NJ NJ – Jennifer Ann Prince, W/F, 21, Brick, Ocean Co, 18 Nov 1978

folieadeuxnola

70's-80's Jane Doe's
Reaction score
Jennifer Ann Prince

Capture.JPG Capture2 (2).JPGCapture3.JPG

Last Contact: Saturday, November 18th, 1978

Missing From: Brick Township, Ocean County, New Jersey / Eatontown, Monmouth County, NJ

Physical/Clothing/Medical
Race:
White
Sex: Female
DOB: 1957
Height: 5’7” (67”)
Weight: 110-115 lbs.
Hair: Brown/Black, Long Wavy
Eye Color: Brown
Clothing: Rust colored dress, new burgundy boots, disco bag
Jewelry:
Characteristics
/Medical/Scars: Previous childbirth, hypoglycemic
Transportation:
Fingerprint Status
: Not Available
Dental Status: Not Available
DNA Status: Available

Circumstances:
Jennifer whom lived at 174 Esmeralda Court Brick Township, Ocean County, New Jersey was reported missing by her mother on November 18th, 1978. Jennifer’s husband on that day dropped her off at Monmouth Mall in Eatontown, Monmouth, New Jersey where she reported for a modeling job. Jennifer did not return home and has never been seen nor heard from again.

According to Jennifer’s husband she had forewarned him that she didn’t like grass to grow under her feet. After the birth of their child Jennifer was went into postnatal depression and was also hypoglycemic a condition he had been told can affect emotion and personality. Jennifer wanted to live a glamorous life of a model, after their child’s birth she found work in New York City. Someone Jennifer had met in New York City told her Ocean County was not the place to be for a modeling career. Jennifer’s husband and family consulted a psychic that told them Jennifer is in a big city somewhere. Jennifer’s husband believes her leaving was premeditated and she is living in New York City.

Jennifer's heritage is Italian with a mix of French and Egyptian she had been modeling since the age of 14 and had modeled in New York for Schwartz and Keining.

Jennifer’s husband filed for divorce in May 1979 and was granted custody of their infant child in October 1979.

Investigating Agencies:
Brick Township
401 Chambersbridge Road
Brick, NJ 08723
Tele: 732.262.1113 / 732.262.1100
MP Case # 31949-02 / 28104-78
Web: Police Services | City of Bloomington, Indiana

Information Sources:
NAMUS
MP Case #22939: Missing Person Case
Case Manager: Pamela Reed
Tele: 817.666.5432
E-Mail: Pamela.Reed@unthsc.edu

The Charley Project: Jennifer Ann Prince – The Charley Project

News/Blogs:
07/09/78 – Asbury Park Press
10/11/78 - Asbury Park Press
11/21/78 – Asbury Park Press
05/23/79 – Asbury Park Press
10/13/79 – Asbury Park Press
02/15/81 – Asbury Park Press

Last edited:
There are a couple of things that stick out in my mind
  • Jennifer's mother reported her missing all thou her husband was the last one to see her. Per a news article dated 11/21/78 her mother reported her missing Saturday 11/18 and that Jennifer had been missing for 4 weeks. Unsure if "weeks" was a typo error for "days" as that later articles state she went missing 11/18 unless the date her mother reported her missing is the date their going by. 4 weeks back would be @ 10/21
  • "New" Burgundy boots; why was this item specific would it honestly matter when searching for someone whether the shoes were new or old. Would one state she was wearing a new dress or just provide a description of the dress. It may be just me over analyzing but in all seem's rather odd.
  • No specific time was given as to when Jennifer was dropped off at Monmouth Mall
  • Jennifer's husband dropped her off for a job how was Jennifer suppose to return home was he to pick her up later or was she to get a ride from someone.
  • Seems as thou their was a some nonchalance with her disappearance can understand some reasoning but also believe in smoke and mirrors.
Thought about SK Richard Biegenwald as a possibility however he did not move to Asbury Park until 1980. There are a few more possibilities still working then out.

In all there are a lot of details missing from Jennifer's disappearance. I believe if she did leave her husband she would have contacted her family in the least in which she has not. Undoubtedly her family is still searching for her as that her DNA is in NAMUS possibly from her son whom unfortunately is now in prison. In all her family deserves closure as to what happened to Jennifer.

Last edited:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Jennifer Ann Prince – The Charley Project
Jennifer Ann Prince
  • jennifer_ann_prince_1.jpg
  • jennifer_ann_prince_2.jpg
Prince, circa 1978

• Missing Since11/18/1978
  • Missing FromBrick, New Jersey
  • ClassificationMissing
  • Age21 years old
  • Height and Weight5'7, 115 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA rust-colored dress and new burgundy boots. Carrying a "disco" type bag.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair.
Details of Disappearance
Prince was last seen in Brick, New Jersey on November 18, 1978. She lived in the 100 block of Esmeralda Court with her husband and infant son, and worked as a model at the Monmouth Mall. Her husband stated he dropped her off at work that day and never saw her again.

Prince did not drive in 1978. Few details are available in her case.

Another husband who was the last one to see his wife

Her maiden name was Jennifer Ann Conte, and she married Stanley M Prince in January 1978 only 10 months before her disappearance. This would have made her 3 months pregnant at the time of the marriage, so there may have been pressure to marry. This may (or may not) be relevant to subsequent events. She was born in Texas (presumably when her father was stationed there, as he was an air force pilot). Rather oddly her husband is called Jeff in some newspaper reports about the birth of her son in May 1978, but is definitely Stanley M Prince, as this is the name in both the marriage record and other newspaper reports about the disappearance. It seems that this is a confusion with the husbands stage name of Jeff Brooks (he is/was a musician).

One thing which did surprise me was that it seems the husband commenced divorce proceedings only 6 months after she went missing. I suppose this would be reasonable if he was sure she had wanted out, but it seems a bit fast.

Crossposting.

She's off on height and weight, but Jennifer bears a strong resemblance to Atlantic Highlands Jane Doe, who was discovered in 1988. She's estimated to have died somewhere between ca. 8 to 15 years earlier, so the timeline works.

Jennifer went missing in November 1978, and was said to be carrying a "disco" type bag (it was this detail that made me think of AHJD), but she was also (apparently) wearing new burgundy boots, whereas Jane Doe was found with leather platform sandals with ankle straps (size 8 1/2)..

Jennifer disappeared from Brick, Ocean County, which is about 40 minutes by car to Atlantic Highlands in the neighbouring county, Monmouth County.

As I wrote, time of disappearance is within the estimated time of death of AHJD, but there's no information of prior pregnancies, though.

20UFNJ.jpg
20UFNJ2.jpg
jennifer_ann_prince_1.jpg
jennifer_ann_prince_2.jpg

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
CASE NUMBER - 20UFNJ
Have you seen this child? JANE DOE1988
New Jersey State Police - Unidentified Persons - Monmouth County

Atlantic Highlands Jane Doe's WS thread:
NJ - NJ - Atlantic Highlands, WhtFem Skeletal 20UFNJ, 15-20, on hillside, Dec'88

BRICK - In the autumn of 1978, a 21-year-old Brick woman reportedly got a ride from her husband to a modeling gig in Eatontown. He later told police she never came home, they said at the time.

Jennifer Ann Prince had hopes of making it big. She had already made headlines — at least in the pages of the Asbury Park Press — for her professional struggle and her plans to give birth at home rather than at a hospital.

Prince's husband's theory was that Prince had gone to New York to chase her dream, leaving him behind on the Jersey Shore with their infant son.

"She warned me she doesn't like grass to grow under her feet," Stanley Prince said about his missing wife in a 1981 interview with the Press.

Get Access

BRICK - In the autumn of 1978, a 21-year-old Brick woman reportedly got a ride from her husband to a modeling gig in Eatontown. He later told police she never came home, they said at the time.

Jennifer Ann Prince had hopes of making it big. She had already made headlines — at least in the pages of the Asbury Park Press — for her professional struggle and her plans to give birth at home rather than at a hospital.

Prince's husband's theory was that Prince had gone to New York to chase her dream, leaving him behind on the Jersey Shore with their infant son.

"She warned me she doesn't like grass to grow under her feet," Stanley Prince said about his missing wife in a 1981 interview with the Press.

Get Access
Iulia, if you do not mind me asking would you be so kind to copy paste whole article and send it to me please? I would love to read it all but link is not opening at all :( .

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct.../4683172002/&usg=AOvVaw1VqBWtDz2CEZe5wPJyEBgn

I have found video which also came out yesterday with very interesting information. Not sure if it is the same what is in that full article

Vanished: The missing model of Brick, NJ

Medical Conditions: Prince suffers from hypoglycemia. She also experienced postpartum depression after the birth of her son, four months prior to her disappearance.

Details of Disappearance: Prince was last seen in Brick, New Jersey on November 18, 1978. She lived in the 100 block of Esmeralda Court with her husband and four-month-old son. Her husband stated he dropped her off at the Monmouth Mall, where she worked as a model, and never saw her again. She did not drive at the time of her disappearance.

Prince had been a model since her mid-teens, and dreamed of becoming a supermodel. Her husband stated she wanted a glamorous life and "didn't like grass to grow under her feet", and that he thought she might have left of her own accord to make a modeling career, possibly in in New York City.

(Both updated pieces of information are from The Charley Project)

I find it strange her husband didn't seem to care about her leaving and just wrote it off as premeditated. If she was really living in NYC why someone with her distinctive face and hair hasn't been located yet?
NYC is filled with exotic looking people.

I've been working on this person photographed by sk Joseph Naso. Does anybody have color pics of Jennifer? I've posted on the Naso thread.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2019-05-31-at-10.14.17-AM.png
    Screen-Shot-2019-05-31-at-10.14.17-AM.png
    209.2 KB · Views: 14
I
I find it strange her husband didn't seem to care about her leaving and just wrote it off as premeditated. If she was really living in NYC why someone with her distinctive face and hair hasn't been located yet?

Yeah she would have gotten lots of looks by men if she was walking through the streets of NYC.

I don't like suggesting this but has the tree or shrubs area alongside the shoulder of the Garden State Parkway North from Exits 91-102 ever been searched for bodies or skeletal remains ? I know there are houses in the back of Garden State Parkway North from exits 91-98 currently. Jennifer did live off of Exit 91. Exit 91 was redone in the mid 2010's.
Skeletal remains or bodies probably would have been found by now if there were any from Exits 105-109. Exit 105 on GSP North was redone a bit in the early 90's for an exit to Rt 18 North as the Rt 18 Missing Link was completed from the GSP to Exit 12(Park Avenue) in Oakhurst at that time. I was a huge Geography Buff when I was younger! There is also a newer townhall for the town of Tinton Falls a bit past Exit 105 on the GSP Northbound side. Exit 109 off of the GSP North is getting reconstructed now.

Could she have taken a bus to NYC from the Brick Park & Ride Location off which is located by Exit 91? Could she have walked out of her home and hitchhiked?

I do wonder too if Jennifer maybe moved to another location overseas like London where exotic looks in the modeling industry may have been more accepted in that time period. In America at that time from my view(I was born in November 1979) the modeling industry in the US maybe was looking more for Farrah Fawcett's and not so much Jacklyn Smith's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back