NH NH - Dorothy Bois, 22, Nashua, 3 Oct 1973

Afaik, the NH State Police have compared Dorothy to that UID. I sent in the possible match to Namus back when Dorothy was added into Namus. I think I read that she was ruled out, but I'll have to find notes on it.

Thanks for the update.

Current list of Unidentified Person Exclusions per NamUs
UP6279 12/18/1996 Fairfax VA
UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VA

I wonder if there's a reason why they've compared two UID's down in VA.
I know recently (within maybe the last 12 months) Virginia UID cases started showing up on a lot of exclusion lists...I think I may have known but just forgotten why. The majority of lists I’ve seen have at least one Virginia UID on it, from all over the US. That probably doesn’t answer your question though :p

I wonder if there's a reason why they've compared two UID's down in VA.

I forget what it says but there is some law in VA that requires them to check their unidentified more rigorously against possible matches than other states do. So you will see a lot of VA UID ruleouts on missing person cases even if there is no VA connection. I tried searching for this law to get more details but I can't find anything about it now. Another WS member posted about it on another case and that's how I first heard it. The rule-outs don't indicate anything about the direction of an investigation. They only indicate someone, at some point, requested a comparison and it was looked at and ruled out-- in this case a comparison was probably initiated by the VA Medical Examiners, not the NH detectives. IMO.

Thank you @Gardener1850 ! I saw it here too, I just can’t recall where. I’m sure I’ll find it again when I least expect it ;)

Might be crazy, but her house is directly across from a large cemetery. If something happened to her at her home, is it possible she could have been buried there? Wild or not, this can also serve as a bump.

Attachments

• cemetery.jpg
    cemetery.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 2
Might be crazy, but her house is directly across from a large cemetery. If something happened to her at her home, is it possible she could have been buried there? Wild or not, this can also serve as a bump.
Interesting hypothesis, @goldiewest
It might be worthwhile to see if anyone was buried around the time she went missing and check out their graves.

I keep looking into this and wish I knew more about her life and personality before she went missing. Has there ever been an official profile or interview with surviving family members before their passing?

I found the wedding announcement of Kenneth's 1974 remarriage after Dorothy's disappearance in the Nashua Telegraph, 1974. I'm not posting it since it does have the second wife's name on it. It's from November 2, 1974 and I'll post a small post that only talks about Kenneth's side. Their wedding trip was to Niagra Falls and it appears that she had just graduated High School the year before.

It mentions Kenneth as currently (1974) living at: "247 Main Dunstable Rd, is a graduate of NH Vocational Technical College and is a self employed contractor."

Yes, It's been mentioned in other articles that he remarried the next year and later divorced from this second wife. I found the marriage announcement which is on Newspapers.com, but avoided posting just because it gave out his ex-wife's name and family information.

upload_2022-1-26_10-38-15-jpeg.331400
upload_2022-1-26_10-38-45-jpeg.331401

PA - PA - Fort Indiantown Gap, WhtFem 12-20, 609UFPA, extensive dental work, covered w/ plastic, Oct'73
Dorothy Ann Bois – The Charley Project

Dorothy Ann Bois​

The 1973 missing person case of Dorothy Ann Bois.​

Cold Case Unit

photo of missing person dorothy ann bois

Year of Death or Disappearance: 1973
City/Town: Nashua
Dorothy Ann Bois was reported missing to the Nashua Police Department in the early morning hours of October 4, 1973. At that time, Dorothy was 22 years old, 4'10", and weighed approximately 100 lbs. She was living at 100 Kinsley Street, first floor, with her husband Kenneth Bois when she was last seen. At that time, Dorothy had brown hair and hazel eyes.

Since she was reported missing, friends and family have not had any contact with Dorothy. In March 2009, the Nashua Police Department re-opened and continued the investigation into Dorothy's disappearance, and that investigation led the Nashua Police Department to obtain search warrants for two properties in Nashu.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oma13
Back