NJ NJ - Meaghan McCallum, 30, Oakland, 10 March 2015

I also find it somewhat troubling that they let the car accumulate a bunch of tickets just sitting in the garage, they thought it was stolen and they waited until April 11 to actually run the plates and find out who it belonged to.

I've been going over this, and if you listen to her dad speak on the fios 1 News clip does that make it more clear? The garage she walked out of was not the same complex not too far away? Stolen, driven with Meg's keys?

I've been going over this, and if you listen to her dad speak on the fios 1 News clip does that make it more clear? The garage she walked out of was not the same complex not too far away? Stolen, driven with Meg's keys?

That clip has me confused now, can you possibly state exactly what they think happened? The way I understand it now is that she parked in a garage at 5 a.m., video captured her leaving the garage. The car was then stolen and sold, and then re-parked in another garage where the car received the tickets. Is that accurate?

That clip has me confused now, can you possibly state exactly what they think happened? The way I understand it now is that she parked in a garage at 5 a.m., video captured her leaving the garage. The car was then stolen and sold, and then re-parked in another garage where the car received the tickets. Is that accurate?

I think you have it, at least that's what makes sense to me too. Now where is the 'complex' where the car was re-parked? I posted some places up thread as guesses or similar... to what's possible just to get a sense of what's there.

Wow, that's weird. Why would a perp re-park it in another garage, why not just dump it on the streets of Long Branch?

I think you have it, at least that's what makes sense to me too. Now where is the 'complex' where the car was re-parked? I posted some places up thread as guesses or similar... to what's possible just to get a sense of what's there.

Ok thanks, several news stories had me a little confused. The father said he will be checking Route 35 and the homeless/street people. Asbury Park is only a few miles away and although it's making a nice comeback, it is still not a great area, especially away from the boardwalk. Public housing, drugs, homeless, etc.

Ok thanks, several news stories had me a little confused. The father said he will be checking Route 35 and the homeless/street people. Asbury Park is only a few miles away and although it's making a nice comeback, it is still not a great area, especially away from the boardwalk. Public housing, drugs, homeless, etc.

Yep. There's some come back and gentrification, still tough to see compared to the days.

There are so many places to look around there. Good people on the ground there, hopefully they'll reach Meg's family.

I wonder if any of theParkway cameras captured her on the way down to get a better timeline of when she made the trip. Or if she had EZPass, it would register when she hit tolls. The two biggest question marks for me are what did she do before arriving at the garage (11.pm.-5:30 a.m.) and what is significant about Long Branch or the area and why she would head down this way.

And good news about today, is that it's going to be a beautiful day out and likely the beaches, boardwalks and areas will be decently crowded. One of the first real nice weekends of the year so far. Hopefully a lot of people will be out and the family can get as many fliers out as possible.

I wonder if any of theParkway cameras captured her on the way down to get a better timeline of when she made the trip. Or if she had EZPass, it would register when she hit tolls. The two biggest question marks for me are what did she do before arriving at the garage (11.pm.-5:30 a.m.) and what is significant about Long Branch or the area and why she would head down this way.

Yes me too, and then the road along the shore all the way up to Red Bank and toward the bridge for her or anyone meeting her coming and going. She may have taken the long way down along the Hudson.

What did you think of Long Island kind of sticking out of the middle of the area in between where she lives and where her car was found? It's nagging at me as where a diversion to the shore would be a convenience of sorts maybe? So, the southern LI shore marinas? Probably OTing it.

Yes me too, and then the road along the shore all the way up to Red Bank and toward the bridge for her or anyone meeting her coming and going. She may have taken the long way down along the Hudson.

What did you think of Long Island kind of sticking out of the middle of the area in between where she lives and where her car was found? It's nagging at me as where a diversion to the shore would be a convenience of sorts maybe? So, the southern LI shore marinas? Probably OTing it.

If she used the parking garage as a diversion, she would have take a train or bus from Long Branch to somewhere. The train station isn't that far from Pier Village and you can pretty much go anywhere you want from there. There is also a ferry into Manhattan that leaves from Middletown. I wonder if LE has checked train station cameras or ticket purchase from any train stations.

There are also a bunch of shelters in Asbury, wondering if she made her way there. And not too long ago in Lakewood, there was a place called Tent City, which was a large homeless encampment and community. Tent City was eventually cleared out and broken up, I'm wondering if the homeless population has found a new place to set up or have been spread around throughout the shore towns.

If she used the parking garage as a diversion, she would have take a train or bus from Long Branch to somewhere. The train station isn't that far from Pier Village and you can pretty much go anywhere you want from there. There is also a ferry into Manhattan that leaves from Middletown. I wonder if LE has checked train station cameras or ticket purchase from any train stations.

Yea, but I would think she'd drive to Newark Penn Station or MetroPark as a means of getting out of the State by rail.

Yea, but I would think she'd drive to Newark Penn Station or MetroPark as a means of getting out of the State by rail.

There are also some assisted living communities along there a bit in from the coast. Her aunt lived there, so she may have been familiar with places, or had them mean something. But why leave, take hours, then still far from sunrise, which was late then, closer to 7:30 am (will check), so still dark, to park and walk away? And no word of a video or which direction yet? What would be open there at around that time more off the beaten path than not?

There are also some assisted living communities along there a bit in from the coast. Her aunt lived there, so she may have been familiar with places, or had them mean something. But why leave, take hours, then still far from sunrise, which was late then, closer to 7:30 am (will check), so still dark, to park and walk away? And no word of a video or which direction yet? What would be open there at around that time more off the beaten path than not?

Exactly. I think there was something that drew her to Long Branch. Something significant other than just wanting to disappear for a while. As others have said, if she just wanted to go away for a while, she could've gone to any nearby train/bus station and gotten on. There isn't much open at that time around there (def nothing open in Pier Village) but probably only some convenience stores nearby once you walk down Ocean Ave (if that's where she continued walking)

And the biggest monkey wrench in all of this, is that she was off her meds and possibly unstable at the time. Which makes it impossible to know her thinking/reasoning.

I think LE should check that apartment complex.

According to the FB page, the family will be a big presence in Long Branch today handing out fliers. Hopefully something comes from it. Because we really don't have much to go on.

Does anyone feel comfortable enough to reach out to family via FB and invite them here?

OK...according to the FindMeg FB page, her car has been recovered in Long Branch at Pier Village. Meg was captured on camera walking out of the parking garage within a few hours of her being missing. Pier Village is a very popular place down in Long Branch, it's sort of a big outdoor mall kind of place, with a lot of restaurants and shops as well as some apartments. It is directly next to the beach as well. I have been there many times to eat, hang out and go to the beach. Aside from meeting someone at Pier Village in the early mornings, it's strange she would drive there. Pier Village is a very nice place, a lot to do, and is well-lit and has security and patrols as well. According to the FB page, police have sent canines out to the beach to check for a scent as well as the boardwalk. What's really strange is that she was not seen any other cameras attached to businesses. Knowing Pier Village, I wouldn't think you could walk 50 feet without being on a camera somewhere, the shops and restaurants are close to each other and they line the boardwalk and area. Pier Village is an enclosed place, where you can park your car and walk around easily, she would've had to have been on camera somewhere.

Hi NJguy, I agree with you, she should have been seen on additional cameras. I lived in Pier Village for two years and still frequent that area very often. There are security vehicles that patrol the area even at 5 or 6am. Also, all of those businesses have cameras and that parking deck has a lot of cameras too. I wonder which exit she took to leave the parking deck. I also wonder where exactly her car was parked in the parking deck. That would say a lot and give us more direction.

Did the canines pick up on anything?

Hi NJguy, I agree with you, she should have been seen on additional cameras. I lived in Pier Village for two years and still frequent that area very often. There are security vehicles that patrol the area even at 5 or 6am. Also, all of those businesses have cameras and that parking deck has a lot of cameras too. I wonder which exit she took to leave the parking deck. I also wonder where exactly her car was parked in the parking deck. That would say a lot and give us more direction.

Did the canines pick up on anything?

That's the question we have been wondering on here, have not found anything in msm or the Fb page that says where she parked and/or what direction she decided to walk in. And that was my thought too, at least one of those businesses had to have picked her up on camera, and maybe it just has not been released yet.

BTW - I love going down to Pier Village, it's a cool place with some good bars/restaurants.

That's the question we have been wondering on here, have not found anything in msm or the Fb page that says where she parked and/or what direction she decided to walk in. And that was my thought too, at least one of those businesses had to have picked her up on camera, and maybe it just has not been released yet.

BTW - I love going down to Pier Village, it's a cool place with some good bars/restaurants.

NJguy,

I just caught up on the convo.. I'm a little late to the conversation. Sorries. :blushing:

Yes, I agree Pier Village is a great area with a lot to do. I've also been spending a lot of time in Asbury park lately too. It's really changed in the last 5-7 years!

Back to Meaghan though.. so.. her car was parked in the Pier Village lot at approx 5:30am on March 11? I apologize.. I'm just trying to get my facts straight..

Also, if she was meeting anyone in Pier Village, who lived there, all access is with key fobs or you have to be buzzed in. So.. there should be a history of "access" around the time she was there if she was actually meeting someone at a Pier Village apartment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parzval
Back