NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 9 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my recollection that both SM and KM talked of the ropes in the beginning as a sex play gone too far prop. Why hasn't the rope been found. It wasn't on the body when the other two weak links showed up and when they were going with Plan B it included the rope so one would think they would want it to be found so it completed their story. Just my opinion.

We know that Kat is a liar, and that the rope hasn't been found.
However I still believe that rope was involved, because
A: The reported marks on Lizzie's neck and
B: The reported bags on Lizzie's head wouldn't have caused the strangulation (the doctor even confirmed this during her testimony today)

I understand that nobody has recovered/found the reported ropes but that doesn't mean that there wasn't a rope used to strangle Lizzie. Nobody has recovered Lizzie's body either :( . Just because something isn't recovered/found; doesn't mean it didn't exist. KWIM?
Did they ever recover the reported bags? I don't remember if they did or not... I understand that you don't believe what KM, PH, SM and RG have said in/out of court but there seems to be truth sprinkled into some of their testimony IMHO. There is some physical evidence that corroborates some of their testimony. I also understand that some believe RG and PH had more to do with all of this, other than what was testified to and I guess anything is possible. I just don't believe it's probable... If RG and PH had anything to do with this you'd better believe that SM and KM would have rolled on them a long time ago. Instead SM was plotting to kill RG, and pin that on PH. Just because something is possible doesn't make it probable. So to simplify this IMHO
There was rope and
PH and RG most likely didn't have anything more to do with all of this; other than what was testified to.
JMHO :moo:

Seth and Kat (I know I sound like a broken record) remind me of the Hayes' case. Something happened in the apartment to cause Lizzy's and Laura's death, but no one knows other than those present that night.

I think Seth will go down on Murder 2 just like Amanda did. Kat's testimony just really wasn't all that convincing, to me, and I could see her being an active participant in the whole situation.

As with Laura, there is no doubt that these 2 lured and murdered and disposed of Lizzy and if not for phone records and some really lucky (for Laura) decisions made on Grant and Amanda's part, Laura's case would have been a no-body case as well.

Good points, Surfie -- I hadn't made that connection, but you are right on the spot!

And, how do I say this -- it's good to have the actual corpus delicti in a case.

293707_464874123565017_1884618801_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/riplizziemarriott

That pic has just made me cry. Oh, sweet little Lizzi. <sigh> Sweet little girl.

grrrrrrr

I was thinking about the defense strategy today and I realized that their strategy is much like Casey Anthony/Baez's strategy... Blame someone else ie: George Anthony and in this case blame KM. Make everyone hate that person (GA/KM) exploit every bad flaw, characteristic, bad choices they've made and create reasonable doubt by making it their fault... I do think KM had a lot to do with LM's death/murder but I don't believe she acted alone, it is however easy to hate/dislike her because she isn't going to pay for what she did to Lizzie :( I do hope that the jury sets all of that aside and convicts Seth and realizes that THIS trial isn't about KM. Let's hope it doesn't work in this case the way it did in the other. :moo:
PS. I wish KM was going to have her murder trial next, but unfortunately she received the deal of a lifetime. <crosses fingers and hopes for karma>

It just occurred to me: SM looks like he has been put on either an anti-psychotic like Risperdal or something for bipolar, like lithium. Wonder if he was in medical because they diagnosed him as bipolar. The grandiosity and wild scheming would certainly fit. So would the big weight gain and general moon-faced appearance. Twenty-nine would be pretty old for a first psychotic episode if it were schizophrenia, but I not unheard of. My vote is bipolar.

ETA: Maybe that's why Murphy's Castle, his drug start-up business partner, made the comment about his being "obviously psychotic" -- trying to get in there that there had been some issues with his mental health while he was in jail.

Maybe a psychologist that will testify that he didn't have control over Kat? Maybe someone he worked with who will say he was a nice guy? Maybe someone who will testify that KM said she was abused by her parents and deprived of food and/or had an eating disorder (guessing based on questions he asked of her mother and others)?

I have not seen opening statements, so am going to back to watch those now.

I joined this trial maybe day5 and have yet to see the openings. Have just watched state...it was good and laid it right out and after listening to that I don't know how a jury, even if confused by Barth's skills, could let him walk.

Wasn't Juan Martinez going against Alice LaViolet even more...persistent? ...abrasive?

Yes clearly JM went at her but that was very different...everything about Alyce was a target...she should never have been there as an expert...the Dr. today was so good that Barth looked really bad going after her and yet what she was saying with such creditabilty blew his theory out the door so guess he had to try. I think the jury will consider her testimony very seriously...not like many other witnesses this week.

Wow- Paul is prob one of the best witnesses I have seen in a looong time. No wonder why they saved him til the end. The attorney is the one stumbling. Haven't heard from the Renegade yet ( BARTH ).

As for Mrs. McDonoughs testimony - a lot of positive feedback - that she was honest...

There is something... there is a secret -- something happened. The way a kid leaves a house speaks volumes... KAT wanted NOTHUNG to do with these people. These people remind me of THE ANTHONYS- the insane , normal family.

Something is up... I know it (IMO)
Love ya,
G

I dont at all - this judge is very wordy and narrates every step and every ruling. Stephens has a slow drawl but uses very few words. IMO

It was more about his looks. I need to go find a pic of Stephens younger and compare.
But the speaking and cadence did trigger something also, perhaps it is just the "soothing" sounds of judges in general I am hearing (in MOST cases). :blush:

I was thinking about the defense strategy today and I realized that their strategy is much like Casey Anthony/Baez's strategy... Blame someone else ie: George Anthony and in this case blame KM. Make everyone hate that person (GA/KM) exploit every bad flaw, characteristic, bad choices they've made and create reasonable doubt by making it their fault... I do think KM had a lot to do with LM's death/murder but I don't believe she acted alone, it is however easy to hate/dislike her because she isn't going to pay for what she did to Lizzie :( I do hope that the jury sets all of that aside and convicts Seth and realizes that THIS trial isn't about KM. Let's hope it doesn't work in this case the way it did in the other. :moo:
PS. I wish KM was going to have her murder trial next, but unfortunately she received the deal of a lifetime. <crosses fingers and hopes for karma>

You know I think that is an excellent comparison...sure hope it does not work here.

Whoa, defense opening statement is horrible. Barth is awful. I mean, really? Within the first two minutes, he's insisting that LM consented to the harness and collar that restricted her breathing. Who on earth is going to buy that? I tend to agree that SM must have directed this hare-brained defense.

"So this kinda lonely gamer met this engaging, involved, creative, and self-described nymphomaniac, and he was taken, taken by KM. She would complain at times that he could not keep up with sexually with her... KM was very much driving this train, and we'll get into some of those details." Poor SM, lonely misunderstood loser gamer.

ETA: Barth promises testimony from Andi Fowler. I guess she must be part of the defense's case. Claims that she'll testify that KM was abused at home by her father.

There was also a dumpster behind the convenience store that Paul saw Seth coming from the back---that could be where ropes are

There is a dumpster in the parking lot that the outside door (that is closest to Seth's apartment) leads to...
And there's also one behind the store (that is right in front of the building)

Whoa, defense opening statement is horrible. Barth is awful. I mean, really? Within the first two minutes, he's insisting that LM consented to the harness and collar that restricted her breathing. Who on earth is going to buy that? I tend to agree that SM must have directed this hare-brained defense.

I just tried to watch it, but had to take a break. Barth just irks me. And if I had a dollar for every time he takes his glasses on and off......driving me nuts.
And ITA about the harness/collar......I will never believe Lizzi consented to that, and I don't think the jury will either.

I'm going to try and get through the rest tomorrow.

I missed opening statements as well, so will have to watch Barth's before Monday.

Barth claimed in his opening statement that LM had a rope harness on her & a collar that restricted movement, then he went on to claim that KM was sitting on LM's face & using breath control & LM died from that, suffocation.

Seth is in three different places at once. Two for sure. Kat had both cells and had to call to get let in. Paul has him coming from behind store. Can't remember what Roberta said.

OMG, "Are we painting tonight?" according to Barth, is that literally they were planning to paint an apartment. Jeesh. I should have watched this earlier.

That neighbor was in another building altogether. I am talking about the neighbors who's apartments are under, over or next to SM's apartment.

This is an old mill building. You can everything that's going on, especially neighbors next door and above and below you.
You can hear it when ur neighbor is talking on the phone or singing or....yah...whatever else they're doing.

OMG, "Are we painting tonight?" according to Barth, is that literally they were planning to paint an apartment. Jeesh. I should have watched this earlier.
Wish I could ask Barth why Kat would be 'nervous' about painting.

bbm

Yes, she got a great deal on jail time, but isn't her probation period for years & years?? Can anyone see that dumb broad keepin' it straight for 10 years or more?? What will/can she do for work? Will she live with her mom for all that time? Can her mother support her in her own apt & buy her a car? Will KM move in with another winner and keep her nose clean?? And if she screws up, it's

images

Think about it...

Karma indeed.
Heh-heh-heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics