NJ NJ- Camden, under porch of abandoned house, Fem BLK, 16-20, 5'2''-5'', #1004UFNJ, orange 'Jacques Moret' swimsuit, stabbed & decapitated, 28/4/79

dotr

Reaction score

1004UFNJ​

Date of Discovery: April 28, 1979
Location of Discovery: Camden, Camden County, New Jersey
Estimated Date of Death: January 1, 1979
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description​

Estimated Age: 16 - 20 years old
Race: Black
Height: 5'2" - 5'5"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Deciduous tooth present.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available. Mandible not recovered.
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: "Sears" brown bell bottom pants (Size 7, waist 24 inches, length 41 inches), panties (size medium), and an orange "Jacques Moret" swim or body suit (size small)
Jewelry: Wrist bracelet (thin metal loop with tension closure). Six inch gold necklace.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery​

The victim's headless body was discovered under the porch of an abandoned house in Newark. It is believed the victim was decapitated after she died. She had been stabbed at least eight times and her hands and feet had been bound. Eleven years later in November 1990, the skull was found.

The skull was discovered under tons of rubble by construction workers in a rowhouse in North Camden, about a block away from the Newark location. The rowhouse had been vacant for several years. Forensic experts determined the skull and body were from the same person.

She may have possibly been homeless and may have been from the Delaware Valley area. In 1991, a forensic reconstruction of the victim was completed but is currently unavailable.''

ASE INFORMATIONThe victim's body was found on April 28, 1979. It was discovered under a porch of an abandoned house in Camden, N.J.
NIC#U160046194
Case Number79-27323; 90-11-28-158
Date Body FoundApril 28, 1979
Estimated Date of DeathJanuary 1, 1979
BIOLOGICAL PROFILE
Estimated Year of Birth1959-1962
SexFemale
RaceBlack
Height5'2" - 5'5"
WeightUnknown
HairBlack
EyesUnknown
SCARS, MARKS, TattoosUnknown
JEWELRYThe victim was wearing a wrist bracelet (thin metal loop with tension closure) and a six (6) inch gold necklace.
CLOTHINGThe victim was found wearing heavy "Sears" brown "bell bottom" pants (Size 7, Waist 24 inches, Length 41 inches), panties (Size Medium), and an orange "Jacques Moret" swim or body suit (Size Small).
Other InformationDeciduous Tooth Present
MISC.Full x-ray and dental records are available for comparison.

If you have any information about this case or the identification of this individual, please contact:
The New Jersey State Police at 1-800-709-7090 or e-mail at missingp@gw.njsp.org

Camden County Prosecutor's Office #856-225-8400

Who's making these weird assumptions?

I'm woman. I wore one piece swimsuits and bodysuits once or twice. I had to practice rough sleeping once or twice. And - unless I had absolutely no other choice I'd never choose to walk around wearing something so inconvenient in case of needing to pee. Or to wear it even a minute longer than activities like:
a) going to the pool/beach and back,
b) going to the gym/fitness class and back,
c) going out somewhere to look nice in the outfit for a few hours.
Anything more than that and it'd be unbearably uncomfortable.

How many homeless teenage girls are wearing GOLD necklaces?!

"She may have possibly been homeless and may have been from the Delaware Valley area."

Sure, she may have possibly been homeless. But there is like zero hints pointing at that available so why it's even there?

Who's making these weird assumptions?

I'm woman. I wore one piece swimsuits and bodysuits once or twice. I had to practice rough sleeping once or twice. And - unless I had absolutely no other choice I'd never choose to walk around wearing something so inconvenient in case of needing to pee. Or to wear it even a minute longer than activities like:
a) going to the pool/beach and back,
b) going to the gym/fitness class and back,
c) going out somewhere to look nice in the outfit for a few hours.
Anything more than that and it'd be unbearably uncomfortable.

How many homeless teenage girls are wearing GOLD necklaces?!

"She may have possibly been homeless and may have been from the Delaware Valley area."

Sure, she may have possibly been homeless. But there is like zero hints pointing at that available so why it's even there?
I think it may be a body suit as it says heavy brown bell bottoms on the state police link. Nobody wears heavy pants and a bathing suit

I think it may be a body suit as it says heavy brown bell bottoms on the state police link.
I looked through many ads with vintage swimsuits and fitness/body suits by "Jacques Moret" brand. And although at this moment I havent found any that would be orange, most of my findings look like one of the three below.

1714694616587.png

Basically each of these could be used as swimsuit and bodysuit, but I'd think of something closer to the first from the left than first from the right to understand that uncertaintity.

Her outfit could look like this:
1714694042914.png
Nobody wears heavy pants and a bathing suit
Plenty of women do. At least where I live pool is billed hourly, and especially back in the day the waiting line for changing room/wc was endless, so whoever could change into swimsuit at home and get to the pool in reasonable time was skipping changing rooms and going straight to the showers.

But UID also had panties, so most likely it was bodysuit. Possibly even with longer sleeves.

I'm confused. Newark and Camden are far apart yet it mentions that the Camden location was a block away from the Newark location. It's literally hours apart
Good eye.

Another question is: what that composite sketch made in 1991 was used for?
Cause surely any press publication would make that sketch available in archives.

1714873416850.png
Source: Camden Jane Doe Recon

So there IS more info. Not much more, but more.

She was stabbed, dismembered and body parts dumped in the basements of two vacant houses, separated by a common alley in North Camden.
So it was like literally next door house.

One moment it says "basement", but it doesn't really look like these houses have basements. I checked out ads on realtor and most of the similar looking ones in the area seem to not have a basement.
Later it says "under the porch". Which sounds kinda crazy, cause (I got the exact address from the article) the area is so dense, all houses look like they were there in 70s, and dozens of them face what would be the front porch of that house (now there is just somebody's veggie garden on both properties I assume her remains were found at).
Who hides a body of a decapitated, murdered child under the FRONT PORCH of a house surrounded by bunch of other houses?
Then the head was hidden under the rubble in the house next door.

Estimated time of death: Summer 1978
Body found: April 1979
Reconstruction presented (along with her clothing on some unspecified event, at some unspecified location to unspecific crowd by prosecutor) on March 1991. This weird thing (I mean the article) is phrased like it was the first time?
They never tried to "trigger somebodys memory" before 1991?!
And how hard they were trying then if they didn't even put a picture of her clothing and jewelry or things similar to what she was wearing or - to the very least - a sketch?
Only this weirdly angled picture, focused on fitting Mr Borden in the frame and emphasizing on the useless chin (if jaw bone wasn't recovered, then chin had to be anthropologist's best guess, not really a memory-triggering material for anyone).

I'd guess she's more of a kidnapping victim than homeless person.
And despite of my earlier thoughts, she's imo, no serial killer victim.
No socks, no shoes - maybe she was wearing flip flops and these got lost during abduction?
Tied legs and hands - so... multiple perps and vehicle involved?
Stabbing, and no accidental stabbing cause that knife was enough to decapitate her and they have it on them.. like it was somewhat planned?
Also decapitation with no other reason than to... stop identification in case of body being found soon?
But gold chain still on her neck so... it had to happen there? But what about the blood? And smell? How nobody smelled that body for months? Cause of winter?

So adding all that up.. it sounds like execution.

Last edited:
View attachment 501481
Source: Camden Jane Doe Recon

So there IS more info. Not much more, but more.

She was stabbed, dismembered and body parts dumped in the basements of two vacant houses, separated by a common alley in North Camden.
So it was like literally next door house.

One moment it says "basement", but it doesn't really look like these houses have basements. I checked out ads on realtor and most of the similar looking ones in the area seem to not have a basement.
Later it says "under the porch". Which sounds kinda crazy, cause (I got the exact address from the article) the area is so dense, all houses look like they were there in 70s, and dozens of them face what would be the front porch of that house (now there is just somebody's veggie garden on both properties I assume her remains were found at).
Who hides a body of a decapitated, murdered child under the FRONT PORCH of a house surrounded by bunch of other houses?
Then the head was hidden under the rubble in the house next door.

Estimated time of death: Summer 1978
Body found: April 1979
Reconstruction presented (along with her clothing on some unspecified event, at some unspecified location to unspecific crowd by prosecutor) on March 1991. This weird thing (I mean the article) is phrased like it was the first time?
They never tried to "trigger somebodys memory" before 1991?!
And how hard they were trying then if they didn't even put a picture of her clothing and jewelry or things similar to what she was wearing or - to the very least - a sketch?
Only this weirdly angled picture, focused on fitting Mr Borden in the frame and emphasizing on the useless chin (if jaw bone wasn't recovered, then chin had to be anthropologist's best guess, not really a memory-triggering material for anyone).
The recon looks like she is a mix of Italian-American(White) and African(Black) American in my opinion. Maybe she was originally from across the Delaware River in Philadelphia or a suburb located really close to Philadelphia. Northern Philadelphia still has a sizeable Italian-American population to this day I think.

I find it interesting too that the estimated time of death was January 1st, 1979 which is New Years Day obviously. What she was wearing as well( swimsuit or bodysuit) maybe she was out on New Years and came across people with wrong intentions while walking or she met her killers at a bar. You may ask well how did she get over the Delaware River to Camden from Philly or its suburbs possibly? My answer would be by bus that was on a holiday schedule.

Going back to what she was wearing it gets cold in New Jersey at that time of year(January) I don't know how she wasn't wearing a jacket. I was born in November 1979 and have lived in Central Jersey my entire life and always needed a jacket in the Winter.

I find it interesting too that the estimated time of death was January 1st, 1979 which is New Years Day obviously. What she was wearing as well( swimsuit or bodysuit) maybe she was out on New Years and came across people with wrong intentions while walking or she met her killers at a bar. You may ask well how did she get over the Delaware River to Camden from Philly or its suburbs possibly? My answer would be by bus that was on a holiday schedule.

Going back to what she was wearing it gets cold in New Jersey at that time of year(January) I don't know how she wasn't wearing a jacket. I was born in November 1979 and have lived in Central Jersey my entire life and always needed a jacket in the Winter.
No, no, no. I doubt it's interesting at all. It'd only be interesting if there was a hint that it could really happen on the 1st and certainly her clothing isn't pointing at that. So it's 99% just first generic assumption: body found in April -> doesn't look like TOD can be counted in weeks, more likely months -> so let's put January 1st there before additional testing will tell us something more specific.
It's very common to have January 1st as the approx date when somebody got missing if people reporting it weren't sure about the date of last contact. And if it was "definitely sometime March but I can't recall when exactly, could be first or second week" they were putting"March 1st" to not risk ruling out UID found on March 2nd just because the person thinks that it was probably few days later.
So (imo) just to rule out all MP's from 1979, cause considering the decomposition, location and weather in the months prior it must seem impossible that she was murdered after January 1st - and nothing more than that.

Scratch that. I did some google-streetview-walking around that area.
These "common alleys" are hellish. Super narrow, not wide enough for two people to comfortably pass each other and they're obscuring everything.
Nobody but local could go there to murder someone or drop a body (not to mention decapitate) there. Maybe someone who lived there, spend much time around, worked as postman... or something like that.
I can't imagine serial killer heading for such an alley to risk that he'll meet bunch of local guys heading home, being caught on the scene and ending up beaten to death.

Scratch that. I did some google-streetview-walking around that area.
These "common alleys" are hellish. Super narrow, not wide enough for two people to comfortably pass each other and they're obscuring everything.
Nobody but local could go there to murder someone or drop a body (not to mention decapitate) there. Maybe someone who lived there, spend much time around, worked as postman... or something like that.
I can't imagine serial killer heading for such an alley to risk that he'll meet bunch of local guys heading home, being caught on the scene and ending up beaten to death.
Look up black mafia and it will give you a feel of the area at that time

The length of those pants! Could that be right?
Assuming that you mean that the pants look very long?
If so, that was common in the 70's for pants (in trendy places) to be sold very long to accommodate all leg lengths.
Often the stores would offer hem alterations, imo.

Assuming that you mean that the pants look very long?
If so, that was common in the 70's for pants (in trendy places) to be sold very long to accommodate all leg lengths.
Often the stores would offer hem alterations, imo.
Description says 41 inches.

The length of those pants! Could that be right?
I checked few online stores who are offering high waisted bell bottoms and 44 inches looks like a standard length. I am few inches taller and can't recall if I currently own anything like high-waisted bell bottoms, but I have high waisted palazzo pants, and they're 46 inches long, and they're not long enough for me to step on the fabric while wearing sneakers.
Not sure about the rest of the World, but where I live "standard length" means that pants are too long for most women but fitting well in about one third of them.

5'5" with 44 inches long pants - I'd say that's completely possible.
5'2" with 44 inches long pants - pretty unlikely. IMO.

So... I've read about black mafia in Philly and for me it doesn't really fit either.
Unless we're talking bit more complicated scenario in which (and it's completely just speculation) she happened to be like a younger sister or possibly a daughter of one of the gang members (or maybe even a girlfriend of somebody's younger brother) - who got abducted, possibly assaulted by people who only then realized that they're dead the second anyone learns about what happened.
Neither gang member of their family member would go to cops to report her missing - so that would explain why there is no MP report.
Her body hidden to make sure she won't be found soon.
And her head buried under the bunch of stones and bricks (concrete?) in another place - to make sure that if by any chance she's found, she's not getting identified anytime soon. Close by, to not risk getting caught or seen by someone.

Having said that, considering the location, both locations actually... Head couldn't be farther than 20, 30, maybe 40 feet from her body. There was no search? No dogs? Two vacant houses, almost twin houses and the second is just not searched? Or was it not searched thoroughly enough? If her jaw was lost there, what else?

It smells like "she may have possibly been homeless" was just a way of saving tens of thousands of dollars with six words.
Decapitated, murdered child means highest priority. Homeless black girl is low priority no matter what happened to her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberlynn566
Back