Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: Rachel Elizabeth Garden and Nancy Lynn Kirkpatrick have been ruled out by NamUS as having been Princess Doe.

Garden was ruled out by dental charts and Kirkpatrick was ruled out by DNA.

Does anyone know if Amy Yachemic was ever ruled out?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'll tell you a funny story about when I first called Maricopa PD. I told them that I had a potential tip regarding a missing person from 1981. The woman on the other line said sarcastically "oh and now you're just reporting it?" I responded, "well I was only a few months old when she went missing so I hope you can forgive me." Then she transferred me to several different departments, all of whom were not eager to help. I ended up calling the NJ case manager instead.

That Is awesome, Rev! Thanks!

DrDMike- sounds like they were very helpful...almost as helpful as my experience in the past with Florida LE. Just my experiences and opinion of course but not very helpful to say the least.

I'll tell you a funny story about when I first called Maricopa PD. I told them that I had a potential tip regarding a missing person from 1981. The woman on the other line said sarcastically "oh and now you're just reporting it?" I responded, "well I was only a few months old when she went missing so I hope you can forgive me." Then she transferred me to several different departments, all of whom were not eager to help. I ended up calling the NJ case manager instead.

that same thing has happened over and over in these cases , several times to me , which is why I hate calling in tips :( its a wonder anything gets solved:banghead:

Does anyone know if Amy Yachemic was ever ruled out?

From what I have read on Amy's facebook page set up by her sister and school friends, DNA was collected. They are aware of the possibility Princess Doe can be Amy Yachimec.

In my opinion, it is more than just identifying the body, it is solving a murder. LE is probably looking at a Arthur Kinlaw connection. Because if it happens to be Amy there would be more questions to answer: Who did she stay with? Did she go to school in that time on Long Island etc. What was she doing? How did she get to NJ from Arizona?

Can you imagine the questions the media will be asking if the body is id'd but there are none of these questions answered?

From what I have read on Amy's facebook page set up by her sister and school friends, DNA was collected. They are aware of the possibility Princess Doe can be Amy Yachimec.

In my opinion, it is more than just identifying the body, it is solving a murder. LE is probably looking at a Arthur Kinlaw connection. Because if it happens to be Amy there would be more questions to answer: Who did she stay with? Did she go to school in that time on Long Island etc. What was she doing? How did she get to NJ from Arizona?

Can you imagine the questions the media will be asking if the body is id'd but there are none of these questions answered?

Yes, just spoke with a detective who confirmed this, I guess we will find out soon.

NamUs is currently comparing Amy Yachimec's dentals to Princess Doe's. Will let you all know when a result comes in.

NamUs is currently comparing Amy Yachimec's dentals to Princess Doe's. Will let you all know when a result comes in.

So NAMUS does not automatically compare dentals between missing and unidentified people?
What are the details of Amy's disappearance? It said she was kidnapped but nothing else.

So NAMUS does not automatically compare dentals between missing and unidentified people?
What are the details of Amy's disappearance? It said she was kidnapped but nothing else.

NamUs does automatically compare dentals. But using just charts (as opposed to comparing x-rays) is better for ruling out possible matches than it is for positively confirming them.

It may come up with an "inconclusive" result, in which case, a manual comparison of x-rays would be required.

Are any organizations working on a national automated dental base?

It was very much in style in the MA/CT/RI area in 1982. Girls were wearing skirts then -- this is the kind of outfit she might have worn to the mall or a movie with friends, or to dinner at the grandparents' house, or applying for a job. My daughter was 9 and a tomboy at the time, but even she owned a skirt and top of this same general style.

The cross makes me think she's likely Catholic -- it's the kind that's often given for First Communion, and in 1982 it wasn't as common for people to wear crosses just as jewelry. Some in the goth/punk scene, but the other clothing doesn't fit with that.

Really, she looks like a 15-year-old on the way from mass to Sunday dinner at her grandmother's.

It was how we dressed in NJ back then. I have a pic from 82 wearing a dress version; I had a bunch of skirts like this that we bought from a flea market in Union NJ. I'm originally from Union County; worked in Somerset County which is below where she was found.

Was watching the you tube video "Princess Doe Special" that was on HBO; it says they went to gas stations and truck stops. Curious how far the gas stations were because they didn't come to ours. Surprised I never heard of her back then because my dad was on the squad; we had a lot of cops coming in.

I want to feature her on NJ Billy's law; is there a flier available?

Leaving links I want to add to her Billy's Law post
Identifying Princess Doe: 30 Years After She Was Slain, New Technology May ID Her and The Killer By Jaclyn Gallucci on August 2nd, 2012
Princess Doe Likely From Arizona, Spent Time in Long Island Area By Jaclyn Gallucci on September 24th, 2012
Princess Doe
NamUs
Wiki
CNN New image could help solve 30-year-old cold case

[video=youtu;2ztjZbkgIZs]http://youtu.be/2ztjZbkgIZs[/video]

"Princess" is a really good nickname. Princesses are associated with grace, beauty and femininity. It gives her care and dignity that she was denied by her murderer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname