NJ - Multiple Deaths in Mansion Fire, Monmouth County, Colts Neck, 20 Nov 2018 *Arrest*

Was the brother home at the time of his fire? Apparently they were partners in business. Could be related to a disgruntled employee or competitor. Or could be domestic.

Colts Neck fire: Is Ocean Township fire related?

Police tape surrounded the tan two-story home on Tilton Drive Tuesday afternoon and an Ocean Township Police patrolman was stationed out front. Several windows were open, but there was no damage visible from the front.

Neighbors said the fire started sometime near 5 a.m. Tuesday and the blaze damaged the back of the home and the attic. Neighbors said they believed all of the home's occupants escaped unharmed.

A law enforcement source said Tuesday night that the gunshot wound suffered by Keith Caneiro was not self-inflicted.

In a bizarre and perhaps related twist, a predawn fire was reported Tuesday at the Ocean Township home of Paul and Susan Caneiro. The prosecutor would not say if that fire, on Tilton Drive, was linked to the Colts Neck blaze, but said detectives are investigating.

A neighbor, who asked not be named, said Paul Caneiro and his wife, Susan, were at the home early Tuesday shortly after the fire. Paul appeared to be upset and left later in the morning.

"He said it must've been a gas leak, he had tears in his eyes. Susan was devastated. He said, 'I'm in complete shock I can't believe this is happening to me.' They were here until about noon," another neighbor said.

It's unclear where Paul Caneiro went after leaving his house.

Investigators said gas cans were found at the back of the Ocean Township home. They would not confirm if the two fires were linked.

4 family members found dead in apparent quadruple homicide at burning Colts Neck mansion

Tech company CEO, his wife, their two children found dead in mansion fire | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
I could not open it either
This link opened Home - SquareOne Technologies

Is this link the same company?

Thanks. If this is the same one, and I’m not sure it is, they have a LOT of Saudi clients (including the Bin Laden group...not connected with Osama, but probably family) and other international clients in the Middle East FWIW. Maybe worth digging a little?

Clients - SquareOne Technologies

ETA: I clicked on “contact” and all the places were in the Middle East so I think we can eliminate this company, but thanks for trying!

Last edited:
Thanks. If this is the same one, and I’m not sure it is, they have a LOT of Saudi clients (including the Bin Laden group...not connected with Osama, but probably family) and other international clients in the Middle East FWIW. Maybe worth digging a little?

Definitely worth digging IF it is the same group.

I think it’s a different Square One than mentioned above. Some interesting (ahem) info in this link...quoting:

Keith Caneiro’s LinkedIn page says he is founder, CEO and chief technology officer of Square One, an apparent web development company. A message left at Square One wasn’t returned. He is also a licensed real estate agent.

The business is in Asbury Park in a refurbished building above The Speakeatery restaurant. Square One shares space on the second floor with other businesses, including Jay-Martin Consulting Inc. and EcoStar Pest Management.

Keith Caniero was sued in July 2017 over a $962 debt owed to Bayshore Community Hospital for services his son received in 2014, court documents and property records show.

The suit was dismissed in October 2017.

Court records show that Keith Caneiro was convicted on a simple assault charge in 2004. He was ordered to pay $1,155 in fines, fees and costs and the records indicate there was a no-contact order as part of the disposition.

Court records indicate he was charged with four counts of assault, but three of the counts were dismissed. The victim was not named in the court records.

Colts Neck fire: 2 adults, 2 kids dead in arson blaze at mansion

I am not sure. Both squareone but as you can see too, technology and technologies. I think I am wrong Yes, I am. Sorry about that

Last edited:
I am not sure. Both squareone but as you can see too, technology and technologies. I think I am wrong

Yes, as posted above, all contacts are in the Middle East and the Caneiros’ Square One is in Asbury Park NJ. It was a good try though. And we almost had some international crime scene going for a minute, didn’t we!

A law enforcement source said Tuesday night that the gunshot wound suffered by Keith Caneiro was not self-inflicted.

In a bizarre and perhaps related twist, a predawn fire was reported Tuesday at the Ocean Township home of Paul and Susan Caneiro. The prosecutor would not say if that fire, on Tilton Drive, was linked to the Colts Neck blaze, but said detectives are investigating.

A neighbor, who asked not be named, said Paul Caneiro and his wife, Susan, were at the home early Tuesday shortly after the fire. Paul appeared to be upset and left later in the morning.

"He said it must've been a gas leak, he had tears in his eyes. Susan was devastated. He said, 'I'm in complete shock I can't believe this is happening to me.' They were here until about noon," another neighbor said.

It's unclear where Paul Caneiro went after leaving his house.

Investigators said gas cans were found at the back of the Ocean Township home. They would not confirm if the two fires were linked.

4 family members found dead in apparent quadruple homicide at burning Colts Neck mansion

Tech company CEO, his wife, their two children found dead in mansion fire | Daily Mail Online
This is interesting. It’s either a feud between brothers, or something a bit more sinister.

That’s a hell of a time gap if it’s a targeted effort by a third party.

I find Keith Caneiro's LinkedIn bio and Facebook page curious. Also don't seem to be able to find much on brother Paul or his wife Susan. I have some initial thoughts, but they are a bit premature given the early stage and lack of information just yet.

Yes, the timing struck me as odd too.
Yeah. That’s why I think this is “all in the family.

If you have a grudge against a pair of brothers, you hit one, then the other.

What you do not do, is hit one, then wait several hours before targeting the second. It makes absolutely no sense.

Now if two brothers are feuding, and one of them tries to burn down the second brother’s house, then this makes a bit more sense.

I’d love for more facts here, but my thinking is that there is no third party.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bikerman Chief
Back