NJ NJ - David Anderson, 31, New Hope, 2 Oct 2000

One more thing, FWC...
Regarding the "lover"... what was the rumor regarding her. Did people feel that is was her that pushed him in? Also, I read something about someone coming to the funeral that caused a little stir. Was that her? Is she still in town?

i don't recall a stir at the funeral..but yes,it was a thought she was there that night he drowned..tim wasn't really brought up,i'm not sure many of us knew him.and i guess since he drowned during the flood,there wasn't a reason to think anything other then accident.. david played in abe.they had a show a week or 2 before. i didn't think he was in brother eye, but so many locals sit in other bands,you never know. sarah seeing brother eye was not uncommon. we are a very close bunch here,have been for decades. and brother eye doesn't play that often. i don't think triumph was even here when david died.

i don't recall a stir at the funeral..but yes,it was a thought she was there that night he drowned..tim wasn't really brought up,i'm not sure many of us knew him.and i guess since he drowned during the flood,there wasn't a reason to think anything other then accident.. david played in abe.they had a show a week or 2 before. i didn't think he was in brother eye, but so many locals sit in other bands,you never know. sarah seeing brother eye was not uncommon. we are a very close bunch here,have been for decades. and brother eye doesn't play that often. i don't think triumph was even here when david died.

Thanks great info! I will look for the link but I am pretty sure BE lists DA as a former member. Could be their FB page. I'm sure you are right about Triumph not being there back then.

I think I read something somewhere about someone that showed up at the funeral that added to the suspicion. I assumed it was the "jilted lover". I'll have to look for that link also...

i can't say for sure,but come to think of it..i do recall her showing up and not being welcomed with open arms.but then,she never was..and yes...i wouldn't be surprised if david played with them..as i recall..he was also in a band called grey network..

FWC,
Do you know if Sarah and David were ever involved romantically?

yes..at one time..or another.we were very friskey in our 20's..i know it lists him as alumni...which could mean anything..and no,i dont know dean

yes..at one time..or another.we were very friskey in our 20's..i know it lists him as alumni...which could mean anything..and no,i dont know dean

LOL! Thanks for sharing?
Seriously, though do you think she could have had a strong attachment to him? Do you have any memory that she was jealous or insulted or upset about the supposed "lover" when that info came out?

i can't say for sure,but come to think of it..i do recall her showing up and not being welcomed with open arms.but then,she never was..and yes...i wouldn't be surprised if david played with them..as i recall..he was also in a band called grey network..

Thanks for the history on other bands he was in. Found this FB page from a recent celebration of his birthday at J&Ps
https://www.facebook.com/events/356706767759898

FWC,

I've come up with a big (sorry) list of questions about David for you. Whatever you can answer would be great! I want to a better understanding about David as well as create a timeline of sorts with some of this info. Maybe this could help. Please don't answer anything you don't feel comfortable saying. Please take no offense either...just trying to understand him and the situation a little better.

Is it true the he was living for a time in both CA and GA?
Had he left other times too? Was it his pattern to leave the area on occasion then return again?
I have read that he had just recently returned to the area at the time of his passing, is this correct?
Do you have any idea why he had left the area (was he unhappy)?
Do you know why he returned (job, band, gf, homesick, money, etc)?
Was he close with his family?

Was abe a relatively new band? Did it form once he returned? Was that his exclusive band at the time?
Was Grey Network still together at the time of abe?...If not what was the cause of the split? Was Grey Network popular locally? Are they together now?

I know that he was well liked, but do you know if he had any "enemies" ? ie. someone he owed money too, ex band members, anyone with hurt feelings, personality conflicts etc.

Did he ever have a serious romantic relationship?

Was he bisexual?

Was he depressed?

Do you know why he didn't do any drugs? Did he ever explain why he wouldn't even smoke pot?
Was he a big drinker?...Could it have been a problem for him?
How did he get when he drank? Did you ever see him become angry?

Did he have any particular prejudice against any type of population? ie women, men, gays, heteros, those that liked pop music, pretty people, ugly people, stupid people, any ethnicity...Mexican? (No judgement here)
Do you think that it could be easy to imagine that if he encountered these rumored Mexican men the night he was walking home (after drinking) he might have "mouthed off" to them?

Do you know if the "lover" woman rumor was every told to the police? Do you think she knows that she was suspected by some as possibly being involved in his death? Is she married now? Does she still come around?

Do you know if he was headed to stay the night south of town . I read it was S. Union St. Is that true?

I have to tell you that I too do not understand how he could have ended up in Swan creek. I see how he could have went into the canal or into the spillway (going over the falls) but seriously how into the creek? Wonder if at the time the water was particularly high or if there had been much rain or flooding recently. That is a very confusing fact!

FWC,

I've come up with a big (sorry) list of questions about David for you. Whatever you can answer would be great! I want to a better understanding about David as well as create a timeline of sorts with some of this info. Maybe this could help. Please don't answer anything you don't feel comfortable saying. Please take no offense either...just trying to understand him and the situation a little better.

Is it true the he was living for a time in both CA and GA?
Had he left other times too? Was it his pattern to leave the area on occasion then return again?
I have read that he had just recently returned to the area at the time of his passing, is this correct?
Do you have any idea why he had left the area (was he unhappy)?
Do you know why he returned (job, band, gf, homesick, money, etc)?
Was he close with his family?

Was abe a relatively new band? Did it form once he returned? Was that his exclusive band at the time?
Was Grey Network still together at the time of abe?...If not what was the cause of the split? Was Grey Network popular locally? Are they together now?

I know that he was well liked, but do you know if he had any "enemies" ? ie. someone he owed money too, ex band members, anyone with hurt feelings, personality conflicts etc.

Did he ever have a serious romantic relationship?

Was he bisexual?

Was he depressed?

Do you know why he didn't do any drugs? Did he ever explain why he wouldn't even smoke pot?
Was he a big drinker?...Could it have been a problem for him?
How did he get when he drank? Did you ever see him become angry?

Did he have any particular prejudice against any type of population? ie women, men, gays, heteros, those that liked pop music, pretty people, ugly people, stupid people, any ethnicity...Mexican? (No judgement here)
Do you think that it could be easy to imagine that if he encountered these rumored Mexican men the night he was walking home (after drinking) he might have "mouthed off" to them?

Do you know if the "lover" woman rumor was every told to the police? Do you think she knows that she was suspected by some as possibly being involved in his death? Is she married now? Does she still come around?

Do you know if he was headed to stay the night south of town . I read it was S. Union St. Is that true?

I have to tell you that I too do not understand how he could have ended up in Swan creek. I see how he could have went into the canal or into the spillway (going over the falls) but seriously how into the creek? Wonder if at the time the water was particularly high or if there had been much rain or flooding recently. That is a very confusing fact!

BBM I really question this as well. Based on the photos on the birthday invite taken at a "Now and Then Christmas Party" (the Now and Then shop was a head shop and it sold smoking pipes and bongs amongst other things.)
The girls in that pic with David look extremely high and/or drunk. Did he never do these things, or was it something he did when younger like most kids and he grew out of?

The other thing I can't get rid of is this nagging feeling of everyone's relationship. I mean NO disrespect, but I have to ask... was SM truly involved romantically with AB or was it a cover? I know there are a lot of gay/bi people in Lambertville.

Is it true the he was living for a time in both CA and GA? GA yes..CA dunno
Had he left other times too? Was it his pattern to leave the area on occasion then return again? went on road trips etc..
I have read that he had just recently returned to the area at the time of his passing, is this correct? yes
Do you have any idea why he had left the area (was he unhappy)? he had friends there..and athens seemed pretty awesome
Do you know why he returned (job, band, gf, homesick, money, etc)?probably a little of all..homesick,money
Was he close with his family? as far as i know

Was abe a relatively new band? Did it form once he returned? Was that his exclusive band at the time? as far as i know
Was Grey Network still together at the time of abe?...If not what was the cause of the split? Was Grey Network popular locally? Are they together now? no..that was an old old band

no...
Did he ever have a serious romantic relationship? good question...how serious is anyone in their 20s?

Was he bisexual? no

Was he depressed? didn't ever appear to be

Do you know why he didn't do any drugs? Did he ever explain why he wouldn't even smoke pot? no...i dont do drugs..who cares
Was he a big drinker?...Could it have been a problem for him? we were in our 20s..we all drank...a problem? doubt it seriously
How did he get when he drank? Did you ever see him become angry? angry,never..he was fun...and funny

Did he have any particular prejudice against any type of population? ie women, men, gays, heteros, those that liked pop music, pretty people, ugly people, stupid people, any ethnicity...Mexican? (No judgement here) he did not
Do you think that it could be easy to imagine that if he encountered these rumored Mexican men the night he was walking home (after drinking) he might have "mouthed off" to them? not a chance

Do you know if the "lover" woman rumor was every told to the police? Do you think she knows that she was suspected by some as possibly being involved in his death? Is she married now? Does she still come around? uggg..i dont know. not like she would remember.

Do you know if he was headed to stay the night south of town . I read it was S. Union St. Is that true? i think it was south main

pr..just because you sell certain merch,doesn't mean you partake.now and then also sold tshirts and records and posters. i worked at a clothing store in the 90s and they too started selling those things...i never was into that. i drank way more in my 20s then i do now...and i am sure there are silly photos of me too.did he ever??i don't know...and yes..sm was really in a relationship..it wasn't a "cover"

Thanks so much, FWC!
The only reason I asked about why he didn't take any drugs was because I was wondering if maybe at some point he did... which might have led to some sort of situation which might have led to a distaste for all drug use going forward. Wondered if he had made any "drug" enemies in the past which could have led to him leaving the area for a time. That was the only reason for my question.
LOL re "uggg" Ok, so why in the world wouldn't "the lover" remember being suspected of murder?? Is she really old or something? Now I'm intrigued!
Finally, I was wondering if you know when he was found if both his shoes were still on?

i understand...no..david wasn't cagey or criminal...i believe the "lover" ...used to have many blackouts..yes,,he had his shoes on..i think they were chuck taylors

i understand...no..david wasn't cagey or criminal...i believe the "lover" ...used to have many blackouts..yes,,he had his shoes on..i think they were chuck taylors

Thank you so much for all the great info. You've been awesome! I can't imagine that this a happy topic for you to visit. I really appreciate your input.

Ok, I have to ask...blackouts!? Really?? Should I assume you mean that this mystery woman was a BIG drinker...or an epileptic? Do you think that she could have been capable of being angry and violent. Have you seen her behave in that manner before? Did people think that she was "stalking" David?

I could have guessed about the shoes being Chucks :)

Also, I was wondering if you had an idea about how many people someone might encounter on a walk home to Lambertville at 3am in the summer? Do you think it is normal to run across at least one person out at that time?

we have just been wondering for 13 years what happened..so if my little pieces complete this puzzle i am more then happy to answer questions..as far as the mystery woman being a big drinker..yes. capable of being angry and violent. id say so. like i said. we didnt even know about this until he died. so stalking?? who knows. keeping a watchful eye..perhaps. as far as running into people,you have to remember,bars and restaurants close at 2,so by the time you clean up and cash out...you can expect to run into people out that late..esp in july.

FWC,

What do you know about the autopsy/toxicology report? I know that his friends said that they knew that he had been drinking that night and didn't need a tox report to tell them that, but as someone else pointed out, he wasn't too drunk to realize it was raining and to come back in and get his umbrella! Was there anyone that felt as if he was very drunk that night? Did anyone ever express regret for not taking him home that night?
Do you know if a specific BAC was given or was it just said that there was a high level of alcohol (like with Sarah)? Do you know if he had any broken bones or anything else unusual that showed up?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjflow
Back