GUILTY NJ - Brendan Creato, 3, found dead in Cooper River Park, 13 Oct 2015

Hey all,
This is my first post to the site, and it's this case that brought me here. <modsnip>

Seems Mr. Hulshue had something to say, not much, but he did put in his 2 cents in an October 30, 2015 article:

Matt Holshue, the partner of Brendan's mother, Samantha Denoto, said Friday that he wants justice for the little boy. &#8220;I just want to know what happened to Brendan," he told PhillyVoice. "I want answers! I don't have much to say about things going on. I just want justice for Brendan.&#8221;

http://www.phillyvoice.com/rumors-swirl-disappearance-death-haddon-township-boy/

Brendan's obituary:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/courierpostonline/obituary.aspx?pid=176171538

CCP041840-1_20151020.jpg

He is survived by his mother, Samantha and Matt Holshue; his grandmother ...

Woahhhh.....I came back to this thread not expecting to see much since it's been so quiet, but these are some pretty interesting updates. And that picture of Brendan in his obituary just makes me want to cry. What a gorgeous little boy.

Thank you Curiouser. The article indicates four things I didn't know!

1. Speth knows TWO things but can't reveal them. "Speth also offered that he had "access to privileged information" related to this case and that he can't relay the two things he knows without compromising the investigation." I'm betting dollars to donuts the two things are time of death and Brendan's state of dress.

2. There is discord between seasoned, retired Speth and the NJ officials. "Competent" is a pretty strong word! "I have confidential information and I'm not going to break that confidentiality," Speth said, adding that a cause and manner of death would have been pronounced by now had a competent forensic pathologist been called to the scene."

3. Brendan was found closer to the river than I thought and near an old cement landing. Someone wanted the body to be found and didn't dump it in the near-by flowing river. Why? Was the placement done out of love and a desire to bury the child properly, or was it done as a warning?

4. Brendan was found down a little path in the woods. Who would know of that little path except a local.

This is the strangest case I can think of in recent memory. Prayers there's an arrest before Christmas!

From a NJ.com article posted today:

JEERS to the silent treatment. It's been more than two months since 3-year-old Brendan Creato was found dead in Haddon Township and the details officially released by investigators have been scant. We understand that this is an active investigation, but a town has spent 60 days without knowing whether or not someone took Brendan or if he somehow got out on his own. At this point, the Camden County Prosecutor's Office must have an inkling as to how Brendan died &#8212; if not where and when. If so, let the residents of Haddon Township know there's been progress since Oct. 13.

Source: http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/12/cheers_and_jeers_6.html

I came today to see if there was anything new. I just can't believe there isn't. I also think about Brendan every day.

I hope the phillyvoice does a year-end wrap-up and includes Brendan's story.

I stopped by today to see if there were any updates on this case. It's ridiculous that absolutely NOTHING is being said by law enforcement etc. I feel for the parents living in that town. They have no idea if they should be worried about a child snatching murderer weirdo on the loose or not. I haven't been on this board long but is it common for LE to not say anything at all like they are doing in this case?

I stopped by today to see if there were any updates on this case. It's ridiculous that absolutely NOTHING is being said by law enforcement etc. I feel for the parents living in that town. They have no idea if they should be worried about a child snatching murderer weirdo on the loose or not. I haven't been on this board long but is it common for LE to not say anything at all like they are doing in this case?

They'll talk only when it will accomplish something, I'd like to think if there was something to worry about they'd say something..

Has a COD been released for little Brendan? His obit picture is too precious for words. Poor little angel. You deserved so much better Brendan.

Has a COD been released for little Brendan? His obit picture is too precious for words. Poor little angel. You deserved so much better Brendan.

It was on the viewing cards too. I have a doctor in that area (35-40 mins from me), I was there in November with my 2 year old grandson when a lady (great great aunt on mothers side) started talking to me about how well behaved he is as I was putting him in the car. She showed me the viewing card, told me that they didn't know if he opened the lock or what. My little grandson who is very tall, had just started opening our dead bolt. I told her how much I worry about my grandson & that his mother used to do the same thing. I don't recall my son ever trying it, but he's a totally different type of kid.

I wonder, what if Brendan wanted his mom, decided to leave dads house?

I wonder, what if Brendan wanted his mom, decided to leave dads house?

I wonder this a lot. If there was no foul play, then it's a reasonable explanation. My son will be 2 next month and is already pretty handy with figuring out doorknobs, screen door latches, sliding doors, etc. Brendan was almost 3 1/2. He probably watched his dad unlock the doors before. It's so tragic to think that if DC had put Brendan to bed in the bedroom that this may have been prevented. Not blaming, just my thoughts. So sad.

I feel like if there was suspicion of foul play the public would know more. LE may release the make/model of a suspicious vehicle, a sketch or description of a POI, things of that nature. The fact that there is no word suggests they just aren't finding anything. but who knows? We've been surprised before.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatcrimewriterchick
Back