GUILTY NJ - Amy Giordano, 25, Hightstown, 8 June 2007

OTOH - maybe the wife found out and told him to break it off.....

After all, the wife never reported him missing, never called his work to see if he was there.....where did she think he was?

Salem

Officials Seek New Clues In Abandoned Baby Case
http://cbs3.com/topstories/local_story_176170613.html

Now police have requested a search warrant to search Amy's home.
Before they said they didn't have any evidence of a crime so they couldn't search it. (Evidently they don't see an abandoned child and a missing person as crimes???)

Of course the search warrant is being requested days after the boy was found, and of an unsealed apartment where the landlord has walked reporters through.

I don't blame the landlord though. Police didn't seal the apt. or do anymore than a brief search according to the landlord. He said he didn't want Amy's case to be forgotten is why he began taking reporters through.

I do not believe they have knowledge that he is for sure in Italy.
". . .Police also said they believe Digirolamo may have left the country and is now in Italy. . ."
http://www.nbc10.com/news/13565768/detail.html

Note: I added the bolding in the above quote.

I believe one can go online and make it look as if you are spending money somewhere other than where you are. I think if they knew where he was they would possibly be asking for extradition of some sort or at the very least would be wanting to interview him there. They would not just say he "may" have left the USA.

Perhaps L.E. should look in countries accessible by car from the USA since a car is still missing.

IMHO, things aren't looking too good for this missing woman. They KNOW he went to Italy, but the do NOT know where she is. I do NOT think that she would have willingly abandon her little boy.

I don't believe for a minute that the wife doesn't know SOMETHING. After all, the family has NOT called his place of employment since he disappeared.

JMHO
fran
I would agree that she must have been told either that he was going away for a few days or something more specific having to do with the disappearance of the girlfriend. A you mentioned it mkaes no sense that she didnt contact friends, family, his office in attemtpts to located him.. and if you couldnt reach him directly I would be calling my husbands office to find out if he weas there, when he had left etc.. And as i recall she didnt report him missing until after the police tracked her down in their attempts to locate him. very suspicious..

:laugh:

Maybe Amy does not have any family...... its possible and could explain why she is mixed up with a married man that has a child with his wife that is practically the same age as Amy's child. I mean seriously... wouldn't you just walk when you found out the wife was pregnant also? But..... maybe she didn't know he was married? He was paying her rent, coming around to take her and the baby to dr's appointments, etc. Maybe he told her he travelled alot for work and she believed him?

Maybe he wanted to break it off before his wife found out and Amy threatened to call her?

I just don't know, but I have a feeling she is not coming back to take care of that baby and I don't think she is in Italy either.

Very sad case............

Prayers for Amy and Michael,

Salem
I would agree that the likelihood of Amy and Micheal being reunited is extremely slim.. I wouldhope that would not be the case but i suspect that the father/boyfriend was responsible for her disappearance. It did cross my mind that there is no family for Amy.. and why there has been no one to champion her case with the media. I applaud the landlord and his efforts to keep Amy and Micheal visable in the media. It seems like he is a decent guy and not one out to be in the media spotlight but has done so in the best interests of Amy and Micheal.

I agree I hope the landlord doesn't get discouraged and let it drop. This would be difficult for a family member to keep alive much less a landlord. I wish we knew why he went to Italy and if the LE know where he is. God please let her be with him and they just ran away together happily into the sunset.

The LE has now confirmed that that father has fled the country.. He flew from Newark to Milan on June 14th...
They are still actively searching for the car. More searches were conducted yesterday in Amy Giordano's apartment. The seized additionally items such as pay stubs..

Apparently the LE has confirmed that the father fled the country to Italy. HE apparently flew from Newark to Milan on June 14th.. the LE conducted additional searches in Amy's apt yesterday seizing additonal items such as pay stubs.. and are still actively looking for the car.
It didnt sound to me based on the reporting that she was on the same flight or that they have found her on any manifest...not a good sign. The paystubs must be his since acording to the reports Amy didnt work nor did she have a car. Unfortunately this is sounding more and more like something terrible has happened to Amy. I pray that is not the case for she and her little boy.

It is hard for me to believe that Amy actually wrote that note. It looks like a kids writing. If she wrote it maybe she wrote it in that writing so that LE would catch on that she is in trouble. Everything that she wrote is untruths. She says that she lost her job and her medical...she didn't have a job but maybe received medical from DSHS? That wasn't the name of her baby. The whole note looks like it was a way to let someone know that she was in trouble. She should have figued that the baby would eventially be identified. It also bothers me that the note was inside the baby's diaper. If someone else made her write the note why put it inside a diaper? Why not inside his shirt or pinned to his shirt? It seems to me that she was hiding the note and that it was written in a great hurry.

When they find his car I wonder if they will find Amy? This is just horrible.

http://cbs3.com/topstories/local_story_177123233.html

http://www.delawarebeaches.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070626/NEWS/706260372/1006/NEWS

Evidently there is,after all, evidence of some sort to establish him having went to Italy. Although it seems he went to some trouble to ,in effect, telegraph that destination with the myspace account. I wonder if they have established that he remained there and that it was indeed he who flew under the name in the first place. Sorry to be so picky but something about his being so open about posting on the myspace page about him working in Italy just doesnt sound right for someone who wants to hide from a crime (unless the whole thing is a ploy to cause people to look for him in the wrong country or unless there was no crime to hide from) and yet lots of things seem to point to a crime of some sort having happened.

How do I request that the Moderators merge this thread with the thread in "Located" called "abandoned toddler found......"?

I am finding it difficult to keep up with both threads and follow all the articles.

Thanks,

Salem

I dont' know how to contact the moderators - but I posted the link to this thread on that located thread - obviously no one saw it if they are still posting over there. I'm new to this so I don't know what else to do.

I am really puzzled by this case. The father of the child seemed to see to it that his son was well cared for. He provided food, shelter, attended doctor appointments and seemed to be a presence in the childs life. I am not convinced he is the one responsible for what has happened. Is it possible his wife found out about Amy and her husband and did something to both of them and then abandoned the child? The logical explanation is the boyfriend/ father did it then took off for Italy; but, somehow I am thinking this might not be the case.

mjak

It is odd that she never tried to contact him or report him missing for several days until police came looking for him.....so that could fit a scenario. I just find it really odd that they aren't going to Italy to at least question him.

Obviously, Amy did not run off to Italy with him, since she had no passport and no driver's license.

I wonder why he left his car in New York City when he flew out of Newark, NJ. I mean, it's easy enough to take the train from NYC to Newark, but why, when you have a car? Odd.

I don't find it so odd the wife didn't report him missing. He probably told her he was going on a business trip - hence, she wouldn't have called his office looking for him.

I don't think for one minute that Amy wrote that note. I think HE did - using a made up name for the baby and driving him to a location 75 miles away from where Amy lived thinking the baby wouldn't be connected back to Amy or to him. At least he didn't make the baby "disappear" along with his mother.

This case is very troubling. I am very concerned about her after reading all this. It doesn't sound to me like she abandoned her baby either. She wouldn't have put her purse in a closet then taken off without her cigs. It doesn't add up at all. Sounds like this bf needs to be carefully looked at.

I would be calling all of your newspapers, tv stations, and writing letters to national news organizations to get some stories out on this woman. It sounds like she needs the media support to push them forward and find her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DorianM4C
Back