Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kathleen looks so young :( She would have only been 13 when PD was found if it is her. So, so sad.

Springdale is not too far from where I live, it's a town Northeast of Pittsburgh. I am surprised I never heard of Kathleen Kelly's missing person case, because she was only 12 years old when she was last seen. When Cherrie Mahan went missing in 1985 from Cabot, it was all over the news. I just looked on the map and the distance between Springdale and Cabot is 20 miles. I wonder if anyone thought the two could be related?

Does anyone know the circumstances of Kathleen's disappearance?

Springdale is not too far from where I live, it's a town Northeast of Pittsburgh. I am surprised I never heard of Kathleen Kelly's missing person case, because she was only 12 years old when she was last seen. When Cherrie Mahan went missing in 1985 from Cabot, it was all over the news. I just looked on the map and the distance between Springdale and Cabot is 20 miles. I wonder if anyone thought the two could be related?

Does anyone know the circumstances of Kathleen's disappearance?

I've yet to hear anything or read anything on the circumstances. It might be something that LE or the family is keeping private for any number of reasons (I'm sure most of you know that LE withholds key information in the event that a suspect is arrested).

I'll let you all know if I hear anything.

NAMUS has been working with Missing In America for weeks on the Kathleen Kelly/PD connection. They are comparing a sample taken from a sibling.

That's good a match is being looked into, as my emails didn't go through after all. 2015 Seems to be a good year for high profile UIDs being given their names back. I would very much like for this one to be next.

Kathleen was little more than a child going by her photo. If PD *is* Kathleen, it might explain the extreme violence inflicted as an aggressive, violent man would be a lot more pissed off at a child rejecting or angering them then an older person.

I have suspected Emma Vaughn as a match for many years and I contacted authorities. About a year later, after realizing Emma was not ruled out, I contacted her fam member, and they said they had just watched some tv show about princess doe. They told me that they also called police. A year later I followed up. There was no update. Does anyone else feel Emma may be the closest, most probable link? I wonder what the status is on her being ruled out. I first contacted the police back over ten years ago. I'm surprised it has been this long, and she isn't ruled out supposedly. Not sure if they need dna, or if they need to exhume the body to compare, or maybe they have budgetary constraints.

According to The Charley Project, Emma Vaughn had a chipped left front tooth, and at the age of 14, was the mother of an infant. Princess Doe's face was bludgeoned, so no help there re: the chipped tooth-but they should have been able to acertain if she'd given birth. I don't remember reading that the authorities have made that discovery. I wonder if The Charley Project got that right?

I think that just like anything the fact that she was said to never have a baby is not error proof. It is correct that Emma had a baby and her child is still alive today, trying to find Emma.

I just checked one of the Princess Doe information sites-it said that her dentals were checked against Emma Vaughn's, and Emma's been ruled out as Princess Doe

Thanks Jmoose! When I googled it, I saw something similar from Websleuths (the preview version), but when I clicked on the forum, I couldn't find the post. It was not allowing cached on Google for that post. So I guess Emma should be added to the ruled out list, if she isn't on there now.

I do wonder about the mystery of Emma. She went missing when her son was a baby.

It's heartbreaking! Who was it, who said that Emma was working as a stripper and prostitute, I wonder? In any event, something was wrong in her universe, if she was a mother at 14 (not so common in the early '80s). And so sad that her son had to grow up without his mother, regardless of how young she was.

I know, it is so sad. I hope that her child gets answers one day. I didn't realize she was a stripper. Maybe she came involved in some foul play.

I just noticed she died close to when I was born. Also, she is from not too far from me, in NJ. It is creepy that this is close to home.

Could she have been an Irish Gypsy? That might explain the lack of missing person report and her slightly odd fashion sense...plus the cross.

Yes-this is my first time seeing this composite, too. Looks very different from the other composite, and bust that was made prior. God, she could look almost like anybody, at this rate, based on the composites

The various recons are in her album on Never Forget Me. Can't believe they made her shirt brown when it says red.
I'm pretty sure I had the same or similar cross; it was a freebie mail away from what I remember but do not remember more then that.

Princess Doe-Blairstown NJ-July 15,1982- 14-18 years of age

Still have to make an album on NJ Billy's law
It was how we dressed in NJ back then. I have a pic from 82 wearing a dress version; I had a bunch of skirts like this that we bought from a flea market in Union NJ. I'm originally from Union County; worked in Somerset County which is below where she was found.

Was watching the you tube video "Princess Doe Special" that was on HBO; it says they went to gas stations and truck stops. Curious how far the gas stations were because they didn't come to ours. Surprised I never heard of her back then because my dad was on the squad; we had a lot of cops coming in.

I want to feature her on NJ Billy's law; is there a flier available?

Leaving links I want to add to her Billy's Law post
Identifying Princess Doe: 30 Years After She Was Slain, New Technology May ID Her and The Killer By Jaclyn Gallucci on August 2nd, 2012
Princess Doe Likely From Arizona, Spent Time in Long Island Area By Jaclyn Gallucci on September 24th, 2012
Princess Doe
NamUs
Wiki
NCMEC
CNN New image could help solve 30-year-old cold case

[video=youtu;2ztjZbkgIZs]http://youtu.be/2ztjZbkgIZs[/video]

They also have her hair as blonde in the new recon. Kranz told me that PD was a "brunette" with "possible red highlights". Also, the photo that LE provided me with shows dark brown hair.

LE once told me that the majority of these recons are "guesswork" due to the nature of her injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member