NJ NJ - Camden, BlkFem 17-20, UP1693, Orange 'Jacques Moret' swim or body suit, April 79

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

No info on how she died or for how long, no photo of her, her clothing or jewelry. Imagine if she was JUST 17. Anyway here's the adress she was found...

Google Maps

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number1184300
ME/C Case NumberA-79-15
Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 20
Estimated Age Range (Years)17-20
Estimated Year of Death1979
Estimated PMI--
Height5' 3"(63 inches) , Estimated
WeightCannot Estimate
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundApril 28, 1979
NamUs Case CreatedApril 1, 2008
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Street Address406 Grant StreetCamden, New Jersey
CountyCamden County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of RecoveryBody found in Camden County, NJ.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorUnknown or Missing
Right Eye ColorUnknown or Missing
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
Heavy slacks (Sears brown pants (size 7)). Orange swim or body suit, labeled, "Jacques Moret", size small. Panties, size medium.
On the Body

Jewelry
Wrist bracelet- Think metal loop with tension closure. Necklace- 6" Thin, yellow metal chain.
On the Body

CASE NUMBER - 1004UFNJ

Date of Discovery: April 28, 1979
Location of Discovery: Camden, Camden County, New Jersey
Estimated Date of Death: January 1, 1979
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description

Estimated Age: 16 - 20 years old
Race: Black
Height: 5'2" - 5'5"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Deciduous tooth present.

Identifiers

Dentals: Available. Mandible not recovered.
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: "Sears" brown bell bottom pants (Size 7, waist 24 inches, length 41 inches), panties (size medium), and an orange "Jacques Moret" swim or body suit (size small)
Jewelry: Wrist bracelet (thin metal loop with tension closure). Six inch gold necklace.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery

The victim's headless body was discovered under the porch of an abandoned house in Newark. It is believed the victim was decapitated after she died. She had been stabbed at least eight times and her hands and feet had been bound. Eleven years later in November 1990, the skull was found.

The skull was discovered under tons of rubble by construction workers in a rowhouse in North Camden, about a block away from the Newark location. The rowhouse had been vacant for several years. Forensic experts determined the skull and body were from the same person.

She may have possibly been homeless and may have been from the Delaware Valley area. In 1991, a forensic reconstruction of the victim was completed but is currently unavailable.

The "Jacque Moret" clothing item was likely something like a dance leotard, I'm guessing. The company was founded in 1975 in NY, NY and initially manufactured dance apparel. The Moret group is now huge and owns brands like Danskin, Jockey, and many more.

I get the impression that her "orange body suit" was possibly for dance lessons.

The "Jacque Moret" clothing item was likely something like a dance leotard, I'm guessing. The company was founded in 1975 in NY, NY and initially manufactured dance apparel. The Moret group is now huge and owns brands like Danskin, Jockey, and many more.

I get the impression that her "orange body suit" was possibly for dance lessons.

I don't know- but back then (I was in my early 20s) If you were wearing hip-huggers, you might wear a body suit because a regular shirt would come untucked all the time. I had many such suits- they had a snap crotch for obvious reasons- thus differentiating it from dancewear. I wonder which type hers was?

The victim's headless body was discovered under the porch of an abandoned house in Newark. It is believed the victim was decapitated after she died. She had been stabbed at least eight times and her hands and feet had been bound. Eleven years later in November 1990, the skull was found.

The skull was discovered under tons of rubble by construction workers in a rowhouse in North Camden, about a block away from the Newark location. The rowhouse had been vacant for several years. Forensic experts determined the skull and body were from the same person.

She may have possibly been homeless and may have been from the Delaware Valley area. In 1991, a forensic reconstruction of the victim was completed but is currently unavailable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
echizenryoma
Back