GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said they were looking for Krista. Was she even reported missing at that time?

And yes, they probably would have left her flip flop there, because if they took it with them it would be more incriminating.

The articles also says the father of the baby was once jailed for not paying child support. MOTIVE right there, imo

Sat. 4/23/11 6:30 am was when her car was found with the baby inside.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/04/28/autopsy-to-shed-light-on-mothers-mysterious-death/

The medical examiner’s office conducted an autopsy Thursday, but Young said the results would not be released pending further investigation and toxicology results. Young said those results may not be available for six to eight weeks.

The woman’s sister, Kayla spoke at Thursday night’s memorial.

“Krista, I love you so much. I hope you see how many people care about you right now,” she said. “We know you’re looking down and your daughter’s going to grow up to be an amazing person just like you were.”

She also offered her appreciation to thosue who helped in the search and recovery. “I really want to thank the people that helped find her,” said Kayla.

The child’s father is currently serving time in prison on a drug-related conviction.

Richard Acker, 28, the brother of the child’s father, was stopped by Conway police at 11:52 p.m. at Cranmore. According to a police report, Acker was with Corey Poland, 25, of Portland, Maine, who was arrested on a charge of willful concealment.

The report says the men told an officer they were friends of Dittmeyer’s and they were looking for her. They also said they were looking for a fort someone had built in the woods, and found a flip-flop Dittmeyer was wearing on the day she disappeared. The men said they left the flip-flop where they found it.

Dittmeyer grew up in Bridgton and graduated from Lake Region High School three years ago. She was living in Portland, Maine, and working as a waitress at a South Portland restaurant when she disappeared.

A fund has been set up to help the family cover the costs of memorial services.

I am sorry for not introducing myself first. I am a new member after many years of lurking here. I want to say I am very pleased with how this board is run, and often amazed at the talent of the posters here. My hat's off to you all. I am happy to be a new "websleuther". Krista's case is not far from me and it is a very sad turn of events. Rest in peace Krista. I do believe justice will be served in this case.

This case is the polar opposite of Holly Bobo. Here we have family searching for her at night and finding a sandal....and I'm sure everyone now believes he's a suspect. This is the exact reason why the Bobo's weren't allowed out in the field to search...

I was really praying they would find her alive. RIP Krista. Does it not sound kinda strange that the father of her child wasn't paying his child support and was behind bars and they find his brother in the same woods that Krista vanished from..........sounds like someone was trying to get completely out of paying child support. Sounds really fishy to me.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/04/28/autopsy-to-shed-light-on-mothers-mysterious-death/

The medical examiner’s office conducted an autopsy Thursday, but Young said the results would not be released pending further investigation and toxicology results. Young said those results may not be available for six to eight weeks.

The woman’s sister, Kayla spoke at Thursday night’s memorial.

“Krista, I love you so much. I hope you see how many people care about you right now,” she said. “We know you’re looking down and your daughter’s going to grow up to be an amazing person just like you were.”

She also offered her appreciation to thosue who helped in the search and recovery. “I really want to thank the people that helped find her,” said Kayla.

The child’s father is currently serving time in prison on a drug-related conviction.

Richard Acker, 28, the brother of the child’s father, was stopped by Conway police at 11:52 p.m. at Cranmore. According to a police report, Acker was with Corey Poland, 25, of Portland, Maine, who was arrested on a charge of willful concealment.

The report says the men told an officer they were friends of Dittmeyer’s and they were looking for her. They also said they were looking for a fort someone had built in the woods, and found a flip-flop Dittmeyer was wearing on the day she disappeared. The men said they left the flip-flop where they found it.
Dittmeyer grew up in Bridgton and graduated from Lake Region High School three years ago. She was living in Portland, Maine, and working as a waitress at a South Portland restaurant when she disappeared.

A fund has been set up to help the family cover the costs of memorial services.

i'd love to know what that charge of willful concealment is all about.

i'd love to know what that charge of willful concealment is all about.

It was an open warrant for a shoplifting charge at L. L. Bean.

Source: Conway Daily Sun

Excerpt:
"The other man, Corey Poland, 25, of Portland, has no local criminal history beyond his arrest for willful concealment early Wednesday morning.

Willful concealment is the charge assigned for shoplifting.

"An officer met them at the fitness center, where Poland was placed under arrest for the outstanding warrant. He was released on $1,000 personal recognisance bail, with one of his bail conditions being that he stays away from the L.L. Bean store."

Does LE have any suspects or any idea what happened yet? I haven't heard anything.

A woman went alone with her baby in the back seat to meet 3 guys for a drug deal?

Sounds like suicide.

Good thing the baby was unharmed.

I mean it sounds like a pretty foolish thing for her to be doing - dealing drugs -and with her baby.

If this was some black girl from Baltimore working 2 jobs to suport her kid that went missing we would have no news stories to link and we wouldn't even be talking about it.

But the pretty white girl in Maine gets the national news treatment. and it turns out she's a drug dealer. The irony of the situation.

Sorry for her family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member