NJ NJ - Jersey City, *LIVING* AsianFem, Adult, #UP101204, fell in front of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church, no ID, 31 Dec’22

Hi all, I think there is a mistake here. Looking at the description, she was walking in Jersey City, not Newark. This must refer to St Carmel church in Jersey City, not Newark. Tonnelle is definitely in Jersey City and if she had been in Newark, she would have been taken to Beth Israel or St Michaels, not a Jersey City hospital.

Ahh, I was just going with the city that was listed in Namus.

She looks like she has a black bag in her hand as she is climbing the church steps and there is someone behind her. I wonder if they recovered the bag or spoke to person that was behind her.

Hi all, I think there is a mistake here. Looking at the description, she was walking in Jersey City, not Newark. This must refer to St Carmel church in Jersey City, not Newark. Tonnelle is definitely in Jersey City and if she had been in Newark, she would have been taken to Beth Israel or St Michaels, not a Jersey City hospital.

Ahh, I was just going with the city that was listed in Namus.
Ahhh, Namus is wrong then.

She looks like she has a black bag with her as she is climbing the church steps and there is someone behind her
What are you hinting towards? Someone taking it from her and her falling?

Given that location, she could have come from virtually anywhere. It's close to Journal Square and the Path and to Route 9.
That’s why I had so many possibilities. She really is just “that woman”.

The person behind her looks of a similar level of mobility as her.

If she is disoriented or has dementia, she may have been dumped by a family who can't afford her care. It wouldn't be the first time.

The person behind her looks of a similar level of mobility as her.

If she is disoriented or has dementia, she may have been dumped by a family who can't afford her care. It wouldn't be the first time.
Yeah it would probably be this then. So it could just be she was disoriented/dementia, maybe in an altered state.

What are you hinting towards? Someone taking it from her and her falling?

It may be a possibility that she got knocked down to the ground and hurt if she was mugged for her bag and thus no ID’s, keys, cc’s etc. Perhaps the person behind her knows her or saw something.

Mass/ Church services were at 5pm 7pm and 1030pm on New Year’s Eve 12/31/22. Sunset that day was at 437pm so it’s entirely possible she ( and person behind her)got there early for the 5 pm mass since it was still light out when those pics of her were captured. Maybe she left mass a little early and fell down the stairs sustaining a head critical injury and was found as church let out. Very sad that no one is looking for her or missing her. IMO

Mass/ Church services were at 5pm 7pm and 1030pm on New Year’s Eve 12/31/22. Sunset that day was at 437pm so it’s entirely possible she ( and person behind her)got there early for the 5 pm mass since it was still light out when those pics of her were captured. Maybe she left mass a little early and fell down the stairs sustaining a head critical injury and was found as church let out. Very sad that no one is looking for her or missing her. IMO
Except that this happened at 9:15 in the morning. Maybe a 9:30 am event they were planning to attend? But nobody from the church community seems to have recognized her.

Never thought of someone just dumping her if she has dementia or some other health issue. Jeez…
Sadly some people do stoop this low. These are also the types of people who trust ANYONE with their loved one. Just dumping them in care homes even with all the allegations of abuse in the homes. It’s ok if you actually can’t care for them, but put them in a home with a good reputation.

My god-grandmother lives in a senior home. She’s 86. She’s been living there since she was about 70. She’s very tall, and needs a bigger bed. She’s 6’5”. She was once 6’6” or 6’7” at her tallest. She says that she feels very uncomfortable in the bed. Having to curl up when she wants to sleep or having to sleep on the floor is absolutely miserable for her. She says sometimes she wishes she could live on her own, but she fears with her back pain and her weakening legs due to arthritis she can’t go far. She’s extremely thin. She’s only 125 lbs at 6’5”. She thinks her weight is going to cause some problems.

And the home does nothing for her. I’m worried that’s the case with this woman, they just gave up.

Edit: She’s quite healthy except for the back pain and arthritis. She is on the spectrum. That’s the only thing that she has in terms of mental issues. She can walk only for short distances because of her pain, but she’s quite healthy.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose
Back