NJ NJ - Depford, WhtFem 16-20, UP1489, in woods, pearl necklace, sweatpants, Feb'90

1992 Deptford unsolved homicide

These renderings were created of the victim found strangled and left in a wooded area of Deptford Township in 1990

A clay model of how the woman may have looked was created in the 1990s and digital versions were produced a few years ago by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Experts with the center reached out to local investigators in 2020 to ask if they could review the case.

“Part of that was some evidence collection and testing that they thought they could do to extract additional DNA to possibly identify suspects and the victim,” Lick said.

Genealogy research is part of this renewed probe to see if family members can be found.

Jewelry recovered near the body included a 16-inch faux pearl bead necklace, a gold earring described as horseshoe or wreath-shaped with a spiral design, and a gold-colored ball-stud earring. More details can be found here and on the prosecutor’s website.

Based on efforts to identify the victim locally, investigators think she could be from elsewhere. Given her estimated age, they also think she may have been a runaway.

“She would be identified by now if she were from the area,” Lick said. “I would say she’s a runaway that’s not from this area.”

Jane Doe Deptford 1990

An aerial view of the wooded area where the remains of a young woman were found in Deptford Township in February 1990.

Bumping

Edit: Christine Green was added to the ruleout list, but she's Black and the Jane Doe is thought to be white.

I grew up not too far from this area and was a young teen when the young lady was found. The clothing that was found with her, assuming it was hers, makes me think cheerleader. Cheerleaders in our school in south jersey often wore panty hose and sweat pants over them if it was cold out before and after the game or practice. In looking in my yearbooks, a few had pearls. Just an observation.

Is there any chance this young woman was not from the US? The artists version for whatever reason makes me think European or maybe even Russian. Wasn't there evidence of pulled teeth? It strikes me as odd that teeth would be pulled from a young adult/teen in this era unless dental work was too expensive

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back