-cemetery

"Auckland woman Blesilda "Blessie" Gotingco is being remembered as someone who warmed people’s hearts with her kindness and laughter."

"'FRIENDLY NATURE'

Thousands of people, including friends, workmates and family, have expressed their sadness on Facebook pages set up for Gotingco.

"Blessie always warmed my day with her sweet, friendly nature when we worked together," former colleague Czerina Kirkwood wrote."

They certainly grabbed the alleged perp early … before dawn. They knew exactly what they were onto last night, I’d say, and were not going to give him a chance to go anywhere at all.

I think someone must have seen that car and they linked it back to him.

And that windscreen replacement .... was this a hit and run-with-the-victim, or was the glass broken during a struggle in an abduction?

Police have continued to search an apartment on Monte Cassino Place in Birkdale where the man charged with Ms Gotingco was arrested in the pre-dawn darkness.

Resident Steve Meadows says he heard a series of thumps at about 5.45am as police raided his neighbour's house.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/windscreen-could-clue-in-auckland-woman-s-murder-5982436

They certainly grabbed the alleged perp early … before dawn. They knew exactly what they were onto last night, I’d say, and were not going to give him a chance to go anywhere at all.

And that windscreen replacement .... was this a hit and run-with-the-victim, or was the glass broken during a struggle in an abduction?

I believe hit and run. Then panic and dump the body. Then be stupid and call someone to repair it and then the repairman sees perhaps blood or something that doesn't look like a "normal" windscreen break. Cue call to the police and then arrest.

I believe hit and run. Then panic and dump the body. Then be stupid and call someone to repair it and then the repairman sees perhaps blood or something that doesn't look like a "normal" windscreen break. Cue call to the police and then arrest.

I think this too. Likely speeding, knew he'd be charged and thought maybe he could get away with it. Idiot.

I actually really hope this is what it was, as it means it's less likely she suffered. But then.... if he'd called an ambulance straight away maybe she'd be alive.

Pretty sure a windscreen repairman would be able to tell it was an impact break, and I'm also sure he'd get to thinking 'wait, that poor woman...'. Calling the repair guy to your house when you live so near.... idiot again. But I'm glad he's an idiot, because at least he won't be a free idiot.

BBM:

I think this too. Likely speeding, knew he'd be charged and thought maybe he could get away with it. Idiot.

I actually really hope this is what it was, as it means it's less likely she suffered. But then.... if he'd called an ambulance straight away maybe she'd be alive.

Pretty sure a windscreen repairman would be able to tell it was an impact break, and I'm also sure he'd get to thinking 'wait, that poor woman...'. Calling the repair guy to your house when you live so near.... idiot again. But I'm glad he's an idiot, because at least he won't be a free idiot.

Interesting thoughts / theories re: a possible hit and run type situation.

<You know, the great thing about Websleuths is that you can learn something new here everyday :)>

Googling Time Zone info on NZ:

:lookingitup: >

Current time is 7.50am Wednesday

So, does that make it yesterday or tomorrow right now? :biggrin:

I'm all confused, so will he appear this morning, or in another 24 hours? Sorry, all confused, trying to educate myself.

eta: ok, so if its almost 8am there, and it is almost 2pm here on the same date, that would mean you guys are 8 hours behind Colorado...:waitasec:

Sorry for the O/T.

eta: all confused, lol, you guys are ahead, disregard post, see correction below, I thought it was Wed today.

margarita, is it Tuesday or Wednesday where you are?

:floorlaugh:

Hahahaha wait a minute, it is Tuesday here. Sorry, I'm all confused because yesterday was Memorial day, a holiday!

So it really is tomorrow over there, as today is Tuesday here in the USA, lol.

So, then, you guys are 18 hours ahead over there? :waitasec: I initially thought you guys were ahead! (Sorry for the brainfart over here, carry on, lol).

So, the suspect will arrive in court sometime shortly today then.

:waiting:

eta: Now, I'm wondering what season it is there, lol :lookingitup:

QMFR:

Seeing on fb a discussion about possible "name suppression" in NZ? (googling)

New Zealand / Name Suppression Law:

"Name suppression
What is name suppression?
Name suppression means that a person's name and any details that may identify them cannot be published (for example, the person's name cannot be published in a newspaper article about the case).

Note: Criminal Procedure Act 2011, s.196)Except in specific circumstances, the hearing of all criminal proceedings in all courts is open to the public. The principle of open justice is a key principle in the New Zealand legal system (for information see the chapter the &#8220;New Zealand Legal System&#8221;).
When is name suppression available?
(Criminal Procedure Act 2011, ss.200-204)

Name suppression is available in the following situations:

for victims and defendants in specific sexual cases, the aim being to protect the victim
for children under 17 who are complainants or witnesses in criminal proceedings
as provided in any statute; for example, section 438 of the Children, Young Persons, and Their Families Act 1989 restricts publication of any proceedings of the Youth Court except with the leave of the court
for defendants and any other person connected to proceedings (for example, witnesses, victims), at the discretion of the court, subject to certain considerations.
What factors are relevant in deciding whether to grant name suppression?
(Criminal Procedure Act 2011, s.200(2)

The court may make an order for name suppression only if it is satisfied that publishing the defendant's name would be likely to:

cause extreme hardship to the defendant or people connected with the defendant (for example, the defendant's family)
cast suspicion on another person that may cause them undue hardship
cause undue hardship to a victim
create a real risk of prejudicing a fair trial
endanger any person's safety
lead to the identification of another person who has name suppression
prejudice the maintenance of the law or the security or defence of New Zealand.
Note: Criminal Procedure Act 2011, s.200(3)The fact that a defendant is well-known does not necessarily mean they will be eligible for name suppression on the basis that they would suffer extreme hardship.

More at link:
http://www.communitylaw.org.nz/community-law-manual/chapter-30-criminal-court-proceedings/name-suppression/

Death of Blessie: Inside the early-morning arrest
Accused was known to authorities and was under supervision.

"The man accused of murdering Blessie Gotingco is known to authorities.

The 27-year-old was arrested early yesterday, just hours after the 56-year-old mother-of-three's body was found in an area of bush at the Birkenhead-Glenfield cemetery on Eskdale Rd.

He will appear in the North Shore District Court this morning charged with murder. For legal reasons the Herald cannot name the man or publish details of his past.

As the matter was before the courts, police could not comment on the man or how he and Mrs Gotingco's paths crossed. But it is understood that soon after she went missing, the man was identified as a possible suspect.

The accused was living just 1.4km from Mrs Gotingco's Salisbury Rd home and 800m from the bus stop where she is thought to have got on off on her way home from work on Saturday."

"Mrs Gotingco was last seen leaving Tower Insurance where she worked in customer interaction, at about 7pm on Saturday. She took Birkenhead Transport's 973 bus from Lower Albert St to Birkdale Rd and it is thought she was walking the short stretch home when she encountered the accused.

The search for Mrs Gotingco moved to the cemetery on Monday night. It is unclear who found her body but police stormed his Monte Cassino Pl apartment less than 12 hours later."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11262924

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craftymom74