NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot of theories out there that are well presented and somewhat sensible. But some require larger leaps of faith than others. In the end, we don't necessarily know what's relevant and what's not. Surely some things might be important, other things may be totally unrelated.

She looked up a Web search about alcohol and early pregnancy.

She called Stowe, VT and Linda Salomone's place for lodging.

There was a rag found in her tail pipe.

She lied about a death in her family to excuse herself from school.

There's dozens of pieces of information one can use and form a basis of what may have happened to Maura. Again, some things are more believable than others.

However, I think it's certainly worth considering that perhaps Maura's dissapearence is a result of things beyond her control and little or nothing is truly connected. There's definitely outcomes that I feel are less probable but at this point nothing can really be ruled out either.

I have been thinking a lot about Maura for the last couple weeks, and what any of these details about her life could mean as they relate to her disappearance.

I had an extremely stressful time in mid-March. Work was insane, I lost my mother at the end of 2016 and I'm in the process of selling her homes from almost a thousand miles away, executing her will, and dealing with her taxes, as well as my own and my husband's, and I can attest that when people are really stressed, they get preoccupied, they focus on certain things and not others, and can make some very dumb choices and mistakes.

I worked until 9 PM two nights in a row and after I got home the first night, I spent hours tracking down documents that I needed to get to the accountant for taxes. I was tired very busy the next day, and... well, I did not notice that my gas light was on. It was probably on when I left for work at 7:30 am, it was probably on when I went to a meeting mid-day, and it definitely was on when I left my work parking lot at 8:15 PM. I did not notice.

I ran out of gas on a stretch of highway where there's a new overpass being built and Jersey barriers on both sides. There was a lot of traffic and I could hardly get off the road. I was in such a panic (actually, thinking, "oh no, this is how the story of my disappearance is going to start if I don't first die in a firey crash when a truck hits my car") and although we are "premier" members of AAA, neither my husband (who was on a business trip out of state), nor I, could get through -- for over 45 minutes. Fortunately, a very kind colleague took my call and went out of her way to get a tank of gas, find me on the highway, and send me on my way to a gas station and everything was fine, and I did not disappear; rather, I got home at 11, with the wake-up call that I needed to realize I needed to get my stress level under control and take better care of myself. The end of the story could have been very different, and most of what set the stage for my stupid oversight was that things were stressful and I had a lot on my mind.

This is all a long way of saying that, in my mind, all those external factors relating to the weeks or months before Maura disappeared -- whatever thing that made her cry when on the phone with her sister, whatever made her want to get away from school, an eating disorder, problems with alcohol, family drama, boyfriend drama -- any of those things, if true, could be a proximate cause of her disappearance, not because she had someone driving in tandem, or wanted to disappear, or whatever unfounded 'theory' Renner is pushing on any given day -- but they could have been stressful. They could have been the things on her mind that caused her to get a little careless in taking a turn on an icy road. They could have made her a little reckless -- just reckless enough to be in the situation she was in. And they could have contributed to a misjudgment about what she should do right after the accident. Those are not value judgments -- we have all made terrible errors in judgment before, it's just that most of us don't pay for those errors in judgment or oversights with our lives.

I have been thinking a lot about Maura for the last couple weeks, and what any of these details about her life could mean as they relate to her disappearance.

I had an extremely stressful time in mid-March. Work was insane, I lost my mother at the end of 2016 and I'm in the process of selling her homes from almost a thousand miles away, executing her will, and dealing with her taxes, as well as my own and my husband's, and I can attest that when people are really stressed, they get preoccupied, they focus on certain things and not others, and can make some very dumb choices and mistakes.

I worked until 9 PM two nights in a row and after I got home the first night, I spent hours tracking down documents that I needed to get to the accountant for taxes. I was tired very busy the next day, and... well, I did not notice that my gas light was on. It was probably on when I left for work at 7:30 am, it was probably on when I went to a meeting mid-day, and it definitely was on when I left my work parking lot at 8:15 PM. I did not notice.

I ran out of gas on a stretch of highway where there's a new overpass being built and Jersey barriers on both sides. There was a lot of traffic and I could hardly get off the road. I was in such a panic (actually, thinking, "oh no, this is how the story of my disappearance is going to start if I don't first die in a firey crash when a truck hits my car") and although we are "premier" members of AAA, neither my husband (who was on a business trip out of state), nor I, could get through -- for over 45 minutes. Fortunately, a very kind colleague took my call and went out of her way to get a tank of gas, find me on the highway, and send me on my way to a gas station and everything was fine, and I did not disappear; rather, I got home at 11, with the wake-up call that I needed to realize I needed to get my stress level under control and take better care of myself. The end of the story could have been very different, and most of what set the stage for my stupid oversight was that things were stressful and I had a lot on my mind.

This is all a long way of saying that, in my mind, all those external factors relating to the weeks or months before Maura disappeared -- whatever thing that made her cry when on the phone with her sister, whatever made her want to get away from school, an eating disorder, problems with alcohol, family drama, boyfriend drama -- any of those things, if true, could be a proximate cause of her disappearance, not because she had someone driving in tandem, or wanted to disappear, or whatever unfounded 'theory' Renner is pushing on any given day -- but they could have been stressful. They could have been the things on her mind that caused her to get a little careless in taking a turn on an icy road. They could have made her a little reckless -- just reckless enough to be in the situation she was in. And they could have contributed to a misjudgment about what she should do right after the accident. Those are not value judgments -- we have all made terrible errors in judgment before, it's just that most of us don't pay for those errors in judgment or oversights with our lives.
Kind of my point...I think of being stressed out, boy drama, school stress, etc. when I was in college...not to mention partying, crazy eating habits (and no, I didn't have an eating disorder ) an thinking I was invincible...I did some stupid reckless things...except in Maura's case...as a reminder...we are not invincible ... (and by 2004 I had outgrown that phase thankfully)

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk

If she was in fact bulimic.....bulimics have a higher failure rate w the bc pill for obvious reasons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Plus "If taken correctly" may be a large factor. This concerns me because I have always felt that the "phone call" may have been confirmation of a positive blood test. Going out of town to clear her head or even getting money from FM to get it done in cash and avoid insurance, scandal, etc, could play into it.

Odd in this day and age though. However given his controlling nature IDK

JMO

A sad update:

Helena Dwyer Murray, Maura's cousin who was the admin for the family's official Facebook page, has passed away due to cancer.

Julie Murray will apparently be taking the reins from here on out.

A sad update:

Helena Dwyer Murray, Maura's cousin who was the admin for the family's official Facebook page, has passed away due to cancer.

Julie Murray will apparently be taking the reins from here on out.
It's absolutely heartbreaking when family starts passing away before there's resolution. Maura's mom died years ago as well.

I sincerely hope Fred Murray gets some answers in his life time.

Did anyone listen to the Missing Maura Murray podcast episode 48 with "Sam," a friend of William & Maura from West Point? My BS meter is off the charts.

Oxygen network will air multi-episode documentary on Maura in the fall. Here's the trailer:

https://youtu.be/v7blPxnBr-Y

Looks like they are taking a pretty thorough look with different angles/views here from the likes of Renner, John Smith etc.

Oxygen network will air multi-episode documentary on Maura in the fall. Here's the trailer:

https://youtu.be/v7blPxnBr-Y

Looks like they are taking a pretty thorough look with different angles/views here from the likes of Renner, John Smith etc.

If there's anything this case needs, it's more input from John Smith and James Renner. /s

I'm sure I'll watch it anyway, though.

If there's anything this case needs, it's more input from John Smith and James Renner. /s

I'm sure I'll watch it anyway, though.
I'm hoping either way it brings more attention to the case and allows us to move forward. Yes, I'm growing tired of the same talking heads but least we're hearing different viewpoints and not just focusing on one particular theory.

Though, I do feel Renners view is the least probable here...

If I ever go missing, I hope and pray that if someone decides to take an interest in my case, that it's Sarah Koenig and not James Renner.

Has anyone read James Renners new book about the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I read it. Did you? What do you think?

I did! I read it very quickly....

I honestly don't know what to think. I do think her friends are shady and therefore probably know a heck of a lot more than they claim.

I like to believe she just ran away to Canada or something

Or the elements of weather

...what about you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics