AutumnAkasha

Reaction score
  • hakan_karacay_1.jpg
  • hakan_karacay_2.jpg
  • hakan_karacay_3.jpg
  • hakan_karacay_4.jpg
Karacay, circa 1999

Details of Disappearance
Karacay was last seen on September 20, 1999 in Clifton, New Jersey. He borrowed his brother's silver 1989 Mazda 626 with New Jersey license plate number RW3-48E and said he was going to the store. He never returned and has never been heard from again.

The car Karacay was driving was found abandoned on September 25 on Wells Hill Road, a dirt road in a remote area in the Adirondack Mountains near Lewis, New York. Its battery was dead, the gasoline tank was empty, the keys were in the ignition, the door was closed, and the light switch was on.

Two packs of cigarettes were inside the vehicle; one of them was Parliament, Karacay's preferred brand, and the other was Marlboro. There was no sign of him at the scene.

Karacay has previously worked as a manager in a factory in Paterson, New Jersey, but he quit that job and had been unemployed for several years prior to his disappearance. His family stated he had not been behaving unusually prior to going missing.

At the time of his disappearance, Karacay did not have a wife or girlfriend and spent his days reading Turkish newspapers and visiting friends and relatives. His case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • New York State Police 518-962-8235
Picture & Case details source:
Hakan Karacay – The Charley Project

More links:

1856DMNJ - Hakan Karacay (The Doe Network)

I have the impression that this man escaped from his life in the United States. maybe canada or some island or more simple come back turkey

Possible match?

Differences - height and weight, but could be attributed to old details on record with the DOL.

Mixed race ancestry makes sense with Hakan's Turkish ancestry. No idea how to explain where the decedent was found, but the details of Hakan's disappearance are just as strange, so anything is possible.

Allow me to put my tinfoil hat on for a second -

Do we know what factory Hakan worked at in Paterson, NJ? Paterson has several factories, but one of them is Ashland - a chemical company that makes chemicals for the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, and agricultural industries. From reading some articles, they offer "food protection products" in the European and US markets.

The UID I linked above was found on USDA property which is unique. Perhaps there could be a connection?

I looked at bodies of water nearby where HK's vehicle was found and there's Big Pond, east of state route 9. Looks like a fishing spot. Do we know anything about any searches conducted?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaVonD
Back